PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Vetvito's Sexier Windows Mobile 6.1.1 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=27379)

varunb007 06-07-2008 01:02 AM

Re: Vetvito's Sexier Windows Mobile 6.1.1

i was having lots of problems with jd's rom so i gave your's a shot and its been working great the last day or two. thanks!

SL. 06-07-2008 01:54 AM

switching to this ROM as the previous ROM i've been using has been giving me lots of problems (internet hangups, no caller ID, freezing, error msgs).

noloyalty 06-07-2008 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xcopmanx (Post 304413)
If you have issues with the keyboard, just install another keyboard CAB, like the diamond cab. Worked for me. Try that. :)

Are you insane? What's the point of a Touch ROM which breaks the keyboard? And it's been like 5 revisions, and the author is not fixing it? This one sucks, folks.

stylz3 06-07-2008 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noloyalty (Post 307649)
Are you insane? What's the point of a Touch ROM which breaks the keyboard? And it's been like 5 revisions, and the author is not fixing it? This one sucks, folks.

get a grip! Then don't use it! it's an easy fix at least there's a work around. Besides that this is probably the best ROM around. If you have flashed as much as any of us have you would figure there is no perfect ROM, even the offical carrier ROMs got issuses.

ssolomon 06-07-2008 10:36 AM

Forgive my ignorance, but how would you use the kitchen to flash the ROM? I am used to just using the ROM update utility with an already completed ROM. Again, sorry for the n00b question.

noloyalty 06-07-2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stylz3 (Post 307657)
get a grip! Then don't use it! it's an easy fix at least there's a work around. Besides that this is probably the best ROM around.

Well, the keyboard and the top indicator icon screwups, where you can't change volume, check voicemail, etc. And then the stylistic choice of not having Calendar available as a soft button.

So as long as you don't need to type anything, or change volume, this ROM is golden, I agree.

SBR_L3GION 06-07-2008 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noloyalty (Post 307671)
Well, the keyboard and the top indicator icon screwups, where you can't change volume, check voicemail, etc. And then the stylistic choice of not having Calendar available as a soft button.

So as long as you don't need to type anything, or change volume, this ROM is golden, I agree.

dude unless your here with solutions to all the problems then quite arguing its stupid really this thread is about vetvitos ROM not you and somebody having a little fit. its not right to insult somebodys work when you by no means can do it yourself. lets get this thread back on topic.

SBR_L3GION 06-07-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssolomon (Post 307663)
Forgive my ignorance, but how would you use the kitchen to flash the ROM? I am used to just using the ROM update utility with an already completed ROM. Again, sorry for the n00b question.

you use the utiliies provided in the Kitchen to select your program selections and such then you when you finish selecting your programs you do the necessary steps to finish building the rom and it puts the ROM the RUU folder within the kitchen and you flash usual from there. i would have listed the steps but i have not had a chance to look at his kitchen to see what tools he is using. please pm me or post here for vetvito to help you further.

SL. 06-07-2008 11:02 AM

although i must say that the volume settings usability and style leave a lot to be desired, they work for me.

something i noticed, if you have Sprint e-mail loaded, and the Sprint icon pops up on the taskbar when new mail arrives, you're unable to click on it and dismiss the icon. something minor, i guess.

still loving the ROM so far, especially the truly customized icons, etc.

SBR_L3GION 06-07-2008 03:58 PM

since people are asking questions about the kitchen here are the instructions.

first off go here and download the ppcgeeks OEMs.rar

http://ppckitchen.org/downloads/

after you have downloaded it it extract it to the OEM folder in vetvitos kitchen. after you have done this run BuildNB.bat select the programs you want to put in your ROM then click the play button in the top left corner. after it is done exit out of build os and command prompt will build your ROM and when it finishes it will prompt you to run the ROM Update Utility and from there you can flash the rom.

i didnt see any rom instructions so i thought i would post some for the newbs to kitchens hope you dont mind vetvito.