PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2007, 08:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)
Carrier: Sprint

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The last couple of versions was a little funky, but the latest release 3.1.0.4 seems pretty stable. Last version would wipe things out on my page if I was to go foward and then back. Seems to be fixed now. I dont know if it was just a Touch issue becuase I didnt have that problem with my Mogul. Also, just a heads up, there is suppose to be an alpha release of the new wisbar advance desktop first week of december. It is suppose to support animated backgrounds and page animations. Very excited to check that out.

Last edited by eman; 11-21-2007 at 09:21 AM.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:05 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
The last couple of versions was a little funky, but the latest release 3.1.0.4 seems pretty stable. Also, just a heads up, there is suppose to be an alpha release of the new wisbar advance desktop first week os december. It is suppose to support animated backgrounds and page animations. Very excited to check that out.
That should be cool to check out. I am glad to here the newest version of WA2 is stable. The first couple of public betas were awesome. But then Chris caved to all the user request, which is where almost all of the bugs came from.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 11-21-2007, 09:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc sprint touch

Agfadoc is a n00b
Quote:
Heres Mine.....Thought I could do without WA3 and WAD on the Touch.....But they are just to good not to use....

How did you get WAD to show the HTC Today Plugin?

I have the 3104 WA3 and the latest WAD, but can't seem to stablize the WAD or include the HTC plugin within a page.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:28 AM
VIP Member

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang46L View Post
What program is that you have running at the bottom of your today screen? Haven't seen that before, looks nice. How is it on memory usage?
It is Wisbar advance as mentioned earlier. It allows you to pretty much do anything to your today screen. At the bottom is just some shortcut icons. You can use any icons and just move them around anywhere you want on your page when using wisbar advance. It also allows you to put your today plugins anywhere on the screen. It is not limited to one right under the other. You can choose the exact spot and line to put it. So you can make everything look nice and even.
As far as memory is concerned, who really cares with the touch. It is not really an issue. If what you meant to ask was regarding slowdown, I can say it has not slowed down my device at all.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:32 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agfadoc View Post
How did you get WAD to show the HTC Today Plugin?

I have the 3104 WA3 and the latest WAD, but can't seem to stablize the WAD or include the HTC plugin within a page.
You have to get the HTC Home customizer program. There is an option in there to unlock the plugin....Then it will be availabe in WAD. Just so you know, anytime you want to use the customizer to change something on your Home plugin, you must exit out of wad and then make the changes. If WAD is running it will not make any changes to your Home plugin. It will give you an error. So just exit out of WAD, made your changes with the customizer, then start it back up again.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc sprint touch

Agfadoc is a n00b
Thanks for the tip... I had been avoiding using WAD because of the HTC plugin, and to think I was already using HTC customizer and didn't see it. Thanks again!
Old 11-21-2007, 10:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

lowpro3210 is becoming a great contributor
here's a couple pics of mine....
Attached Files
File Type: zip phone pics.zip (218.8 KB, 316 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-21-2007, 12:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

batcatman is just getting started
Quote:
The last couple of versions was a little funky, but the latest release seems pretty stable. Last version would wipe things out on my page if I was to go foward and then back. Seems to be fixed now. I dont know if it was just a Touch issue becuase I didnt have that problem with my Mogul. Also, just a heads up, there is suppose to be an alpha release of the new wisbar advance desktop first week of december. It is suppose to support animated backgrounds and page animations. Very excited to check that out.
thanks eman, i wud try the 3.1.0.4 today. and animated backgrounds+page animations.wow.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:52 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatlocker View Post
Jesus. I just had a seizure looking at all of that.
It's not really that much stuff. It just looks like it. I ended up deciding that SPB Weather kinda sucks anyway, since it doesn't even tell you the current temperature, so I got rid of SPB Time, Weather, and Phone Suite, and replaced it all with the HTC Home plugin. I liked having the weather right on the front, though, but whatever.

I also got rid of the messages tab, since I also decided I don't like SPB Diary. The programs and settings tabs are just there so I never have to use the start menu...ever.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:12 PM
VIP Member

So WA3 version 3.1.0.4 starting bugging out so I removed it and am trying 3.1.0.2. Seems ok so far. Have it installed on 2 devices and dont see anything yet. With version 3.1.0.4 I had it working on one but then tried it on another and it didnt work right. Then my other one started to have weird issues. Will post back with version 3.1.0.2. But like I said, have it on 2 devices working well. Will post back on that.
I listed another option if people would like...It is called Quick Menu......it is like Wisbars start menu, which is really the best feature of WA3.....If anyone wants it you can get it here (must register to download):
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=134

Also, if you want a black theme you can get a tsk file from here. Download version 3 and it is in there......
http://lakeridgesoftware.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=12180

Here are pics minus WA3 and using Quick Menu......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic04.jpg (19.0 KB, 607 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg pic05.jpg (21.6 KB, 311 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg pic06.jpg (27.8 KB, 328 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by eman; 11-22-2007 at 10:56 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue