PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Lurker

lembowski is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
anyone tried this.....^
Old 11-08-2007, 02:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tour
Carrier: Sprint

nebula is keeping up the good worknebula is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to nebula Send a message via MSN to nebula Send a message via Yahoo to nebula
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydounvme21 View Post
This was a great work around for me as I love the palm threaded sms. I went a step further and created a "new sms" shortcut and assigned it to the camera button. when I'm in a chat thread I click that button and a new sms pops up. For some reason it bounces the cursor to the body of the sms so I type that first then tab up to the contact field. If you hit the center tab it'll pull up a recent sms contact list. Much quicker than typing out a name.

The nice thing is that once the sms is sent it closes the new window and ur back at your open thread with the new message you just typed already logged in there.

I also created a script that would run the new sms shortcut and pop up the keyboard automatically. The script only opens a new sms when I'm in the threaded messenger, otherwise it's my start button.

Attaching the two files here. You have to have mortscript installed if you want to use the script file. I put the script and new sms.lnk in "\windows\start menu\programs\mortscript". You should do the same unless you want to modify the script for your location.
Great job! Thanks!
Old 11-10-2007, 01:20 AM
N00b

unknown_g is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMcMichael View Post
Im not sure how hard this would be, but wouldnt it be easier to just adjust the formatting of the Threaded program that we have and have the Text box at the top and have the text sorted from newest at the top and oldest at the bottom. That should solve the problem we are having right?
I think this would be the very best option. I wonder if anyone can rewrite it so that it works this way. I personally wouldn't mind the most recent text be first and go the oldest on bottom.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:03 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Thing is most, if not everyone, stopped working on this app because Palm asked them to due to their intellectual property. That's the reason why any link to the app itself gets removed from PPCGeeks, because Palm contacted the site admin.

The only real changes made to it where 2 CABs by codyppc that removed some clutter for WM6 devices and gave you the option of getting the left soft key as SMS or as Messaging (e-mail inbox).

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 11-12-2007, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Katahdin is just getting started
Does anyone know how to clear out the recent sent list in the threaded app?
Old 11-12-2007, 09:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
Thing is most, if not everyone, stopped working on this app because Palm asked them to due to their intellectual property. That's the reason why any link to the app itself gets removed from PPCGeeks, because Palm contacted the site admin.

The only real changes made to it where 2 CABs by codyppc that removed some clutter for WM6 devices and gave you the option of getting the left soft key as SMS or as Messaging (e-mail inbox).
belive it or not but treocentral never got word from palm. that is where we developed it and where it has set for a long time (nov 2006). the issues with the touch keyboard is something that may never get resolved.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond(Victor)

360discgolf is keeping up the good work360discgolf is keeping up the good work
PocketCM Contacts does threaded SMS. It is a very nice little contact manager. I haven't tried it on my Touch yet, but it worked great on my Apache.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

lowpro3210 is becoming a great contributor
Chat-Like SMS Threader?~?

Hey, I got my Touch all decked out n what not, but would REALLY like a text-message app (sort of like the one for Mogul *had it b4 I upgraded to Touch; but can't remember the name*) that allows you to view your SMS messages like a chat box ....

I really hate having like 9 text messages from the same person show up 9 different times, instead in one little nice convenient box ... let me know if there is anything like this for the Touch; or if there is one for another phone that also works on the Touch .... thnx

Last edited by lowpro3210; 11-18-2007 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

psywzrd is a n00b
The threaded sms app that you used on the Mogul will work on the Touch - the only problem is that when you are replying to an sms, you can't see what you're typing because the onscreen keyboards cover up the text input box. I've been using the SPB Fullscreen Keyboard and it works great because it has it's own text input window. Basically all you do when you want to reply to an sms is bring up that keyboad (I have it mapped to a key), type out your message (you'll see what you're typing right in the window within the keyboard program), and then hit the key on the keyboard that closes the keyboard and populates what you typed right into the sms program. Then you just hit send as you normally would. That's the best workaround I've found for now until someone can either fix the sms app so the text input box is moved to the top of the screen (not likely) or someone finds a better threaded sms app.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

lowpro3210 is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
The threaded sms app that you used on the Mogul .....

The only problem is, I do not remember what the Threaded SMS app is called; do you mind helping me out; or even providing a link if possible?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue