PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2008, 06:25 PM
Lab Rat
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Or whatever device I pick out in the morning.
Carrier: Sprint

wldthng842 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to wldthng842
Re: Disable backlight activating with new sms

It is just anoying to have to relock it for every single event during a call. I am usually walking from place to place and doing 50 things at once. I try to remember but forget most of the time.

Remember to say when someone helps you out.

Open thread without searching > waste server usage > waste energy > higher gas prices
Think about the economy the next time you feel the need to open a useless thread. Think about it.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

themod is a n00b

I'm not as concerned about calls, but I get an extraordinary amount of text messages (somewhere about 6000 a month incoming). It's extremely annoying to have the screen come on every time I get one - as well a drain on battery life. The issue is not hitting the screen as I'm using S2U2 but rather an annoyance.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Vogue

darkshadow46236 is a n00b

I've got both - texts come and keep the screen on (I was wondering why the battery life was lower than I expected over the last few days) and it coming on during calls.

The treos did have a screen lock function during calls - it was nice - but I don't see it on the touch. Hopefully someone makes something to bring up s2u2 after you answer a call.

The other option is to program the side button to s2u2; you can hit it after answering the call, and go on. Not the best but it works.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:47 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: xv6700 w/ helmi wm6
Carrier: verizon

cheesegrater is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to cheesegrater

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshadow46236 View Post
I've got both - texts come and keep the screen on (I was wondering why the battery life was lower than I expected over the last few days) and it coming on during calls.

The treos did have a screen lock function during calls - it was nice - but I don't see it on the touch. Hopefully someone makes something to bring up s2u2 after you answer a call.

The other option is to program the side button to s2u2; you can hit it after answering the call, and go on. Not the best but it works.
i use s2u2 .98, and i have played with the blank screen on talk a few times. it dosn't suit me, but i did notice that when it is selected in the s2u2 settings if a call would come in a second or two later the screen would go blank whether i turned on s2u2 or not.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:52 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: xv6700 w/ helmi wm6
Carrier: verizon

cheesegrater is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to cheesegrater

disregard last transmission. decided to double check myself. i still had to press the power button to turn off the screen.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Whitestone
Carrier: Verizon

w0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I would also love this fix... I don't like everyone I'm with (if it's dark) knowing that my phone has received a message, the LED indicators do a fine job of letting me know without announcing it to the world.

This was one thing I LOVED about my blackberry.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshadow46236 View Post

I wish someone could make a screen lock that was on the Treo 700wx. Where you just hold down the middle button to unlock it. S2U2 is ok, but it is more than what I need.

...The Device Lock feature in the Touch isn't too bad, but I wish there was a way to lock it once the screen goes off instead of manually doing it (like the long end key press).
Old 03-04-2008, 11:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
I wish someone could make a screen lock that was on the Treo 700wx. Where you just hold down the middle button to unlock it. S2U2 is ok, but it is more than what I need.

...The Device Lock feature in the Touch isn't too bad, but I wish there was a way to lock it once the screen goes off instead of manually doing it (like the long end key press).
OnLock. It's the default locker but it locks when the power button is pressed.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Lab Rat
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Or whatever device I pick out in the morning.

wldthng842 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to wldthng842

But it does not activate when on a phonecall, or when pwr button is pressed on phone call
Old 03-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippity.hoppity View Post
OnLock. It's the default locker but it locks when the power button is pressed.
OnLock doesn't seem to be doing that for me. In the Prefs, it says its running, but when I press the power button it doesn't lock it. When I turn the device back on, its not locked. Any idea what's wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems like there's just a delay. If I wait about 30 seconds after hitting the power button, then the device is locked. If I hit the power button, then hit it again to turn it back on its not locked.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue