PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2008, 01:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Cricket Mogul PPC 6800
Carrier: cricket

crwinger is keeping up the good workcrwinger is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: JD's Roms

awesome thanks a ton!
Old 07-30-2008, 08:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VzW 6900
Carrier: vzw

640k is just getting started

Hey JD, I've been beating the crap out of your ROMs and I wanted to report back with some of my findings. I know that you have moved on to other versions, etc., but these are experiences that people who regularly flash may not get the opportunity to experience.

HybridV-7.6.4.08.rar was a disaster for me. I had random issues with varying HTC apps and I couldn't get alot of the apps to do what they were supposed to. I grew increasingly frustrated and ended up going with other cooked ROMs.

HybridV-8.6.17.08 was better but only after I had access to some of the CABs that were removed from the stock ROM to help make the experience a little better. Still, the ROM seemed to lock up with heavy use and I had to hard reset several times.

7-10-08.a.rar - much better. It is the ROM I am currently on. I have it loaded to the max with HTC apps, games and utilities. But I have been having some random problems lately where the phone will seemingly answer a call on its own or will occasionally lock up when either on a call or when one comes in, making it impossible to either answer or hang up the call. I also cannot open email attachments or open YouTube content like I could in the previous ROM.

I'm hesitant to move forward to the next ROM because I haven't seen any of my problems addressed in this thread. Has anyone else experienced some of the same issues?
Old 07-30-2008, 11:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO, 2x TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rose1

I'm not trying to be funny here but I just wanted to know what is so special about this rom? It appears to be very fast but that's because it's really a bare bone rom. There are hardly any apps in this. Why would someone use this rom over, lets say, an OMJ rom?
Old 07-30-2008, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO & EPIC
Carrier: Sprint

asenduk is keeping up the good workasenduk is keeping up the good work

i myself prefer it this way so i can install all my programs (21 cab files) to my storage card (8gb). this way i save more memory for the phone. my phone is much faster this way. if i could, i would even rip out PIE, Internet Sharing, Calendar, Calculator, Windows Media, Contacts and everyting else, since i use other programs to replace those.

Last edited by asenduk; 07-30-2008 at 12:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jeiyuu is keeping up the good workjeiyuu is keeping up the good work

640k, I have been a solid JD follower and have used all of these roms as well.. Here is my input so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 640k View Post
HybridV-7.6.4.08.rar was a disaster for me. I had random issues with varying HTC apps and I couldn't get alot of the apps to do what they were supposed to. I grew increasingly frustrated and ended up going with other cooked ROMs.
I also had alot of freeze-up problems with this hybrid rom, and ended up reverting back to HybridV-6.6.2.08.

Quote:
HybridV-8.6.17.08 was better but only after I had access to some of the CABs that were removed from the stock ROM to help make the experience a little better. Still, the ROM seemed to lock up with heavy use and I had to hard reset several times.
I skipped this version and went straight to HybridFinal6.23.08.

Quote:
7-10-08.a.rar - much better. It is the ROM I am currently on. I have it loaded to the max with HTC apps, games and utilities. But I have been having some random problems lately where the phone will seemingly answer a call on its own or will occasionally lock up when either on a call or when one comes in, making it impossible to either answer or hang up the call. I also cannot open email attachments or open YouTube content like I could in the previous ROM.
This rom worked great for me.. One thing I do want to mention, is that I am on the Sprint network, and since 7-10-08a, I have upgraded to 7-25-08.

Since you have had a much better experience with the 7-10 verses the hybrids, I want to think that the freeze-ups could be related to the software installed after the flash. Also, as standard practice, you want to make sure you hard-reset the phone each time the flash is complete. I know that you probably already do this, but it doesn't hurt to say it again, as it is crutial to the performance of the roms.

Side note, I am looking for the HTC home that was removed from the Official Sprint rom.. I have noticed that, in my testing, HTC Home 2.1 is the main cause of my freeze-ups.

If I helped you in any way, be sure to say
Old 07-30-2008, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Incredible
Carrier: Sprint Sero Baby!!!

gedster314 is keeping up the good workgedster314 is keeping up the good work

Even if I had an Iphone I'ld probably want cr*p stripped out. When I buy a new computer, I reformat and only install what I want. I guess you can blame Dell for my compulsion. I bought a laptop from them it would regularly lock up and crash. I reformated and just install a clean OS and the Dell drivers and the machine was stable, it was the bloat and extorsion ware that was causing all the issues.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VzW 6900
Carrier: vzw

640k is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeiyuu View Post
Side note, I am looking for the HTC home that was removed from the Official Sprint rom.. I have noticed that, in my testing, HTC Home 2.1 is the main cause of my freeze-ups.
I've been letting HHC download the HTC Home for me. My freeze ups only really seem to occur with calls.

I think Dope Wars and cAspiro's (?) XM radio app have some interesting incompatibilities with JD's ROMs. They work, but funny things happen after using them.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:37 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me
Threadstarter

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
I've been letting HHC download the HTC Home for me. My freeze ups only really seem to occur with calls.

I think Dope Wars and cAspiro's (?) XM radio app have some interesting incompatibilities with JD's ROMs. They work, but funny things happen after using them.
what it sounds like you're having is radio issues .... and I know that htc home and customizer crashes ... but the lock ups with calls that is not part of the rom ... more a radio vs rom thing what radio are you using ... and also install your apps one at a time to see which one is causing lock ups .... Most "chefs" disable error reporting and cannot see whats goin on in my latest roms I left it alone to see what happens ....
Old 07-31-2008, 01:40 PM
The Trend Setter
Threadstarter

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:

also see how much memory is available when a lock up happens ... I have this theory that the touch may have more memory than a mogul but is not using it properly on my stock rom I would get a freeze somewhere at 47mb of memory left .......
Old 07-31-2008, 01:43 PM
The Trend Setter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
I'm not trying to be funny here but I just wanted to know what is so special about this rom? It appears to be very fast but that's because it's really a bare bone rom. There are hardly any apps in this. Why would someone use this rom over, lets say, an OMJ rom?
well if you like a cleaned out rom you could use this if you like some apps or games you would use omj or whoever ??????????
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development