PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2007, 08:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch

foryasoul is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i tunes on touch

how can i get that beautiful i tunes player thats on i phone on my touch i wanna see album art win i listen to music thanks
Old 11-11-2007, 09:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Mustang46L is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Mustang46L
Great find!! I was looking for something like that. Some of us don't want an iPhone, but want the features of the iPhone that make it a great device. Any phone that HTC has all the potential of an iPhone and more with the right software.

Now if I could only get visual voicemail and a browser as good as Safari on my phone.
Compaq H3650 --> Handspring 600 (Sprint) --> HTC 6600 (Sprint) --> Dell Axim X51v --> HTC Mogul (Sprint) --> HTC Touch (Sprint) --> HTC Diamond (Sprint) --> HTC Touch Pro (Sprint) --> Palm Pre (Sprint) --> HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Old 11-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch

slimjim168 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by klurf8881 View Post
omg............... this isnt the iphone. im so tired of threads asking how to make and compare the mogul/touch an iphone. if you want an iphone look then get one and use it...theres nothing you can do to just totally "make" this phone an iphone sorry. there are plenty of media player options but enough iphone reference its not gonna happen

so far almost EVERY post youve made has been about the iphone and making the Touch an iphone, which its NOT! its getting real old
LOL I agree with you on some level. If I thought the Iphone was better than the touch, I would have gotten one instead. I always look for something that is better than Safari, or Itunes and not a pc version of them Yet I'm a mac fanboy.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

cjbreisch is just getting started
iTunes will NEVER appear on a non-Apple manufactured mobile device.

Did I mention the word "NEVER"? Good.

Now, there are a few applications out there that will play AAC files or whatever file type it is that iTunes uses (I can't remember). Use your favorite search engine and do a search on "iTunes PocketPC" or something similar. You'll find them. You might even find something that someone has written that pretty much clones the iTunes interface. I doubt it, but you never know.

But the original Apple iTunes app? It will NEVER be here.

Why? It's a loser for Apple. If you can get iTunes on a generic SmartPhone or PDA, then there's no reason to buy an iPod anymore (and maybe even no reason to by an iPhone). Since Apple still wants to sell a few zillion more iPods, they're not likely to give up that revenue stream anytime soon.

So, in other words, iTunes will NEVER appear on a non-Apple manufactured mobile device.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Mustang46L is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Mustang46L
See, what I think the original poster was referring to was not to try to get "itunes" on his touch. What I think he was looking for is a media player that is a bit nicer than WMP. TCPMP is a great player, but it is the equivalent of Media Player Classic on the PC, it works but it isn't pretty. HTC Audio Manager gets us a step closer by showing album art when playing songs, but it doesn't seem to work too well on my Touch.

But basically what I think we are hoping for is a media player that can show album art both when playing music and searching through your library, and if it works with TouchFlo that would be great! iTunes support is NOT necessary.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: EVIL V

EDGE23 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to EDGE23
give napster a try. some songs will play on media or htc music thing.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:09 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

foryasoul is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang46L View Post
See, what I think the original poster was referring to was not to try to get "itunes" on his touch. What I think he was looking for is a media player that is a bit nicer than WMP. TCPMP is a great player, but it is the equivalent of Media Player Classic on the PC, it works but it isn't pretty. HTC Audio Manager gets us a step closer by showing album art when playing songs, but it doesn't seem to work too well on my Touch.

But basically what I think we are hoping for is a media player that can show album art both when playing music and searching through your library, and if it works with TouchFlo that would be great! iTunes support is NOT necessary.
thats exactly what im talking about i would never spend 500 dollars on a phone that cant be insured from who i brought it from i just want the album art like i phone please help thanks
Old 11-26-2007, 11:53 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

foryasoul is a n00b
So did anybody come up with a album art player
Old 11-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
pocket player shows album art and can be skinned to look like the iphone player
Old 11-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Lurker

joooeeee is a n00b
For me it's not about making my phone (Mogul now...hopefully Touch soon) look/act like an iPhone. I just feel like the iTunes interface and ease of use is better than anything else out there. Same thing goes with the browser. But email (which is the most important feature for me)? Go Outlook!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue