View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 03:00 AM
deegimus
PPCGeeks Regular

deegimus is keeping up the good workdeegimus is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Custom Audiopara (volume) file - wide range

This audio file is my custom replacement for 'audiopara.csv' that is located in your windows directory. There is another thread that talks about what the file does and how you can modify it yourself.

I found the stock file from Sprint to be slightly louder than the HTC file, but neither one was loud enough in a noisy environment. I also found that in a really quiet environment, the lowest setting gave me no privacy if someone were standing next to me...

So...I chose to stretch the range of the normal earcuple (normal speaker, not speakerphone). Of the six levels, the lowest level is really, really low and on the high end it is really loud (but not as loud as some other custom files are).

The nice thing about these files is that you can save a copy of your existing file to your computer (or storage card) and then copy this file to your phone's windows directory, soft boot and check it out; If you don't like it you can easily go back to what you had.

I have named this file audiopara.csv.zip so I can upload it. Rename the file to AudioPara.csv before you copy it. You must soft reset before it will take effect.

Let me know if you like it.

DJ
Attached Files
File Type: zip AudioPara.csv.zip (18.4 KB, 134 views) Click for barcode!