View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 12:35 PM
AnthroMatt

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Updating Tower finder????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunks3 View Post
well bad news everyone. i flashed back to original ROM and got tests done. it passed them all... i did notice that there was a LITTLE bit of increased service, i can actually see 1 or 2 bars sometimes now, but i STILL have dropped calls in certian areas where it has never occured before. i guess maybe its just the weather, but if this continues for the next couple of weeks i might go back in again. any other suggestions?
Call tech support and try and get them to send a network tech out to test area towers.

You could even try posting over at www.buzzaboutwireless.com (Sprint-owned forums). I was having an issue where all calls would drop and no calls could come in or out at a specific intersection near my office. I reported it on the web site and got a PM from someone that worked for Sprint in Phoenix. He sent a tech out and they discovered that there was a problem with the configuration of a tower. They fixed the problem and now my phone works fine there.

I have heard of times where Sprint will actually alter the panels on a tower in an effort to get better coverage out of a tower, and the resulting effect can sometimes be degraded service in an area where it was once fine in order to provide better service to an area Sprint deemed more "worthy." In this case, nothing would be wrong with the network or with your device, you would just be a victim of bad luck.

Last edited by AnthroMatt; 02-27-2008 at 12:37 PM.