PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2008, 04:45 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to Customize a Custom Rom: Adding/Removing Programs

There are two places. The one is set in a file mxipupdate_zzPIED_100.provxml (search the ..\kitchen\OEM directory), shows up in the startmenu-settings-system-deviceinformation.. And when you flash, it's in the ..\kitchen\tools directory. I don't remember the name, but it's one of the few text (vogueimg.txt???) files in there. That's all from memory so I'm not 100% sure on the names...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
There are two places. The one is set in a file mxipupdate_zzPIED_100.provxml (search the ..\kitchen\OEM directory), shows up in the startmenu-settings-system-deviceinformation.. And when you flash, it's in the ..\kitchen\tools directory. I don't remember the name, but it's one of the few text (vogueimg.txt???) files in there. That's all from memory so I'm not 100% sure on the names...
I see in the stock VZW ROM that there are inclusions like Cyberon Voice. How can I delete these things I dont want in the ROM? Its not like they had folders created.

Steve
Old 11-15-2008, 07:49 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

An easy way? The way to cheat is copy the cyberianvoice OEM from PPCKitchen_OEM.rar into the ..\kitchen\OEM folder, build your rom deleting the dup's out of OEMAPPS, then delete the cyberian voice OEM...
Old 11-15-2008, 10:09 PM
VIP Member

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
An easy way? The way to cheat is copy the cyberianvoice OEM from PPCKitchen_OEM.rar into the ..\kitchen\OEM folder, build your rom deleting the dup's out of OEMAPPS, then delete the cyberian voice OEM...
Any reason why BuildOS should be blowing up now? I was able to build a couple of ROMs, but now it just errors out.

Steve

Last edited by spetrillo; 12-22-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:34 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
Any reason why BuildOS should be blowing up now? I was able to build a couple of ROMs, but now it just errors out.

Steve
When you first open it, you'll get an error for an improperly formated option.xml. And when building if you have an OEM inside an OEM are the two that I run across on occassion.

Here is the buildos support thread....
New BuildOS - Report Bugs Here
...and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa
ALL VERSIONS PRIOR TO 08/25/08 RELEASE ARE NO LONGER SUPPORTED.
If you are using an older release, you should upgrade to the 08/25/08 kitchen.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:16 PM
VIP Member

New Issue

Ok so how do you deal with two OEMs that you are trying to add and each OEM has a file that is named identically. Do you rename one?

Steve
Old 11-19-2008, 11:05 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Delete one of them. Usually you would delete the one out of OEMAPPS, since the OEM's usually have the newer version...
Old 11-19-2008, 01:04 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Delete one of them. Usually you would delete the one out of OEMAPPS, since the OEM's usually have the newer version...
But what if its two entirely different apps? In my case Resco 2008 and Task Manager use a file called Settings.png. They are both different images.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:21 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
But what if its two entirely different apps? In my case Resco 2008 and Task Manager use a file called Settings.png. They are both different images.
Then you have to rename the file to say 001-settings.png and also you'll need to manipulate the file inside the initflashfiles.txt to move it where it needs to be. I think in my rom tutorial's, the one on adding personal files and other stuff, I've got a sniplet on the initflashfiles.txt and how to use it....
Old 11-20-2008, 11:07 PM
VIP Member

More Questions - Hope You Have Answers

I will say this over and over again as I embark on this ROM journey....thanks very much for being so open with the information you have provided and will provide. Alot of people wouldnt be so accomodating but I sincerely appreciate it all!

Now onto the questions. I took a step back in my quest for a Steve ROM using the leaked VZW ROM as my base. I noticed that alot of my OEMS just dumped right into the \Windows directory, and I want to have a much cleaner ROM than that. So I have gone back to the beginning and will be taking one OEM at a time and determining where it should be installed to, and then making the corresponding changes to reg and all. This is going to be a long process I know, but in the end the clutter in the \Windows directory will be minimized.

So on that note have you had a reason to want to copy the entire directory structure off of a device to your PC, and if so what tool have you used to do this. I hate having to browse through the device directory on the device. I have much better tools on my PC to do this and would rather dump it there for any manipulation.

Second I noticed a directory in the OEM directory of my VZW dump. Its called OEM_Lang_0409. I have come across several OEMs, like VC, which have OEMS that fit into this category. Would it be safe to say that anything like this should be in this directory rather than outside of it?

Onward and upward...thanks!

Steve
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development