PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2008, 06:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

yunus12000 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I just bought the Slingbox AV about 2 weeks ago and it plays excellent on my touch. I think the quality of your video comes down to your connection. If you have a poor connection the quality of the video will suffer. I could be wrong im no expert on all of this, but i noticed when i have a bad signal the video gets blocky..
Old 01-31-2008, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc vogue
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

mush2699 is becoming a great contributor
well i know it will come in clear but i am not happy with the semi choppiness of it (choppiness? is thata word?)
Old 02-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

redroadking is a n00b
Re: Touch and Slingbox

I am using the Touch with SB Solo and have had no problems except when I am in a fringe area for Sprint signal. That being said, the other thing that can cause "choppiness" is the upload from your SB to the net. What is your upload speed ? With some DSL the U/L speed can be pretty slow, as well as sometimes intermittent. I have a steady U/L speed over 600 on cable and have not had any problems on that side of the equation.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:35 PM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
The Touch looks good with Slingbox yes, BUT if one compares its video to that of say a Motorola Q9, Tthe Q9 looks a helluva lot more natural, even with high EVDO. Dont believe me? Go to CNBC and compare the tickers scrolling across. There is one sees the most evidence.

Having said all that I am satisfied with my Sling and my Touch
Old 02-01-2008, 09:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

markgamber is just getting started
Exactly. If you think Slingplayer looks fine on the Touch (or Mogul), then you've never seen it on any other phone. Period. It worked better on my T-Mobile MDA and that thing was dog slow PLUS it was on T-Mobile's even slower EDGE network. It worked a magnitude better on the Treo 700wx which I used in the same areas I now use the Touch. Reception has nothing to do with it. HTC/Sprint managed to f*ck up DirectDraw and anything that uses it suffers including Slingplayer, Windows Media Player and TCPMP in DirectDraw mode. Slingplayer is usable on the Touch and Mogul, but it's nowhere near as good as it could be and at times it's downright painful to watch. Try watching something with some action in full screen mode and stand right next to a Sprint tower when you do it so you can't blame it on reception.

Last edited by markgamber; 02-01-2008 at 09:36 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PRE & Touch PRO2, but now Evo

dutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
or compared to watching Orb on the same Touch Slingplayer quality sucks.. If you have nothing to compare it to it is ok and it is watchable, don't get me wrong
Old 02-01-2008, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc vogue
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

mush2699 is becoming a great contributor
that is why i am getting rid of it ran speedtest and my dl/ul is right where it always is 24583 kbps dl and ul is 4399 kbps so right around the 30/5 package i pay for. If i use my laptop tethering evdo it comes in smooth if i use my touch in same spot it is semi choppy like smooth movement. i saw it on the treo and it was 100 times nicer than the touch
Old 02-02-2008, 02:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

markgamber is just getting started
That's actually the best use I've found for Slingplayer and the phone. I bought a Samsung Q1 off woot.com several months ago. Slingplayer works well on the computer and EVDO has more than enough speed for a good picture at full screen, even in an area with one or two signal bars. For whatever that's worth. I link them using bluetooth and pdanet and it all works great. The umpc is also nice when on the road. It's real nice to be able to watch local news and stuff from back home when I'm in Tokyo and the only English TV in the hotel is CNBC International.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Slingbox Screenshots

I thought maybe some people would be interested on how the slingbox looks on the touch. I posted some screenshots of how it looks on my cell. To enlarge the image just click on it once.

Last edited by yunus12000; 02-02-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Heres a few more pics from HBO,Showtime,CNN & the Scifi channel.. Hey maybe is not perfect, but its definitely a nice clean picture if you ask me.

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue