PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 12:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VZW6900
Carrier: Verizon

fawkstrot is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to fawkstrot
Re: -=02-16-09=- ALL CARRIERS - Simple & Stable M2D v9

WARNING VERIZON USERS!!!!!!!!!

This is NOT stable. I would recommend only using the words "stable" on something you have THOROUGHLY tested. This hasn't been. I have tried this from all 3 of my Vogues, all resulting in the same problems.

For Verizon users:

1. MMS is broken. You will not be able to send picture/video messages without further cab install. No cab installs from this point have been proven successful. This also ties in with the SMS being broken.

2. SMS is severely broken. Sounds initiate but the messaging portion never updates. This was tested across all 3 phones and the SMS simply not appearing, even after sound notification, and is prevalent on all 3 phones. This only appears to happen after a few messages have been received.

3. GPS stands the chance to get broken. I don't know of other users experiences but on all 3 phones my GPS broke. I tried with one of the phones previously flashed, one stock, and the other with slight modifications. GPS became broken on all 3 units.

Please be careful before calling these things "stable". People expect a certain level of performance with that label attached.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

jigaeman is a n00b

First, I would like to thank you on creating this ROM. I think it's very fast. After using it for few days, I have noticed that there are little bugs. I use my Sprint Vogue for personal and business use so I might have used some features which are not traditional.

Bugs:
1) Sometimes the Music Player starts to play songs after Alarm is snoozed or dismissed. I don't know if this is just a coincidence but it has happned few times to me. UPDATE: Apparently it also happens after ending a call. Just happened to me..It's funny !!

2) It is almost impossible to add a Company Contact if you are synchronized with a Microsoft Exchange server. For example, if you go to the Keypad and Click, Menu-> Company Directory, the iContact thing comes up. In this menu, it is easy to add a regular contact but there is no option to add a contact from Company Directory. May be I don't know how to do it yet but I don't think it works.

3) If you were to dial a number and use the speakerphone, the screen freezes up. I tried to use it to join a conference call, I had to do it multiple times because I couldn't go from speakerphone, dial the key to join a conference and mute myself. It kept freezing and I had to soft reset the device. Not good.

4) The DTMF tones are delayed. For example, if you are calling a 800 number and have to Press "1", "2", or such, there is a delay in response after the click. Almost a sec or two. This is a problem to the IVR system because by the time you click the number, it may be too late.

5) I recognzied this yesterday that the phone was draining the battery pretty fast. I discovered that the bluetooth was "ON". Currently the main screen does not show the bluetooth icon when it is "ON".

Again, I personally think that you have done a great job, specially the speedness in the software but I think there are some bugs. I just wanted to point them out because I am sure some people may get affected by it.

Last edited by jigaeman; 02-21-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero!!!
Carrier: Sprint

mconig78 is becoming a great contributor

I like the Rom very fast. the only issue I am having is if i do any type of editing with m2dc it will either not load or else the tabs wont show up at all. anyone else having this issue?
Old 02-25-2009, 10:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: f
Carrier: f
Threadstarter

cnr0616 is keeping up the good workcnr0616 is keeping up the good work

Hey douche bag, maybe you didn't read the disclaimer about this being a USCC rom and for other carriers to try at their own risk.

However if you were not such a douche bag I would suggest that you try and build your own ROM using the information I have listed with VZ, make it stable, and then post it on the forum to give back to the community.

I realize you are probably not capable and instead I suggest you stick a plunger in your toilet and sit on it, repeatedly until you have better manners. Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawkstrot View Post
WARNING VERIZON USERS!!!!!!!!!

This is NOT stable. I would recommend only using the words "stable" on something you have THOROUGHLY tested. This hasn't been. I have tried this from all 3 of my Vogues, all resulting in the same problems.

For Verizon users:

1. MMS is broken. You will not be able to send picture/video messages without further cab install. No cab installs from this point have been proven successful. This also ties in with the SMS being broken.

2. SMS is severely broken. Sounds initiate but the messaging portion never updates. This was tested across all 3 phones and the SMS simply not appearing, even after sound notification, and is prevalent on all 3 phones. This only appears to happen after a few messages have been received.

3. GPS stands the chance to get broken. I don't know of other users experiences but on all 3 phones my GPS broke. I tried with one of the phones previously flashed, one stock, and the other with slight modifications. GPS became broken on all 3 units.

Please be careful before calling these things "stable". People expect a certain level of performance with that label attached.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:13 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Thank you for a respectful reply. I will add these issues to the bug list.

I have noticed the music player myself, but a work around for that is to remove the music tab from the M2D dashboard. It's weird, but it works.

I don't use exchange and really have no idea how to help you on that one.

I have used speaker phone and have not had that issue, but I may not have done it in the same order. I will try to replicate your problem, and if I can try another dialer to see what the deal is.

I haven't notice the dealy in Tones but again will try and replicate your issue and see if another dialer fixes it.

I have not noticed the bluetooth issue. I tried to replicate that already and cannot seem to do so. Can you reply with the steps to replicate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigaeman View Post
First, I would like to thank you on creating this ROM. I think it's very fast. After using it for few days, I have noticed that there are little bugs. I use my Sprint Vogue for personal and business use so I might have used some features which are not traditional.

Bugs:
1) Sometimes the Music Player starts to play songs after Alarm is snoozed or dismissed. I don't know if this is just a coincidence but it has happned few times to me. UPDATE: Apparently it also happens after ending a call. Just happened to me..It's funny !!

2) It is almost impossible to add a Company Contact if you are synchronized with a Microsoft Exchange server. For example, if you go to the Keypad and Click, Menu-> Company Directory, the iContact thing comes up. In this menu, it is easy to add a regular contact but there is no option to add a contact from Company Directory. May be I don't know how to do it yet but I don't think it works.

3) If you were to dial a number and use the speakerphone, the screen freezes up. I tried to use it to join a conference call, I had to do it multiple times because I couldn't go from speakerphone, dial the key to join a conference and mute myself. It kept freezing and I had to soft reset the device. Not good.

4) The DTMF tones are delayed. For example, if you are calling a 800 number and have to Press "1", "2", or such, there is a delay in response after the click. Almost a sec or two. This is a problem to the IVR system because by the time you click the number, it may be too late.

5) I recognzied this yesterday that the phone was draining the battery pretty fast. I discovered that the bluetooth was "ON". Currently the main screen does not show the bluetooth icon when it is "ON".

Again, I personally think that you have done a great job, specially the speedness in the software but I think there are some bugs. I just wanted to point them out because I am sure some people may get affected by it.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Lurker

josb0513 is a n00b

ahahahahahaha. Nice one man. this was damn funny.
We really do need to appreciate your hard work and contributions.
Without the people like you, I would have been stuck with bell stock rom biatchin 24/7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnr0616 View Post
Hey douche bag, maybe you didn't read the disclaimer about this being a USCC rom and for other carriers to try at their own risk.

However if you were not such a douche bag I would suggest that you try and build your own ROM using the information I have listed with VZ, make it stable, and then post it on the forum to give back to the community.

I realize you are probably not capable and instead I suggest you stick a plunger in your toilet and sit on it, repeatedly until you have better manners. Enjoy!
Old 02-25-2009, 06:03 PM
Lurker

josb0513 is a n00b

Anyhow, came by to check on others battery life span on this rom.
It's been pretty good for me, drains about 40% daily (text messaing, 10-20min worth of calls, browing for about 30 min aday).
How's everyone elses?
Old 02-25-2009, 06:10 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by josb0513 View Post
Anyhow, came by to check on others battery life span on this rom.
It's been pretty good for me, drains about 40% daily (text messaing, 10-20min worth of calls, browing for about 30 min aday).
How's everyone elses?
I use about 20-30% of battery per day, with 30min of calls, and no browsing (1X data rate sucks).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

fgloryofgod23 is a n00b

Aswome rom, just like the title says, fast and stable!.
One thing though, is there a way to change the clock? I would like to have the clock with the big numbers like diamond oem rom xD.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Alltel

Nathan_Barstow14 is a n00b

I can't download any of the ROM's. I get errors saying all the links are broken?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development