PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Banned User

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NEW official Sprint ROM posted on XDA-dev by DCD

just to let you guys know that the rom on this fourm is not official it is a beta rom... so i down graded to the rom from the ftp server the orginal rom....
Old 07-01-2008, 12:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

mithodge is becoming a great contributor

The new call waiting notification seems to be a bit nagging... anyone know how to change it back the way it was so it doesn't beep 15 times in a row when another call comes in?
Old 07-01-2008, 12:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

whaddupdoe is a n00b

Anybody having any issues with the phone coming out of silent mode all by it self? My phone has done this several times after the update, any suggestions?
Old 07-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

thekafka is a n00b

hey i have a question. im about to install the rom and it says it will replace
3.35.651.2 to 3.03.651.2

isnt that a downgrade?
Old 07-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Banned User

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor

1 thing i dont like about the design is that it is too easy to hit the windows key while holding and using the key...
Old 07-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

asicliu is a n00b

Do I need to unlock it first to get GPS? Or just burning this Rom I will get GPS?
Old 07-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzuchowski View Post
why do people care so much about gps on their phone? What about privacy issues? The government and sprint can track us at all times even when the battery is removed because their is a button battery that keeps those functions powered along with the time and date also. I say until sprint replaces gps with a public transit gps where it tracks public transit so you know when the next bus is and when it is due, then i will get all warm and fuzzy and make sweet sweet gps to my phone....
They have that already, works great it it's called Transit Tracker, let's me know how many minutes away my train or bus is.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH DIAMOND, Hero on way
Carrier: SPRINT

DREXLERMAC is a n00b

The Search Engine Won't Find This For Me.
How Can You Tell If You Are Getting Evdo Rev A Speeds Following The Rom Update . My Gps Works Terrifically , But My Speed Checks Are About The Same As Before In Comparable Locations.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

thekafka is a n00b

i hope someone can help me with this. i installed the upgraded rom, and things went ok. the software version was updated to the 3.56 and the firm ware updated to 3.42
but, i backed up my programs and files with spb back up. it warned me that it was done with a previous os and that i shouldnt continue but i did, because i saw someone else do it and they said it was fine. i then reloaded the files and when the phone reset all of a sudden. in my text messages one popped up saying that my account is locked and that "comapny policy prohibits the use of text messages and internet emial on this device" i checked the software version and it said 3.35 but the firmware was still 3.42,
does anyone know what happened and can anyone help me find a solution to get my text messages back?
Old 07-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

whaddupdoe is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekafka View Post
i hope someone can help me with this. i installed the upgraded rom, and things went ok. the software version was updated to the 3.56 and the firm ware updated to 3.42
but, i backed up my programs and files with spb back up. it warned me that it was done with a previous os and that i shouldnt continue but i did, because i saw someone else do it and they said it was fine. i then reloaded the files and when the phone reset all of a sudden. in my text messages one popped up saying that my account is locked and that "comapny policy prohibits the use of text messages and internet emial on this device" i checked the software version and it said 3.35 but the firmware was still 3.42,
does anyone know what happened and can anyone help me find a solution to get my text messages back?
when i used spb back up, it remove sprint nav a few other programs from my phone and i couldnt view any of my text messages when i clicked on the screen, it would just give a blank display. I just flashed my phone again for the third! time and just gave up with the spb back up and used my outlook.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development