PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2007, 10:28 PM
N00b

mpancari is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Touch or Treo 800? To do or not to do?

As awesome and great the Touch is, it lacks the most important of necessities, a qwerty keyboard. The treo 800, combining a keyboard with all the beloved classic treo features is sure to be a hit. If the treo 800 has the same memory as the Touch and is as thin as the touch, then I just might give up the Touch. You see, like many others, I am on a hunt for the perfect phone. Right now, the Treo 800 looks almost that perfect and I could see myself with it for a long time as for many others as well. The treo800 seems so far away, but in the mean while I am going to love my Touch all I can!! Just imagine the touch with a slide out keyboard similiar to the mogul but still with the same thickness (or maybe a litttle bit more thicker), wouldn't that complete the phone?

What the next qwerty keyboard phone from HTC has to have is the flush screen of Touch and the simplicity of the Touch. Even at the expense of a few added millimeteres to the width, it would be a hit.

But consider that typing on a qwery keyboard like the moguls is just as easy as typing on a treo's keyboard. So, i'd prefer the one hand treo keyboard.

So, the ultimate question is who will be ditching the Touch for the treo 800? To do or not to do -- that is the question?
Old 11-10-2007, 10:31 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

mpancari is a n00b
Why are we never content with what we have? lol
Old 11-10-2007, 11:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Merovingian is becoming a great contributor
... because variety is the spice of life.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:35 AM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Yes - we're not happy because the perfect PDA phone has not yet been released.

For me the perfect PDA phone has:

- 128MB + Ram
- qwerty keyboard
- BT audio
- hardware GPS (NOT aGPS)
- thin, light
- VGA screen (640x480), viewable at all 4 off-axis angles
- 8MB+ SD HC slot

In my case, I have an agreement with Sprint to swap my Mogul for an 800w whenever it comes out. In the meantime, I'll use a Touch. (Yes, I fully realize neither the Touch nor 800w satisfy my criteria above. Life is all about compromises!) And if a device is ever released that satisfies my criteria above, I'm quite positive my criteria will have changed!)
Old 11-11-2007, 12:39 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
... because variety is the spice of life.
it is true that most of us aren't satisied with what we have, but i myself would take anything else besides a mogul... the only treo that separated the men from the boys is the 700wx (may not have 3G data speeds, but makes up for it with 45MB of program space)... the rest of palms devices have proven to be horrible unless the 800w comes along.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch, Touch Pro, BB8330

mandangalo is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mandangalo
Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
Yes - we're not happy because the perfect PDA phone has not yet been released.

- 128MB + Ram
- qwerty keyboard
- BT audio
- hardware GPS (NOT aGPS)
- thin, light
- VGA screen (640x480), viewable at all 4 off-axis angles
- 8MB+ SD HC slot

In my case, I have an agreement with Sprint to swap my Mogul for an 800w whenever it comes out. In the meantime, I'll use a Touch. (Yes, I fully realize neither the Touch nor 800w satisfy my criteria above. Life is all about compromises!) And if a device is ever released that satisfies my criteria above, I'm quite positive my criteria will have changed!)
How did said agreement come about? Just wondering...
Old 11-11-2007, 01:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

Merovingian is becoming a great contributor
I currently have a 700Wx that is just the best, but it's getting boring and the (if it ever comes) 800w is the next logical upgrade. I had the Mogul for a week before selling it because of puny RAM. I did like it a lot (especially the scroll wheel) but it always froze 'cause of memory issues.

Like the other dude, i'll get the Touch to satiate my new toy fever and if and when the next WinMobile Sprint Treo arrives, i can always sell it with my 700Wx and use the proceeds to upgrade.

I had been hedging on getting the Touch because when i played with it at a store, the stock keyboard was a horror but after seeing PocketCM, at least keyboard entry wouldn't be so bad afterall. Plus if it tires me, i'll just sell it.

Now what do i do with the brand new 4gb SDHC Ultra II in my 700Wx...sigh.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:03 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Quote:

- 8MB+ SD HC slot
yes, 8MB would be nice. Even better, 8GB SD

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Last edited by colonel; 11-11-2007 at 02:17 AM.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:32 AM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel View Post
yes, 8MB would be nice. Even better, 8GB SD
Yes - 8GB would be correct! Kentucky Knob Creek small batch bourbon said "8MB"!!
Old 11-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work
Quote:
- 8MB+ SD HC slot
When are people going to learn? SDHC = 32GB. Always and forever. Yes, that means that the Touch has a 32GB microSDHC card slot.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue