PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2007, 03:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung for the "Moment"
Carrier: Sprint

pg2k3 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Earpiece

Does anybody have any problems hearing on their Touch when its not 100% quiet in the room? I'm thinking about getting this swapped for another one unless somebody can confirm that this is as good of volume as im going to get out of this phone.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:54 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
I think the problem is not the phone, but the carrying case that it comes in. The thing is padded so well and fits so snug that it muffles the speaker. Every time I have it in the case I can barely hear it ring, when it's out it's very loud. Also, make sure that the ringer volume is turned all the way up. I think the Touch comes with the volume at about 75%. I had to turn it up to 100% to hear it clearly through the case.

Of course this is all just my opinion and experience.

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 11-26-2007, 10:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

wickedklown is just getting started
By the title I think hes talking about the BT volume. I have the same issue but its def. better than my moguls BT volume. I can barely hear the caller while driving due to all the noise.
Does that Audio.csv file swap work for the Touch?
Old 11-26-2007, 10:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
You may want to check out this thread below for the mogul as it applies to the touch as well. I experimented with AudioPara.csv on the touch and you can make the ear piece and speakerphone MUCH louder if you so wish. Not responsible for blowing speakers or your ears.

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...me-issues.html

I don't think he is talking about bluetooth. I was only experimenting to see if I could get application volume up (not phone) on the BT headset and could not. I tried many combinations and nothing effected BT Volume for applications (i.e. Voice Command). But the earpiece and speaker phone adjustments do work.

Last edited by mswlogo; 11-26-2007 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:38 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
For me the sound coming out of the earpiece on the Touch is great. I keep it one notch below the highest setting, but most of the time I can lower it a notch or two. For me the Touch is loud and clear. The thing with sound is every one perceives it differently. So what may work for me, may not work for you. I would go try a demo or two at the local stores to see if their is a difference between them. If your Touch doesn't sound as good then swap it out.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 11-26-2007, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yes it seems that I am having this problem with bluetooth and the actual earpiece. ill compare some demos sometime this week.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
I have to have my earpiece on max for it to be comfortable, but that's fine. But there is more headroom if you want to play with AudioPara.csv

I doubt swapping the phone will not do anything for in call BT headset volume. Try another headset.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
You may want to check out this thread below for the mogul as it applies to the touch as well. I experimented with AudioPara.csv on the touch and you can make the ear piece and speakerphone MUCH louder if you so wish. Not responsible for blowing speakers or your ears.

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...me-issues.html

I don't think he is talking about bluetooth. I was only experimenting to see if I could get application volume up (not phone) on the BT headset and could not. I tried many combinations and nothing effected BT Volume for applications (i.e. Voice Command). But the earpiece and speaker phone adjustments do work.
hey can you please post your file? cuz when i tried doing this it had a negative effect on my touch.. it was very low and i had to do a hardreset!!!
Old 11-26-2007, 01:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
I doubt swapping the phone will not do anything for in call BT headset volume. Try another headset.
Im more concerned with the earpiece right now.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

acidwarp is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedklown View Post
By the title I think hes talking about the BT volume. I have the same issue but its def. better than my moguls BT volume. I can barely hear the caller while driving due to all the noise.
Does that Audio.csv file swap work for the Touch?
I have this problem also. It's so bad that I have given up on using bt all together. I have tried both a WEP-200 and a Jawbone with poor results. This is my only gripe for the Touch. I really need BT to work as I spend most of my time using this in the car.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue