PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Incoming Call Announced

On my last PPC phone, a Treo 700wx, there was a setting to have all incoming calls announced automatically. You know, like Microsoft Sam for Windows desktops, but with a female voice. Just a few seconds after my ringer started, it would mute the ringer about 80% and I would hear "Incoming call from <Caller Name>/<Caller Number>." Then the ringer would go back to full volume and continue.

Does anyone know how to do this same thing with the Vogue, without adding additional software? If not, what is some good and cheap (or better yet, free) software that will do this?
Old 01-27-2008, 08:10 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Threadstarter

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Bump

Does this mean that with all the members of this forum no one has any kind of answer for me on this?
Old 01-27-2008, 08:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

sbrown2680 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
On my last PPC phone, a Treo 700wx, there was a setting to have all incoming calls announced automatically. You know, like Microsoft Sam for Windows desktops, but with a female voice. Just a few seconds after my ringer started, it would mute the ringer about 80% and I would hear "Incoming call from <Caller Name>/<Caller Number>." Then the ringer would go back to full volume and continue.

Does anyone know how to do this same thing with the Vogue, without adding additional software? If not, what is some good and cheap (or better yet, free) software that will do this?
As far as I know only Microsoft Voice Command will do this...with a hack.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Threadstarter

Thanks for the reply sbrown2680. On my Treo I did not hack anything with Microsoft Voice Command, I only checked a box (I cannot recall what it was labeled but it was nothing that made me think it would anounce incoming calls).

I wish I could figure out how to get the Vogue to do the same thing as I get a ton of calls and it would be handy to know who it is, without setting up a bunch of custom ringers per contact. Especially since I have grown fond of trying new ROMs and that would make a whole bunch more work each time I load a ROM.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Apache PPC-6700

BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY
the program on the treo that did that was microsoft voice command. it is preloaded in the treo but not the touch. there is a cab to install it but i dont know if it is free to share or what. i dont even know if i have it saved anymore.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:38 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Threadstarter

You are both right, thanks! I did a quick search on Google and found that it does in fact cost $39.99 and is what did it on the Treo, as it says on the following page that it "announces email notifications and incoming calls."

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...99594&R=199594

Since I still have my Treo, maybe I will see if I can grab it off there and get it installed on my Vogue, to play with...
Old 01-28-2008, 11:05 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Call announce

Just thought I'd let you know, as far as I know MS Voice Command 1.6(latest)does NOT announce calls on Windows Mobile 6. It worked on my 6700 with Mobile5. But does not announce calls on my Touch with Mobile 6 operating system. I have tried every setting under the Sun. I've read that it may be fixed in the next Voice Command update( TIME???)
Old 01-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Threadstarter

I brought my Treo into work today and was going to do it at lunch... thanks for saving me the trouble of ripping it and getting it on my Touch. I'll just wait to see if someone else offers the same functionality that works with WM6.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH

atoy74 is a n00b
Doesn't seem to work. The software does not announce anything on my Touch.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

telugite is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by atoy74 View Post
Doesn't seem to work. The software does not announce anything on my Touch.
does not work on mine either
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue