PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2008, 09:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

calisoldier83 is keeping up the good workcalisoldier83 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Updated GPS Drivers (Possible Fix For Standby Issues)

the pri update is so sweet! was able to lock inside my appartment in 10seconds.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Verizon

Boss428man is a n00b

Here is a total nube question but i've just been so busy latley to read all the threads but Anyway, Can you install the GPS drivers / dll's without updating the rom? I currently have a Xv6900 and am interested in getting the GPS to work. If anyone has any suggestions of where to find the info or an answer it would be aprechiated. Thanks
Old 05-25-2008, 05:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900 / Vogue

vilord is just getting started

No you have to update the rom.
There's a lot of threads for the rest of us to read too, but we all managed

For a short version, just head over to OMJ's rom thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25335 and make sure to follow the three steps at the top.

* You have to install the ImCokeMan unlocker 2.31 first or you will break your phone.
* You have to skip customizations when running the leaked rom or you will break your phone.
* You should then install the OMJ verizon rom from part way down the post to get other stuff working, and avoid problems when you hard reset and forget to skip customizations.

For a detailed guide check out: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24979
You can skip the part about downloading the verizon carrier rom, because there isn't one... but follow ALL the other instructions.

For step 12, I would suggest OMJ's verizon rom, from the "short version" thread.

Good luck!
Old 05-28-2008, 02:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

darufryda5 is just getting started

ok so i installed the new quickstart with the new drivers..do a soft reset ... i turn on google maps and it says that no gps device can be found?? what am i doing wrong?
Old 05-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6900

summerblink is a n00b

okay . . . i have an xv6900 and i was previously able to get my GPS located on com4, but never got a lock . . . so i tried these drivers and tells me there's now GPS located at all! what the deuce? i've done all the roms and i'm using the OMJ 6.1 . . . any suggestions?
Old 05-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6900

summerblink is a n00b

i mucked about and ended up getting com4 to show up again in GPS Viewer . . . it's running all these scans but still not getting a fix. why can't i get, just one fix?
Old 06-04-2008, 10:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900

sanderz6900 is a n00b

how do you check your PRI? also, can verizon users do the PRI update?

thanks
Old 06-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Lurker

helloall is a n00b

many thanks.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx6900

arianhojat is just getting started

I had more success with Ghetto's ROM so Im using that currently, JDs HybridROM was good too but it gave me some stability problems later on, and OMJs was stable and got locks at first but then didnt for many days. I would try those favorates of mine.
Btw GPSViewer 'freezes' when it gets a lock in pretty much all the newer ROMS i tried. So when the 'Time:' value is stuck (seconds value for time isnt changing anymore), I switch tabs to Setup and GPS Status, that is when you get a lock. Man would be nice so that when it gets a lock, it notifies you with sound like GPS Speed Sentry does.

Still havent found the kind of fast locks Sprint users get, and still have certain times where it just doesnt lock at all.
Sometimes i softreset, or turn off and take battery out as some say works, not sure it does, but i try it anyway. i thought maybe Verizon's Windows/EPST.exe was what to Verizon users is to sprint user's PPST. entered password 000000 and Edit, and just closed it. Asked to reset device. And maybe get better locks now? haha i dont even think it has ANYTHING to do with PPST now that i think about it lol. But eh seems like gets good locks occasionally now. sometimes not.

Last edited by arianhojat; 06-21-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6900

krzykrl is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to krzykrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by arianhojat View Post
I had more success with Ghetto's ROM so Im using that currently, JDs HybridROM was good too but it gave me some stability problems later on, and OMJs was stable and got locks at first but then didnt for many days. I would try those favorates of mine.
Btw GPSViewer 'freezes' when it gets a lock in pretty much all the newer ROMS i tried. So when the 'Time:' value is stuck (seconds value for time isnt changing anymore), I switch tabs to Setup and GPS Status, that is when you get a lock. Man would be nice so that when it gets a lock, it notifies you with sound like GPS Speed Sentry does.

Still havent found the kind of fast locks Sprint users get, and still have certain times where it just doesnt lock at all.
Sometimes i softreset, or turn off and take battery out as some say works, not sure it does, but i try it anyway. i thought maybe Verizon's Windows/EPST.exe was what to Verizon users is to sprint user's PPST. entered password 000000 and Edit, and just closed it. Asked to reset device. And maybe get better locks now? haha i dont even think it has ANYTHING to do with PPST now that i think about it lol. But eh seems like gets good locks occasionally now. sometimes not.

pretty much the same things i'm experiencing with OMJ's Cutsom Verizon rom.

get locks sometimes (really quick too) then when standby and cannot get anything it is quite strange. soft reset works sometimes to restart the GPS, but not always..

my conclusion is when it works, it works good.. but other times just keeps searching and searching...

really would like to find a solid fix for verizon users. but until now just keep trying things.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development