PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2008, 10:48 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any word on an update - 1st quarter almost over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brol1k View Post
no WIFI issue is HTC's fault not Sprint... and the update was for the mogul no the touch, sprint doesnt have any recorded date for a new rom....most likely a year in 2009 u guys will. Switch to the mogul
The Vogue never had WiFi, never will. Nobody's fault ... just the way it was either designed or released. Never advertised as having it. No issue here - no need to try to create one.

Sprint DID have a published Q1 date that they are obviously going to miss. Sometime in the summer now probably.

Sure, I'll switch back to the Mogul I have gathering dust on my bookshelf just because you say so. Who needs memory anyway?
Old 03-29-2008, 10:54 PM
A Geek For Eons

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwynn View Post
OK, but my question goes back to the original post by Lawman08. When Rev A comes out for the Touch, it still will NOT have Wifi, correct? Because of the chip they used for CDMA?
1. The OP was not lawman08
2. The Vogue has never had WiFi and never will

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwynn View Post
Just wondering if that post was wishful thinking, or came from some reliable source?
3. The OP has 17 posts - does that answer your question?
Old 03-29-2008, 10:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

ok people lets keep it clean and on topic or ill close the thread...also NO WIFI ON THE CDMA TOUCH...GSM ONLY.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:16 PM
A Geek For Eons

Closing the thread is a great idea - do it. Nothing here that hasn't been re-hashed 'n' times.

Last edited by willysp; 03-29-2008 at 11:21 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:32 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

alright.. well heres a good question..

what resources and public corp ftp sites is everyone checking for a new .exe updater??
and how does one know theres a new update??
Old 03-30-2008, 07:55 AM
A Geek For Eons

If I checked anywhere for official postings from Sprint about new ROMs, it would be buzzaboutwireless. (But I check ppcgeeks 10x to 100x as often, so I expect I'll see it here first.)
Old 03-30-2008, 08:03 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

oh wow this thread is a pitiful mess!
Old 03-30-2008, 10:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Sprint)
Threadstarter

ppc_user101 is a n00b

I don't really care about wifi. What I want turned on is the GPS. I used to have it in my old Blackberry 8703 and I miss it. I'm starting to think I should have went ahead and got the Treo with Windows. I think that one had GPS turned on already. I travel now and then so it's nice for work (GPS) when I need directions. Also nice for vacation travel.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:38 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

my only suggestion is to go back and do your homework on what devices have GPS... if you are using Sprint, the mogul is the only handset with GPS and Rev A.... your random speculations are causing confusion for other readers which can be very dangerous....

Best... Member... Ever...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue