PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2007, 03:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

MarkF is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Poor Speaker Quality?

I am wondering if it is just my Touch or not, but the speaker quality on my Touch is awful. I have a MP3 file as my ringtone and it sounds lousy when I get a call. I used this same file on my Treo and Q and it sounded just fine. Then I received a call last night while driving and I forgot my headset so I put the call on speaker and the quality was so bad I couldn't even understand a word the caller was saying. I never had this problem with my Q.

Lastly I'm curious if Sprint Tv plays over the speaker or if you need to use the headset. My Sprint Tv will not play over the speaker.

Thanks
Old 11-14-2007, 03:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
i find that if i turn the volume one step down from max the quailty improves.

sprint tv does go though the external speaker. sprint tv volume in lower than normal for some reason.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch

Polen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Yeah, the speaker has almost no bass at all. Make sure the speaker is facing up during speakerphone calls. If you cover the speaker at all, like your lap, I noticed that it muffles it badly. The solid case construction reduces the sound resonance, so all the sound comes out of the hole in the back.

-Polen
Vista Dialer for Sprint Touch
Vista Keyboard for Sprint Touch
Donations Welcome so my wife doesn't think I'm wasting my time.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Lurker

hizduser is a n00b
If you cuff your hands behind the speaker it gets louder. Works for me. I have not been dissappointed with my speaker. It's pretty loud. I have to actually turn it down. It's better then the 700wx and mogul from my experience.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:34 PM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Interesting I think its slightly more tinny and poorer than my 700wx, but its certainly no showstopper
Old 11-14-2007, 08:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
I think it's about 85% as good as a Q. Q has a pretty outstanding earpiece and speakerphone.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung intrepid
Carrier: sprint

jpac586 is a n00b
Your mogul may be defective. My speaker was so bad I could not understand some conversations on speaker phone. Customer service approved a swap, and the new Mogul is much clearer.

On sprint tv - I found by accident that while listening to tv, moving the d pad right or left causes the volume to increase or decrease. (with screen in horizontal position.)
this is independent of the usual volume controls. Moving d pad up or down changes the channel. Perhaps this will help
Old 11-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpac586 View Post
Your mogul may be defective. My speaker was so bad I could not understand some conversations on speaker phone. Customer service approved a swap, and the new Mogul is much clearer.

On sprint tv - I found by accident that while listening to tv, moving the d pad right or left causes the volume to increase or decrease. (with screen in horizontal position.)
this is independent of the usual volume controls. Moving d pad up or down changes the channel. Perhaps this will help
Did you mean his Touch.

For an HTC device this is the best speakerphone I have had. It sounds a little hallow/muffled, but it is so much better then the Mogul & 6700.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif

Last edited by budney; 11-16-2007 at 09:02 AM.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung intrepid
Carrier: sprint

jpac586 is a n00b
Ooo sorry, he is referring to the touch, yessir. Got confused, as I have a Mogul, and my wife the touch.

I was referring to my problems with the Mogul. Actually, in comparing my phone to the wife's I'd say the speaker quality is a bit better on the touch...Louder and of better quality.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue