PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2008, 04:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

brainrepairer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NEW official Sprint ROM posted on XDA-dev by DCD

I've noticed that after using Live Search or Sprint Navigator and then closing the programs, when I reopen them I sometimes have problems getting a lock again. A soft reset seems to resolve this because upon starting the programs again I can quickly get a lock.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Banned User

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor

me madder then a stump getting dumped on... why no new rom? and will it come with sprinkles? he he he hehehehehe
Old 07-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

calvinko is a n00b

I am on a Vista and I used the "put nbh on the SD Memory" method to update because I couldn't update with the .exe method. GPS still doesn't work. Am I doing anything wrong? Any help will be great.. Thankx
Old 07-01-2008, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

pr0ject is a n00b

this new rom rocks i get a lock darn fast... sometimes i have to reboot to get a lock after i had a lock as some have mentioned but once it reboots I get a lock darn fast. I'd say 15 seconds or so? MOSTLY LESS!... is there a kitchen for this rom yet? I don't like the stock setup
Old 07-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch

bigbradbad is a n00b

Just in case anyone uses the "Animate Menus" option in MemMaid, it doesn't work with the new ROM, I did 3 hard resets today thinking it was Opera 9.5. If you use it, the Start menu goes black and the phone freezes.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Lurker

ibpea is a n00b

I too am having issues when going into ROAM areas...How do i upgrade my PRL?

I am also having a problem with my SD card. I no longer can see it via file explorer or any other program...any ideas
Old 07-01-2008, 09:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0ject View Post
this new rom rocks i get a lock darn fast... sometimes i have to reboot to get a lock after i had a lock as some have mentioned but once it reboots I get a lock darn fast. I'd say 15 seconds or so? MOSTLY LESS!... is there a kitchen for this rom yet? I don't like the stock setup
Are you skipping customizations? Mine did this when I didn't run PPST.exe

now it runs perfect... I've gone days without soft-resetting now, and it still works in less than 15 seconds, every time...

--unless I power it off in the middle of using GPS, then 99% of the time, I completely lose GPS, until I soft-reset...
Old 07-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Finally

timdawgdentist is becoming a great contributor

I have the unlimited data tether do i need to change anything with the internet sharing?

Thanks in advance.

timdawg
Old 07-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: blackberry curve 8330

joshuadb20 is a n00b

I would like to know if anyone else is having the same problem. It seems like my cell signal has dropped a bit since the update. I was over at my sisters house and the signal there is usually low but this last time after the update it was going from 1 bar to roam the whole time I was there. and sig at home has dropped a bar or so. Also when the phone goes into roam it turns on the screen and Im wondering if there is a way to make the screen Not turn on?
Old 07-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

drl123 is just getting started
Exclamation Re: NEW official Sprint ROM posted on XDA-dev by DCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
turn off roam then
I had the same problem with both my phone and my wife's after the leaked ROM upgrade. Sometimes I would get a message saying Welcome to America's Roaming Network and sometimes Verizon would tell me my phone was not able to be authenticated. I called Sprint's Advanced Tech Support (ask for 'Aircard' when dialing the CS number) and he had to make changes on the network side to allow me to roam, but we had to switch the phone into Roam Only for him to see which towers were not allowing it (or so he said). It had to be exhibiting the problem at the time (which means you have to call them from a land-line). Whatever he did, it worked and we verified by switching to Sprint Only, Roam Only and Automatic where I could catch both Sprint and Verizon's signals. Both phones have been fine ever since, even after the newest radio upgrade. He warned me that the problem could come back if I traveled to a different area.

On another forum, I have read that you need to have them reset the HLR and reprogram the phone. He didn't reprogram my phone at all and he said that the Home Location Register wouldn't solve this. The problem is actually on Verizon's end (or so he claimed). I've seen that lots of Verizon customers are having to call CS and have their phone re-authenticated after a hard-reset, so perhaps he was telling the truth. (I think I found a post about that on XDA).

PS...he actually referred me to PPCGeeks for helpful hints on common problems! Little did he know that I've been a kitchen user since the early days of the Apache!

PPS...He also claimed that a new upgrade was coming in a few days that would fix the standby missing calls bug, so hopefuly the new official ROM will finally fix it. I have been using S2U2 and setting it to 'blank screen only' as a work around...not as battery friendly, but at least I get my calls!

Anyway, call CS and make sure you get to Advanced Tech Support. The regular folks don't have a clue when it comes to the WM phones.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development