PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 12:07 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Plans for Manila 2.5 ROM??

HTC made a big progress on Manila2d:
-Flip clocks and today weather.
-Menu enhancements
-Notification enhancements
May be HTC will continue to develop.
I've seen thread to get looped animation in Manila2d weather tab (runs from SD).Works on Vogue without open_gl driver...
Old 01-04-2010, 10:24 AM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Manila is pretty good but the one thing that really irks me is that it needs better notification for text messages. It seems strange they remembered an icon for e-mail at the bottom but didn't either combine that with text and just call it messaging or create an icon dedicated for text. I get far too many notices about lost signal to look at the notification icon at the top to find out if it is a message about lost signal or a text message.

Of course if Sprint could get off their fV<#!#& asses and just order some CDMA HD2's I wouldn't have to keep checking this forum and I could hope that Vin and others were working on firmware upgrades for a newer phone I know Sprint will never offer a decent firmware for the HD2 if they did carry it but thanks to the kindness of strangers I'd be styling WM7 on the HD2 if Sprint ever did carry it.

Last edited by boe; 01-04-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:25 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks2005 View Post
I was curious if there were any plans on a new ROM with Manila 2.5 for the Vogue? I really like the look ,but haven't seen any for the Vogue. Also the calendar and SMS look great on some of the newer 6.5 with Manila 2.5.

not gonna happen. if you want it buy a better/newer phone. the vogue is becoming very outdated unless you go ahead and just flash android onto it.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:54 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

I bought a touch/Vogue when it was first released with alltel and I loved it, I still loved it when I upgraded to the Diamond a year ago.
The only reason I did upgrade is because development had all but stopped for it (At the time NFSFAN was the only one still really developing for it and vin hadnt started yet).

Point being, its a wonderful device but most serious developers have moved on to newer more advanced devices. So I wouldnt look for any major new developments for the Vogue.

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 01-04-2010, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VOGUE 6.5.3
Carrier: SPRINT

wooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to wooptiewoous

the vogue cant handle 2.5 thats why its not around.. and outdated phones are what these forums are all about not that the pixxy is outdated but far cry from wm and as well as palm pre are both ideas from the vogue and elf also recomend that you keep insurance on that pixxy cant handle the drop.wtg palm build on plastic hurry hurry.. as well as the replacment cost for insurance is now 100.00 not 50 on all ppc's and pda's... id much rather have a durable phone that iv droped over n over that has no hardware acceleration then.. bulky tp(2)far from worth 350 w/rebates they wish they didnt in march/ plastic palm w/crappy os/burn my pvts while in my pocket diamond(2)/unsuper hero/never buy mortorola droid dead on arival.. not starting a flaming match just my opinion... lets remember that wm7 has a need for 8gb built in storage to handle the os as well as a super chip like snapdragon or equivilet ya im a 10 grade dropout to work for food..so my spelling sucks beans..lol

long story short the best manila is the ported old version.. no needed fixes and can use the icons from 2.5 as well as footprints and doent use up the memory of the newer version from leo thats works on th e vogue

wm7 will most likly be like 2.5 for the vogue no phones available will handle the os to bad for those with the hurry and get it stuck with it now i have to work OT to get the new one .. ill save my dollars for the thousand ill spend on worth the wait...that is if its not scraped march will tell its outcome

MY VOGUE WILL ONLY SURRENDER TO THE SNAPDRAGON
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:10 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

+1 for wooptiewoous... Love my Vogue...
Old 01-04-2010, 10:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

wooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuffwooptiewoous knows their stuff

Question where is the more advanced in tp2.. still offered the same os 6.1 to me it reverted back to almost the old motorola remember the big black antenna sticking out of your pocket and i dont referance the flip out dialpad one.. well guess the tp2 can always save you in a fight like a black jack lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
I bought a touch/Vogue when it was first released with alltel and I loved it, I still loved it when I upgraded to the Diamond a year ago.
The only reason I did upgrade is because development had all but stopped for it (At the time NFSFAN was the only one still really developing for it and vin hadnt started yet).

Point being, its a wonderful device but most serious developers have moved on to newer more advanced devices. So I wouldnt look for any major new developments for the Vogue.
also a note most of those who have moved on will and are willing to share help direct to where to learn..and will teach those interested...

THANKS TO ALL

dharvey my first rom
nfsfan followed dharvey
so many more it would take the hole page to pg3
this fellowship of ppg xda from china to russia back to germany to usa throu hungry across the ocean throu the sea they devolop for you ,me and the we that will come to be

so also i get 1.2mb internet speeds on device and teathering serious question what does the tp2 get

Last edited by wooptiewoous; 01-04-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:29 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooptiewoous View Post
Question where is the more advanced in tp2.. still offered the same os 6.1 to me it reverted back to almost the old motorola remember the big black antenna sticking out of your pocket.. well guess the tp2 can always save you in a fight like a black jack lol
I liked the Vogue alot, it wasnt that I didnt. but I do like the bigger higher res screen, more RAM, hardware keyboard, louder clearer speaker phone, g-sensor, and continued development of the TP2 better.
but to each their own.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

[thanks yearn i remember you around the vogue and thanks for all youve done for the vogue as well....im just a babbler
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue