PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jnicolet is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery Life is Miserable ... Any Suggestions?

Team...

Any suggestions on how to improve battery life on the Touch? I realize that I am draining lots of juice with the data connection on, and direct push email ... unavoidable at this point. Wondering if there is a way to tweak settings, etc?

Thanks.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Do these registry edits, and if you don't know what registry edits are do a search. Resco Phm
Welcome to the forums, but before you start threads you should do a search as this has been covered a million times like most problems. There's tons of good info here.

Here's the battery reg edits from the Registry edits thread.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=29
Old 01-10-2008, 12:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
These may be more superstitions but I get great battery life.

Shut off the GPS Locator (in the Phone Menu)
Shut off ActiveSync on time change (I use Memmaid Notification List remove ONE of the repllog's the one that triggers on time change )

I also make sure not to run ANYTHING that starts the network automatically on some schedule (email, weather etc.)
Old 01-10-2008, 04:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Keyone is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
These may be more superstitions but I get great battery life.

Shut off the GPS Locator (in the Phone Menu)
Shut off ActiveSync on time change (I use Memmaid Notification List remove ONE of the repllog's the one that triggers on time change )

I also make sure not to run ANYTHING that starts the network automatically on some schedule (email, weather etc.)
He requires the constant data connections.

OP, if you're doing a lot of business, then it might not be a bad idea to get the Sesidio 1500mAh battery. I plan on getting it eventually. It should add a decent amount of battery life. Also, perform the battery registry "hacks" as mentioned above. They should help some as well.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Bunch of folks on pdaphonehome did tests on the 1500mah battery and found it no better than the 1100mah OEM battery.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:32 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnicolet View Post
Team...

Any suggestions on how to improve battery life on the Touch? I realize that I am draining lots of juice with the data connection on, and direct push email ... unavoidable at this point. Wondering if there is a way to tweak settings, etc?

Thanks.
I find the battery to be surprising good, compared to the 2800 I had on my apache. At end of day I'm still around 50%. I also have direct push, but instead of having activesync setup for "as items arrive", I have it set to every 30 min. Also have backlight on 4th tick from the lowest, and device turns off after 1 min of inactivity. Also have 2 pop3 accounts checking every 30min.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Windows Mobile 6.5 on HTC Touch

uofirob is just getting started
What exactly do the registry hacks shut off? Will they not affect the way my phone interacts with the 'net, IM or anything else if I do put those hacks off?

One I saw was the IR, since the phone doesn't have infrared, I'm sure that's ok, but what do the other values stand for, and how are they not needed?

Thanks!
-Rob
Old 01-10-2008, 04:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
All they are doing is pretty much activating power saving mode for features not even used by the phone, that are told to always be available by default...

Last edited by divxrippimp; 01-11-2008 at 05:12 AM.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
I find the battery to be surprising good, compared to the 2800 I had on my apache. At end of day I'm still around 50%.
I know for me being a veteren of the 6700 and 6800, I'm amazed at the battery life on the Touch, it's outstanding compared to them.

I remember first seeing that tiny tiny Touch battery and thought it was going to have pathetic battery life, but this thing just keeps on going way past the point when I would be at 0% on my other devices.

Last edited by Primenall; 01-10-2008 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

markgamber is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by divxrippimp View Post
All they are doing is pretty much activation power saving mode for features not even used by the phone, that are told to always be available by default...
LOL...yeah, I noticed that too. I wonder how much longer the battery lasts when wifi and ir are turned off.

FWIW, the Touch is a little better than my Mogul and considerably better than the T-Mobile MDA.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue