PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20370)

ImCoKeMaN 07-02-2008 11:17 PM

Re: Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS)

From first post in this thread:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN
Notes:

* No need to extract, it will run straight from the exe (it's not just an RUU)

That should answer the one question you had and as for USB just read the instructions when you run the exe.

saxmanrp 07-05-2008 06:00 AM

Where is it supposed to say

version 0.41.CoKe or 2.31

I did this 3 times and it just resets my htc touch to factory settings

jim2561 07-08-2008 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxmanrp (Post 337155)
Where is it supposed to say

version 0.41.CoKe or 2.31

I did this 3 times and it just resets my htc touch to factory settings

in the bootloader, access this via the camera power reset (hold both buttons and reset)

journeyofthought 07-09-2008 05:42 PM

I'm sure this is a sign that I shouldn't even be messing with this, but after I get an sync connection and run the program, I get the following:

'\\.PSF\.Home\Desktop\Unlocker\tmpvg23'
CMD.EXE was started with the above path as the current directory.
UNC paths are not supported. Defaulting to Windows directory.
* Vogue/Sprint Touche CID unlocker utility
* Total process may take about 5-10 minutes depends on CPU speed.
Connect your device via activesync before continuing.
Press any key to continue . . .
Initializing'cecopy' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
.'sleep4' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
.'cecopy' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
'sleep4' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
.'cerun.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
.'cerun.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
####
The next step will be to load a temporary SPL to ram with JumpSPL
####
Press any key to continue . . .

I'm quite sure all those errors mean nothing happened - what am I doing wrong here?

journeyofthought 07-10-2008 03:01 AM

Never mind to the above post...I tried it on my laptop and it worked fine. I have no idea why it wouldn't work on a PC but work fine on a laptop running the same settings. Oh well!

dp13 07-11-2008 10:30 AM

before I do this....Is this okay for use on the Sprint Mogul/ "Titan"? I'm trying to help a friend get GPS working on his phone....what should I do?

jim2561 07-14-2008 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dp13 (Post 343771)
before I do this....Is this okay for use on the Sprint Mogul/ "Titan"? I'm trying to help a friend get GPS working on his phone....what should I do?

go to the titan forum. this is not ok to use on the titan(/mogul). there is an unlocker there by olipro that accomplishes the same purpose.

good luck! :)

shanty 07-19-2008 06:54 AM

thanks for the post. one problem now. i just unlocked my phone and it says 0.41.coke now but i can't update to the 6.1 rom. it keeps giving me an error message. can someone pleas help me???? I really want the new rom...

eeraider 07-20-2008 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shanty (Post 353018)
thanks for the post. one problem now. i just unlocked my phone and it says 0.41.coke now but i can't update to the 6.1 rom. it keeps giving me an error message. can someone pleas help me???? I really want the new rom...

Since the new 6.1 rom's are gps enabled, you will need to use the 2.31 unlocker. If you are using sprint, you should be able to load the offical new rom without using the unlocker.

media58 07-21-2008 01:11 PM

Question, do I need to run the unlocker everytime I flash a new or updated custom ROM?

dette 07-21-2008 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeraider (Post 353813)
Since the new 6.1 rom's are gps enabled, you will need to use the 2.31 unlocker. If you are using sprint, you should be able to load the offical new rom without using the unlocker.

What about loading a custom and then relocking and going back to the new official sprint 6.1 release?

sisith 07-22-2008 01:09 AM

Why would you need to relock? Just install the new ROM

dette 07-22-2008 04:24 AM

Yeah I found my answer its all good

ghostrider61978 07-31-2008 01:40 AM

I'm having problems running the Coke 2.31 to unlock the ROM. I show an error (I think it is 262). I just recently ungraded my ROM from the UTC mainpage. What am I doing wrong. I can't use the bigstorage sprinttouchrom either. What do I need to do fix this. Can someone please walk me thru because I am a noob at this stuff. Thanks in advance.

jim2561 07-31-2008 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shanty (Post 353018)

did you solve your problem? if not, tell us your carrier, radio version, rom version, bl version, and what rom you are trying to flash to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by media58 (Post 355216)
Question, do I need to run the unlocker everytime I flash a new or updated custom ROM?

nope

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostrider61978 (Post 366505)
I'm having problems running the Coke 2.31 to unlock the ROM. I show an error (I think it is 262). I just recently ungraded my ROM from the UTC mainpage. What am I doing wrong. I can't use the bigstorage sprinttouchrom either. What do I need to do fix this. Can someone please walk me thru because I am a noob at this stuff. Thanks in advance.

try using another pc. also try resetting both your vogue and pc. try different usb ports.

dette 07-31-2008 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sisith (Post 356135)
Why would you need to relock? Just install the new ROM

Warranty coverage

JimW 07-31-2008 05:52 PM

I've got a verizon xv6900 - having problems getting the unlocker to complete. I've brought the phone back to a generic ppc by hard resetting and not letting it complete the customization process. I get the multi colored screen showing the spl 2.00 coke. cpld-3 When prompted to disconnect and reconnect the display on the ppc goes from usb to serial and back to usb but active sync won't connect unless I soft reset the device.

I think its loosing the spl 2.00 after the soft reset. Anyone have a idea where I'm screwing up?

After doing a soft reset at the rom upg gui I get the progress bar on the device but soon after see active sync disconnect and get a 262 error.

First of all thanks for your work enabling an upgrade and TIA to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Jim W.

After all that it looks like either removing the memory or changing the usb port did the trick. 2.31 is installed - flashing to the sprint rom now.

dette 07-31-2008 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimW (Post 367388)
I've got a verizon xv6900 - having problems getting the unlocker to complete. I've brought the phone back to a generic ppc by hard resetting and not letting it complete the customization process. I get the multi colored screen showing the spl 2.00 coke. cpld-3 When prompted to disconnect and reconnect the display on the ppc goes from usb to serial and back to usb but active sync won't connect unless I soft reset the device.

I think its loosing the spl 2.00 after the soft reset. Anyone have a idea where I'm screwing up?

After doing a soft reset at the rom upg gui I get the progress bar on the device but soon after see active sync disconnect and get a 262 error.

First of all thanks for your work enabling an upgrade and TIA to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Jim W.

After all that it looks like either removing the memory or changing the usb port did the trick. 2.31 is installed - flashing to the sprint rom now.

I was gonna say you dont need active sync to reconnect once your in bootloader when it tells you to disconnect but looks like you got it working..

Firsttimer 07-31-2008 08:17 PM

I unlocked my Touch (Alltel) I think. The program seemed to load and my Touch was reset to factory condition, loosing all of the data I put on it (that's ok).

I have looked everywhere to see the coke info but can't find it.

Also, my main reason for doing this is get the GPS working. What else do I need to do?

The phone is only two days old and seems to have the lates software and WM6.0 loaded.

dette 07-31-2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firsttimer (Post 367543)
I unlocked my Touch (Alltel) I think. The program seemed to load and my Touch was reset to factory condition, loosing all of the data I put on it (that's ok).

Also, my main reason for doing this is get the GPS working. What else do I need to do?

The phone is only two days old and seems to have the lates software and WM6.0 loaded.

Here is how you find out if you got the custom SPL loaded

hold down the power button and the camera button at the same time and then take your sylus while still holding the camera and power button press the reset button on the button of the phone

it will go into bootloader mode and if it says 2.31.CoKe then you did fine... If not then you have to redo the unlocker..

to get out of bootloader just hit the reset button on the bottom again

jim2561 08-01-2008 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firsttimer (Post 367543)

also, if you want i believe you could just flash to the latest alltel rom. i think that enables gps and there is no unlocking necessary since it is signed/official. cant be sure of that though, go lookup the latest stock/official alltel rom and see what the software update/rom upgrade enables.

Firsttimer 08-02-2008 12:37 AM

I loaded coke 2.31 ulocker and its great. Thanks.

However, since then my HTC Home page displays that I am roaming and it keeps saying it is Out of Service (blinking). Calls and data work with no problem. This would not be a big deal except that when I use my bluetooth I keep getting a beep in my ear when it goes to the OOS condition.

Any ideas or suggestioms?

Thank You;

Firsttimer

dette 08-02-2008 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firsttimer (Post 368802)
I loaded coke 2.31 ulocker and its great. Thanks.

However, since then my HTC Home page displays that I am roaming and it keeps saying it is Out of Service (blinking). Calls and data work with no problem. This would not be a big deal except that when I use my bluetooth I keep getting a beep in my ear when it goes to the OOS condition.

Any ideas or suggestioms?

Thank You;

Firsttimer

Just try hard resetting is the only thing I can think of ... If your calls and everything work fine even when it says you have no service then maybe its just a glitch and will work itself out with a reset

Firsttimer 08-02-2008 02:17 PM

I preformed a hard reset, no luck.

Also, when I go to sync my Internet e-mail it says that I am roaming.

I tried to set y service to Home Only and then nothing works, calls, data, etc. I must keep the phone in Standard mode and always roaming. The tower is three miles from my home so I shouldn't be roaming. I use Alltel if that matters.

I don't know how to get carrier/tower/channel info on this phone like I could on my Razr or I would have provided that info too.

Before I did the unlock, I had no problems being suck in Roam mode.

I have a National plan so charges shouldn't be an issue.

The problem started just after I loaded coke 2.31. Any other information you need to help solve this?

Also, any way to turn off the dropped service beep that I hear in my Bluetooth?

Thank You;

Firsttimer

dette 08-02-2008 02:32 PM

Wow thats got to be pretty annoying.. I noticed I have go into 1x or roam more on GPS ROMs like the new Sprint release.. but nothing close to always being in roam mode...
I dont know what to tell you honestly.. hopfully someone else can answer it better then I can

Firsttimer 08-02-2008 02:53 PM

Does ImCokeMan monitor this thread or should I PM him about the problem?

Firsttimer 08-02-2008 07:27 PM

I checked with Alltel and they said that I was NOT roaming. So I can live with the issue for now. But my Bluetooth earbud is worthless until the problem gets fix because I can't stand hearing that beep every two seconds.

I'll watch the forums for updates.

Thank You,

Firsttimer

dette 08-02-2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firsttimer (Post 369417)
I checked with Alltel and they said that I was NOT roaming. So I can live with the issue for now. But my Bluetooth earbud is worthless until the problem gets fix because I can't stand hearing that beep every two seconds.

I'll watch the forums for updates.

Thank You,

Firsttimer

good a way to turn it off.. maybe a reg edit?

Firsttimer 08-02-2008 11:01 PM

I just came across this thread which explains the roaming problem nad how to fix it. Going to give it a try as soon as I find a regedit program.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=31203

Firsttimer

dette 08-03-2008 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firsttimer (Post 369588)
I just came across this thread which explains the roaming problem nad how to fix it. Going to give it a try as soon as I find a regedit program.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=31203

Firsttimer

Try PHM Reg Edit for your registry editor

Firsttimer 08-03-2008 08:15 PM

Preformed the changes in the thread I listed above and the problem has gone away. My phone no longer says its roaming and the OOS (out of service) beep in the bluetooth has stopped.

Thanks for your help!!!!

Firsttimer

dette 08-03-2008 10:25 PM

Glad you got it fixed

abc11435 08-04-2008 08:53 AM

Hello,

I can only read about 15 pages of this thread, so here's another noob question:

After I flashed Coke's unlocker, Sprint rom, then Ghetto's custom rom, everything worked fine. If I want to load another custom rom on my Touch do I have to unlock again, or just load it?

dette 08-04-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abc11435 (Post 370676)
Hello,

I can only read about 15 pages of this thread, so here's another noob question:

After I flashed Coke's unlocker, Sprint rom, then Ghetto's custom rom, everything worked fine. If I want to load another custom rom on my Touch do I have to unlock again, or just load it?

Umm if you have flash 2.31 unlocker then no you will not need to unlock again
if it is the 0.40 unlocker then YES yo uwill need too
but most likely i am guessing you used the 2.31 unlocker for GPS roms? since most roms are GPS

abc11435 08-04-2008 10:33 PM

Yes I did use the latest unlocker from Coke so I'm good to go. Thanks.

dette 08-05-2008 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abc11435 (Post 371583)
Yes I did use the latest unlocker from Coke so I'm good to go. Thanks.

yep no problem :)

just remember to hit that thanks button

Radiation 08-05-2008 12:42 PM

hey all.. quick question.. I was just about to attempt flashing the unit for the first time (HTC Vogue).

Here's where I'm stuck.. I run the Unlocker and on the screen it says Your Phone version is (and it's blank' I click on Update, and it says.. Updating from 'blank' to 'Unlocker _2.31' and I click next. I get to a screen where it shows 0% on my pc and on my Vogue and it sits there for about 2 minutes and then gives me an error of 262

"This error occurs during the CE ROM code upgrade process.
Solution: If this happens, you can just soft-reset the device and run RUU again. The update process will then continue.
Note: At this stage, the Wince is destroyed; instead, it is in upgrade mode."

I go through the recovery mode and all is well with the phone.. I can get back into windows. What am I doing wrong?

Firsttimer 08-05-2008 02:08 PM

Hi again.

I am cyrrently out of my Home area and roaming as expected. However, the Today screen flashes the Roam indacator and an OOS (out of service) message. When I get the OOS message, I hear a beep inmy bluetooth earbud. EVERYTHING else works properly.

Is there any way to stop getting an OOS condition?

Thanks;

Fristtimer

KINYA 08-07-2008 06:31 AM

Help Tri Color Screen

Hi i just got my phone and i am tring to put a rom on it i used the unlocker and than when i try to load a rom it gets stuck in the tri color screen i reset my phone and everthing is fine but everytime i try to load a rom even the new sprint rom it kepts getting stuck in the tri color screen can anyone help thanks

gdavis612 08-07-2008 07:47 AM

Re: Help Tri Color Screen

hummm... try running the unlocker again... how long do you wait when the screen comes up? it may take a few mins for the actual boot loader to appear so try and be patient