PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2008, 03:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Sprint

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: more memory card corruption!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhale83 View Post
I get this problem all the time as well and it seems to happen primarily when you listen to music that's stored on the card. For me, it seems to happen frequently if I pause something and leave it paused for a while.

So the question for you since you say you don't have any issues...how often do you listen to music on your Touch?
That's what causes it. You leaving it paused for a while means the phone goes to sleep while reading from the card. That's the problem.

Again, the problem is caused when the phone goes to sleep while reading or writing to the card. If you listen to music while working out, just use a screen blanking program or set an option in TCPMP or CorePlayer to blank the screen. You will never have card corruption that way. Just remember to never hit the power button while listening to music.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

the prob lies with THE FILE EXPLORER system in wm6 (the filesys.exe process) i had one corruption issue and it was because i left my file explorer in a storage card directory. I noticed it when i opened resco and directed to the storage card and saw the corrupt data. i then opened the windows file explorer and it opened in my DCIM folder on my card. It seems to open up to the directory you last were in. Ever since then Ive avoided the wm6 file explorer or if i must use it, i exit out of it when im not currently accessing a storage card directory.

im using a 8gb Sandisk MicroSD w/ 1560.50 MB free
Sprint stock rom
yes i do have S2U2 installed.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu_23 View Post
the prob lies with THE FILE EXPLORER system in wm6 (the filesys.exe process) i had one corruption issue and it was because i left my file explorer in a storage card directory. I noticed it when i opened resco and directed to the storage card and saw the corrupt data. i then opened the windows file explorer and it opened in my DCIM folder on my card. It seems to open up to the directory you last were in. Ever since then Ive avoided the wm6 file explorer or if i must use it, i exit out of it when im not currently accessing a storage card directory.

im using a 8gb Sandisk MicroSD w/ 1560.50 MB free
Sprint stock rom
yes i do have S2U2 installed.
No, that's not the cause.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:40 PM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hippity is correct
Old 05-28-2008, 12:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

cpm199 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippity.hoppity View Post
That's what causes it. You leaving it paused for a while means the phone goes to sleep while reading from the card. That's the problem.

Again, the problem is caused when the phone goes to sleep while reading or writing to the card. If you listen to music while working out, just use a screen blanking program or set an option in TCPMP or CorePlayer to blank the screen. You will never have card corruption that way. Just remember to never hit the power button while listening to music.
Well, I'm having an issue where my music and pics are wiped out, the only thing that remains on my microSD is some folder that's titled "Inbox.d#$#" can't remember what is after the Inbox part. I saw what MindFrost mentioned about the e-mail being stored on the card so I changed that and I feel that will probably fix my issue. As for listening to music and then hitting the power button, that's never caused an issue for me while using S2P anyway, S2P seems to integrate nicely with S2U2 also, works great.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by riironman View Post
...getting tiresome....wonder if sprint has a fix in the works.
Well, it seems the new model of Touch, the Diamond, will have 4 gigs of internal storage. There's no mention of a card slot. So HTC's fix appears to be hard wiring memory in, thus avoiding the extremely delicate little fingers that contact the gold plated terminals of your memory card and have to pass tons of precise data to and from storage. Faulty terminal contact may not be the only cause of trouble, but several experiences with corruption in my own Touch have led me to believe it's a major culprit.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch diamond

slash007 is a n00b

based on my own experience, the only time that I my memory card gets corrupted is if I leave the music player running in the background and soft reset my phone with it open. After the first couple of times it happened, I know make sure to close out of the audio program after using it and I havn't had a problem since. Good luck.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

fitzbg is just getting started

Personally, I have a "SanDisk 8GB microSDHC w/ MobileMate micro Reader" bought from Buy.com.
I have always used it on my Vogue regardless of the ROM (currently on DHarveys 6.1 Black Vista) and still good and dandy.
I have tons of pix and music, a few large videos (over 500MB) and many applications running of the card, including storage for email attachments. I listen to my music every day on my way to work on the metro and back. I use Windows Player, GSPlayer, CorePlayer. No problems.
The only one time I had a problem with this card, was not on the phone though. I was using the reader on my laptop to rip a DVD directly to the card, and it didn't like it. I contacted SanDisk support (totally useless and ridiculous) and they referred me to the RescuePro thieves... yeah, they want to sell you a half-*** product to profit on your problems... I said no way, i formatted the card and never looked back.
I am sorry I am not giving you answers. But at least, I hope this post helps to determine what should NOT be an issue with your card.
And if you still have the issues, stick to your PIM backups and hopes.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue