PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 07:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ajones7279 Send a message via Yahoo to ajones7279
Quote:
Originally Posted by divxrippimp View Post
S2U2 Is perfect for this problem...
I'll second that
Old 12-30-2007, 09:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch

felixdacat21 is a n00b
Even with s2u2 program, the touch still comes on randomly.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

ajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixdacat21 View Post
Even with s2u2 program, the touch still comes on randomly.
We know. s2u2 turns it back off. Mine doesnt wake up randomly tho because of how I have everything set. Data connection is always on and its set to 1x only
Old 12-31-2007, 11:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

nrupalp is a n00b
This is not normal at all. I had Treo 700wx and it never ever woke up on its own. I had 6700, 6800 and now touch. I think its only for devices from HTC. Its a shame on them that being such a big company, they cant figure out this simplest of the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by klurf8881 View Post
i have mine just normally set up and i dont have it come on rarely ever. Just one specific area where i know its just switching towers hard.

s2u2 isnt the magic cure-all. all it will do is prevent you from pushing stuff on the screen if it does come on. But this is normal of WM phones. just set your backlight for 1min and itll turn itself off after a min if it does come on, no biggy. Dunno what the big deal is, its normal since weve had WM phones, nothing you can do about it.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
i have mine just normally set up and i dont have it come on rarely ever. Just one specific area where i know its just switching towers hard.

s2u2 isnt the magic cure-all. all it will do is prevent you from pushing stuff on the screen if it does come on. But this is normal of WM phones. just set your backlight for 1min and itll turn itself off after a min if it does come on, no biggy. Dunno what the big deal is, its normal since weve had WM phones, nothing you can do about it.
What we're sayin is yea it'll prevent u from pushin buttons if it comes on AND you can set it to turn the screen back off in a matter of 5-30ish? secs which helps save the battery some
Old 01-01-2008, 03:31 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Quote:
i know that and i was saying the phone can already do that without additional software too. i dont ever think adding on more crap ever solves anything with WM
Umm... if this is the case then do you use ANY third-party apps?

Those would be included in the whole "adding on more crap" thing.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
yes essential 3rd party, not trying to pretend my phone is an iphone....... I have no desire to be a sheeple and fall into the craze

my POINT was s2u2 wont fix the phone waking up they are unrelated.
Nobody said it would fix that problem. What we were sayin is it'll help if the phone does wake up because it doesnt only turn your backlight off, it actually turns the phone back off to standby mode. The lowest setting to turn the phone off in WM is 1 minute. Lowest setting for s2u2 is 5 secs. You choose. As for falling into a craze, iPhone's interface is better than wm, as far as launching programs anyway. I'd rather push one button on my home screen intead of start-programs-scroll to find it. I dont want an iPhone, I love my touch. Its just the fact that I can emulate it's UI but it cant be vice versa
Old 07-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

joeybobo is a n00b
Re: Does Touch wake up randomly on its own like the Mogul?

***BUMP***

Did a search and this is the only thread I could find. I've upgraded to the (leaked)OFFICIAL Sprint ROM and still have this problem where the phone wakes up when it switches between EVDO and 1X. Anyone have a fix for this other than using S2U to mask the issue?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-02-2008, 07:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (vogue)

blisk is just getting started

I thought the problem was that active sync pops up wayyy too often and syncs the time with the cell towers (also why active sync all of a sudden appears for no reason as a running app).
Old 07-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

joeybobo is a n00b

No, it's definitely when it switches between 1X and EVDO networks. Incoming mail(ActiveSync/Direct Push)/text/calls, etc.. wakeup from standby is expected. This is definitely a bug, or as Sprint would probably like to call it a "feature".
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue