PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2008, 08:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

Spunks3 knows their stuffSpunks3 knows their stuffSpunks3 knows their stuffSpunks3 knows their stuffSpunks3 knows their stuffSpunks3 knows their stuffSpunks3 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Spunks3
Re: Updating Tower finder????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
Call Sprint and ask if they are having problems in your area. I did that once and they were able to tell me that maintenance was being done on towers in my area and that it should be back to normal within a couple days.

At the very least you should call them and tell them you are having reception problems.

Also, have you gone outside of your "home" area and seen if your signal gets any better?
yea good idea, ill have to give them a call. my buddy works for them, actually im his plan so ill give him a call.

and yea, the problem happens specifically when im on the express way in certian points. but when i am at home or at work or pretty much anywhere, i only see like 2 bars on the antenna. if im lucks, most of the time theres 1 or no bars... and yet i still have EVDO, lol
Spunks3's Icons for Polen's Vista Cube 2.0 Packs, Small Pack
S2U2 Transparent-like Clock here
Old 02-25-2008, 01:31 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

keep us posted!

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 02-25-2008, 02:16 AM
Lab Rat
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Or whatever device I pick out in the morning.

wldthng842 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to wldthng842

I know a lot of the time i have minimal bars with evdo, but when i call or sms and it switches to 1x i get full bars. I think it is because not all towers in evdo terr are evdo capable. I think they just put up enough to blanket the area. A small hole in evdo the cust never sees.

If you are on a call does the sig indicator improve?

Remember to say when someone helps you out.

Open thread without searching > waste server usage > waste energy > higher gas prices
Think about the economy the next time you feel the need to open a useless thread. Think about it.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:19 AM
AnthroMatt

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wldthng842 View Post
I know a lot of the time i have minimal bars with evdo, but when i call or sms and it switches to 1x i get full bars. I think it is because not all towers in evdo terr are evdo capable. I think they just put up enough to blanket the area. A small hole in evdo the cust never sees.

If you are on a call does the sig indicator improve?
This is correct. Verizon (and maybe Alltel) phones even have dual signal indicators...1 for EVDO and one for 1x. Sprint has chosen to use just one signal indicator.

Voice is exclusively on 1x, and every tower has 1x. Not every Sprint tower has EVDO. I get a terrible EVDO signal at home, but 1x is fine. Oh well.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:22 AM
Lab Rat

I tend to get full 1x and about half evdo, never really had any issues but being all of the ceo's drive the same streets as myself i can't imaging why it is stellar around here
Old 02-25-2008, 05:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Spunks3 knows their stuffSpunks3 knows their stuffSpunks3 knows their stuffSpunks3 knows their stuffSpunks3 knows their stuffSpunks3 knows their stuffSpunks3 knows their stuff

nope, it has no or up to 2 bars in 1x. im going to call sprint tomorrow, this is really annoying. i hate sounding broken up, then just a lost call, then ill go into roaming
Old 02-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

so i called sprint and nothing in my area. the advised me to get a diagnostics test done... instead, i guess ill flash back to the original ROM and see if that does anything. hmm, i dont remember dropping my phone (at least on any hard floors, maybe a carpet) could it be do to physical damage?
Old 02-25-2008, 01:47 PM
Lab Rat

I would flash to OEM then go get a diagnostics. Most working phones fail the diagnostics, they should replace the phone if you have ins or are withing 30 days.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

well bad news everyone. i flashed back to original ROM and got tests done. it passed them all... i did notice that there was a LITTLE bit of increased service, i can actually see 1 or 2 bars sometimes now, but i STILL have dropped calls in certian areas where it has never occured before. i guess maybe its just the weather, but if this continues for the next couple of weeks i might go back in again. any other suggestions?
Old 02-27-2008, 12:35 PM
AnthroMatt

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunks3 View Post
well bad news everyone. i flashed back to original ROM and got tests done. it passed them all... i did notice that there was a LITTLE bit of increased service, i can actually see 1 or 2 bars sometimes now, but i STILL have dropped calls in certian areas where it has never occured before. i guess maybe its just the weather, but if this continues for the next couple of weeks i might go back in again. any other suggestions?
Call tech support and try and get them to send a network tech out to test area towers.

You could even try posting over at www.buzzaboutwireless.com (Sprint-owned forums). I was having an issue where all calls would drop and no calls could come in or out at a specific intersection near my office. I reported it on the web site and got a PM from someone that worked for Sprint in Phoenix. He sent a tech out and they discovered that there was a problem with the configuration of a tower. They fixed the problem and now my phone works fine there.

I have heard of times where Sprint will actually alter the panels on a tower in an effort to get better coverage out of a tower, and the resulting effect can sometimes be degraded service in an area where it was once fine in order to provide better service to an area Sprint deemed more "worthy." In this case, nothing would be wrong with the network or with your device, you would just be a victim of bad luck.

Last edited by AnthroMatt; 02-27-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue