PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2007, 09:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700..6800..touch..diamond..pro
Carrier: sprint

adrian2pm is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
Wakes fine for me. You running third party stuff? I have found that SPB's products and Phonealarm have caused this on both the Mogul and the Apache... probably the same for the Touch.
im not using any of them
Old 11-17-2007, 10:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Procter is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
You sure? I created a Shortcut.INK (pointing to the .EXE file of the 'green' program) in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs and it showed to be selected on the HTC Today plugin.
What I did was to create a shortcut for that specific program and then move it to \Windows\Programs, didn't show up in the list, then I moved the shortcuts to \Program Files, where it seems like the default place for programs in main memory; didn't show up in the list either. All these were done in Total Commander.

Can you try create shortcuts and put them in the two directories to see if they can be loaded up in the HTC list? I'll try to put them in the directory you mentioned above.

Thanks.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Polen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Procter View Post
What I did was to create a shortcut for that specific program and then move it to \Windows\Programs, didn't show up in the list, then I moved the shortcuts to \Program Files, where it seems like the default place for programs in main memory; didn't show up in the list either. All these were done in Total Commander.

Can you try create shortcuts and put them in the two directories to see if they can be loaded up in the HTC list? I'll try to put them in the directory you mentioned above.

Thanks.
Put icons in Windows\Start Menu\Programs

-Polen
Vista Dialer for Sprint Touch
Vista Keyboard for Sprint Touch
Donations Welcome so my wife doesn't think I'm wasting my time.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: pre, diamond

kellybrf is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
3) Sprint TV now says I'm not authorized... yet it worked on my mogul... its offering me a subscription for 7.95 a month. I thought SERO had Sprint TV? It was cartoon network, which I'm certain I had on the Mogul...

5) Can't use the 12 or 20-key boards in Opera or Opera Mini. HUGE negative here. Anyone know a workaround for this?
I'm going to try those regedits and see if they work on the Touch. Those seemed to increase the battery life of my Mogul quite a lot.

I'm happy to say though that there is ZERO memory leak. After closing all my applications, I'm left with about 73MB free and its 74MB on a clean soft reset.
i didnt think sero included tv. the reason you may be having problems is that the touch officially supports sprinttv, whereas the mogul did not. i can use my 12 and 20 key sip with opera mini, though it does give me a midlet error sometimes. someone said to d/l the esmertec java and i havent had issues since. if you search 'esmertec jbed' you should find a post with a d/l

edit: check the opera mini thread for the jbed file

Last edited by kellybrf; 11-17-2007 at 11:56 AM.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Tanner_Boyle is a n00b
Quote:
Wakes fine for me. You running third party stuff? I have found that SPB's products and Phonealarm have caused this on both the Mogul and the Apache... probably the same for the Touch.
I haven't had any problems so far with Mobile Shell, SPB Phone and Weatherpanel installed on my Touch.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:01 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybrf View Post
i didnt think sero included tv. the reason you may be having problems is that the touch officially supports sprinttv, whereas the mogul did not. i can use my 12 and 20 key sip with opera mini, though it does give me a midlet error sometimes. someone said to d/l the esmertec java and i havent had issues since. if you search 'esmertec jbed' you should find a post with a d/l

edit: check the opera mini thread for the jbed file
That would be great except I rather like Opera Mobile for browsing over Opera Mini. Call it a preference, I guess.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: pre, diamond

kellybrf is becoming a great contributor
with opera mobile i cant tell you, since i dont use it. with opera mini ive had zero issues since installing jbed. even before that i could at least access both keypads, id just get a midlet error sometimes which i could ignore and keep going
Old 11-17-2007, 10:29 PM
Lurker

newtouchguy is a n00b
I am having an issue with my touch...everytime the battery gets low...every button that I push on the Touch does a soft reset.. is this a defect.. has this happened to anyone else.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:41 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Threadstarter

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Procter View Post

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polen View Post
Put icons in Windows\Start Menu\Programs

-Polen
It needs to be in the directory Polen said, under Start Menu. That's basically the point, that it will show if you navigate regularly to the Start Menu and the Programs, then the HTC plugin should see it

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 11-18-2007, 03:51 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybrf View Post
with opera mobile i cant tell you, since i dont use it. with opera mini ive had zero issues since installing jbed. even before that i could at least access both keypads, id just get a midlet error sometimes which i could ignore and keep going
Even with cloudfa's jbed, its still crashing. It outright froze my phone twice when trying to enter in a website. =/

I'll try the MDA's Intent manager if I still have it.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue