PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2008, 03:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond/TP2
Carrier: Sprint

deegimus is keeping up the good workdeegimus is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Custom Audiopara (volume) file - wide range

This audio file is my custom replacement for 'audiopara.csv' that is located in your windows directory. There is another thread that talks about what the file does and how you can modify it yourself.

I found the stock file from Sprint to be slightly louder than the HTC file, but neither one was loud enough in a noisy environment. I also found that in a really quiet environment, the lowest setting gave me no privacy if someone were standing next to me...

So...I chose to stretch the range of the normal earcuple (normal speaker, not speakerphone). Of the six levels, the lowest level is really, really low and on the high end it is really loud (but not as loud as some other custom files are).

The nice thing about these files is that you can save a copy of your existing file to your computer (or storage card) and then copy this file to your phone's windows directory, soft boot and check it out; If you don't like it you can easily go back to what you had.

I have named this file audiopara.csv.zip so I can upload it. Rename the file to AudioPara.csv before you copy it. You must soft reset before it will take effect.

Let me know if you like it.

DJ
Attached Files
File Type: zip AudioPara.csv.zip (18.4 KB, 134 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-20-2008, 07:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

elTiTANio is a n00b
Re: Custom Audiopara (volume) file - wide range

does this works in wm6.1?
Old 02-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Quote:
Originally Posted by elTiTANio View Post
I've used the other AudioPara file with 6.1 without a problem.

I just need to find a way to make the volume a little louder when using my BT headset
Old 02-20-2008, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elTiTANio View Post
Yes. It should work in 6.0 and 6.1...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
I've used the other AudioPara file with 6.1 without a problem.

I just need to find a way to make the volume a little louder when using my BT headset
I am working on this... I think it is a little on the soft side too.

DJ
Old 02-20-2008, 11:27 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegimus View Post
Yes. It should work in 6.0 and 6.1...

I am working on this... I think it is a little on the soft side too.

DJ
That would be great if you can get it to work. For the most part it is fine, but when using it in my truck on a windy day it is hard to hear the person.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: "THE NOW NETWORK"

Ya Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Ya Boi D
Question Re: Custom Audiopara (volume) file - wide range

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegimus View Post
This audio file is my custom replacement for 'audiopara.csv' that is located in your windows directory. There is another thread that talks about what the file does and how you can modify it yourself.

I found the stock file from Sprint to be slightly louder than the HTC file, but neither one was loud enough in a noisy environment. I also found that in a really quiet environment, the lowest setting gave me no privacy if someone were standing next to me...

So...I chose to stretch the range of the normal earcuple (normal speaker, not speakerphone). Of the six levels, the lowest level is really, really low and on the high end it is really loud (but not as loud as some other custom files are).

The nice thing about these files is that you can save a copy of your existing file to your computer (or storage card) and then copy this file to your phone's windows directory, soft boot and check it out; If you don't like it you can easily go back to what you had.

I have named this file audiopara.csv.zip so I can upload it. Rename the file to AudioPara.csv before you copy it. You must soft reset before it will take effect.

Let me know if you like it.

DJ
When I rename it, it stays as a zip file. Should I just copy it into the \windows folder like that because it even still has the zip logo still?
Old 02-20-2008, 03:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

Red49er is keeping up the good workRed49er is keeping up the good work

You need to set windows to show file extensions for known file types (in xp its tools->folder options->view->uncheck "hide extensions for known file types")
hope that helps.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Ya Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red49er View Post
You need to set windows to show file extensions for known file types (in xp its tools->folder options->view->uncheck "hide extensions for known file types")
hope that helps.
Ok, has it made a difference sice Ive downloaded it with PIE rather than from my desktop?
Old 02-20-2008, 06:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Ive been trying & just can't figure this out. Any assistance will be graetly appreciated. TIA
Old 02-20-2008, 10:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Cool Re: Custom Audiopara (volume) file - wide range

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
Ive been trying & just can't figure this out. Any assistance will be graetly appreciated. TIA
Ok, download the file to your computer desktop. Then rename it to

AudioPara.csv

Using Total Commander or Dutty's File explorer on your Touch, change the properties of the existing audiopara.csv in your \windows directory (uncheck read only)

Then use the explorer function of Active Sync to browse to your Touch's \windows directory. Drag the downloaded file into \windows. You should get a screen that says something like... do you want to copy over this file... bla bla... say yes or ok and then do a soft reboot. Do Not copy the .zip file as it will do nothing.

DJ
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue