PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Tenny
Battery...% drops!

Hey,

I was wondering if I'm the only one having issues with my phones battery. When I first got it, it worked very well. Well now it's been about two weeks the battery life has gone to crap.

I start the phone at 100% in the morning, around 11:00AM I'm at 90% battery. Around Noon I hit 50% (so it goes from 90% to 50% in about an hour with no usage). It hovers around 50% for another hour or two, then it drops to either 5% or 20%, after very minimal usage. (playing a game for 10 min, and sending a text or two).

I have removed the battery for a hour, then charged it over night with the phone off, and all those other tricks (i had a mogul & moto q). I have the battery registry modifications also. I'm going to send HTC a message to see if they will send me a new battery, seems to me mine is defective.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work
I have experienced the same thing. From the lack of complaints I was begginning to think I was the only one.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael (Touch Pro)

dlbrummels is keeping up the good workdlbrummels is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to dlbrummels Send a message via AIM to dlbrummels Send a message via MSN to dlbrummels Send a message via Yahoo to dlbrummels Send a message via Skype™ to dlbrummels
Have you installed software since the two weeks?
Old 12-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I have installed many programs in the last two weeks, but nothing within two days before I noticed the sudden drop... it's still sitting at 20% 3:30 after I posted this... I think it's just a calibration issue, but still annoying
Old 12-12-2007, 10:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
I have a habit of shutting off the GPS Locator thing since I tried it on my wifes Q and it made a huge difference on battery life.

Has signal quality changed or where your placing it during the morning?

It could be calibration. Try taking battery out after a full charge for 5 minutes, put it again and charge it full again. That usually helps calibration issues.

Watch out apps can do funny things even with no change on the phone. Like a weather program that can't get it's data and keeps retrying over and over.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

No real difference as far as signal strength, I'll try taking it off after full charge, and then plugging it back in, hopefully that will help fix it. Otherwise I'll be calling HTC about it, and ordering a Seiko battery.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I hace had the same issue while using the seido battery. Although today for the first time in a while my battery was at 90% when I left work. In the last couple of days it has been down to 50% at that time. There is def. something going on.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tmobile touch

xponline is a n00b
This has now happened to my touch. Strange thing being when I noticed I did a soft reset and after this gained 4M of program memory. I had not added or removed any software for a number of days and not changed my normal usage. Previosly I could go to work with a full charge 100% and leave 8Hrs later still with 100%. Now 4hrs in and it is down to 65% just turning on every hour to check battery status. Will be contacting T Mobile and will report back ...
Old 12-21-2007, 09:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

sj808 is just getting started
I'm experiencing this myself. I thought my mind was playing tricks on me. I would charge when I go to sleep. Drive to work (which is a 45 min. to a hour cuz of traffic) and still be at 100%. When I get to work its 90% now. Then it just keeps dropping another 10% as the hours go by. by the time I get off its like 40-50%, depends if I'm talking alot or not.

I don't know wtf is going on.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

RonaldReagan is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj808 View Post
I'm experiencing this myself. I thought my mind was playing tricks on me. I would charge when I go to sleep. Drive to work (which is a 45 min. to a hour cuz of traffic) and still be at 100%. When I get to work its 90% now. Then it just keeps dropping another 10% as the hours go by. by the time I get off its like 40-50%, depends if I'm talking alot or not.

I don't know wtf is going on.
Pratically the same for me.... I cann;t reall go an entier day on one charge.... tried removing all the third party programs with a hard reset and tested it... same thing.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue