PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 10:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

SpoiledK is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue WM6.1 build 20924 kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
Well I'm not using the SYS anymore, but I'll list from what I remember off the top of my head

- Texting Messaging issue (It's still there)
- Caused my phone to constantly lock up
- Smart Dialing wasn't working with this build (Has been issues previously)
- A few, and I mean a few like 2 or 3, of my OEMs were not compatible with this Build (Did not work, and I remember only one which was Voice Command....it may have been me though)

If I remember more I will update, but that is it for now....I do remember all of these but Texting working in 755

Text Messaging was the deal break for me with the last two releases... but this one seem to be working fine... the keyboard comes up as it should and the count is resetting correctly on the today screen...
Old 11-12-2008, 11:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledK View Post
Text Messaging was the deal break for me with the last two releases... but this one seem to be working fine... the keyboard comes up as it should and the count is resetting correctly on the today screen...
when I tested it....it didn't, but like I said I don't have it on my phone atm....
Old 11-12-2008, 11:22 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsfeller View Post
been over a year since anyone commented on here? Just retired my brick (6700) and now have a 6900. very concerned about this flash to 6.1 due to lack of comments!

also when I did a hard reset (factory install options) i lose all my activation and had to take it to the store. they couldn't get the A key to take! gave me another phone.

Is it a fact that after burning 6.1 othes have lost their ability to connect to verizons network and must call support for a new A key? never had this issue with the 6700 but am reading poor information on the 6900.

shawn
lol, that's posted all over the place here. Everyone that I know that flashes verizon, you gotta call and have it re-verizoniz'd.

Quote:
Well I'm not using the SYS anymore, but I'll list from what I remember off the top of my head

- A few, and I mean a few like 2 or 3, of my OEMs were not compatible with this Build (Did not work, and I remember only one which was Voice Command....it may have been me though)

If I remember more I will update, but that is it for now....I do remember all of these but Texting working in 755
Quote:
when I tested it....it didn't, but like I said I don't have it on my phone atm....
Got any specifics? You gotta give the man a chance to fix it. I'm sure he will need some details, at least a selections.txt file. I've flashed my M2D package this morning with this, (which is pretty much a clean rom except for the 400+ graphics files) and it ran fine all day.

No issues for me yet. Well, except that I wasted 10 minutes this morning while the updater dished me up an update for my existing ppk_oem...I'll just grab it again.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:43 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Well, except that I wasted 10 minutes this morning while the updater dished me up an update for my existing ppk_oem...I'll just grab it again.
Not wasted time unless you downloaded it manually originally.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:47 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

I updated the three OEM packages this morning with updater, and this evening they are all available for an update again tonight...
Old 11-12-2008, 11:55 PM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:

Can't vouch for any of your oems being compatible - that's always a roll of the dice with any rom upgrade.

It sounds like you built with something that was disagreable, not that the base is bad. 3 of your 4 issues are definitely localized to your particular build, and the 4th, smartdialing, may also be. If you got your update via updater, get the latest oem update it is serving up (was serving an old one before - that may be the source of some of your issues).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:56 PM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

Quote:
I updated the three OEM packages this morning with updater, and this evening they are all available for an update again tonight...
Better late than never
Old 11-13-2008, 12:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

rsfeller is a n00b

Quote:
lol, that's posted all over the place here. Everyone that I know that flashes verizon, you gotta call and have it re-verizoniz'd.
Love that term! Glad to know that re-verizoniz'd is going to be required, helps me figure out my needs. I tend to cook in the kitchen late in the evening but I know their support is offline then!

I wonder why it's (re-verizoniz'd) is required on one phone and not another...)

What is the specific "concern" with txt messaging? It's one of the reasons I want wm6.1 back with threaded txting, better MMS and contact look-ups.

RSF
Old 11-13-2008, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

rsfeller is a n00b

Now I understand why there is not much Verizon interest here with have to get a new A key each time.

Has anyone burned a new ROM w/o having to call Verizon?

I know to get some of my ROMs just right I've had to flash 3-4 times. I'm not calling those clowns 3-4 times each time a flash does't work out!

Thoughts?
Old 11-13-2008, 12:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Money-theiving VZW

xd1936 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to xd1936

Once you upgrade your radio the first time, you must call Verizon. After, you do not. I have flashed upwards in the double digits and I called VZW the first time, they fixed it after 10 seconds of being in the call. You all are overthinking the AKey stuff...

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development