PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20370)

KINYA 08-07-2008 09:16 AM

Re: Help Tri Color Screen

i ran it bout 50 times and ran it for as long as an hour the update screen pops up for about a second and than it goes back to the tri color screen and thats it it gets stuck there

KINYA 08-07-2008 10:49 AM

now when i put my phone in sleep mode it wont wake up

gdavis612 08-07-2008 11:17 AM

what custom rom are you trying to upgrade to? are you going from stock? what carrier are you using also

KINYA 08-07-2008 03:50 PM

Re: Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS)

I just got this phone yesterday and i was tring to put the new sprint rom on it i am on sprint I ran the unlocker and than when i tried to run the rom it just freezes on the tri color screen and in then procces of tring differnt roms now when my phone is in sleep mode it wont wake up unless i soft reset can anyone help

jim2561 08-07-2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINYA (Post 375162)
I just got this phone yesterday and i was tring to put the new sprint rom on it i am on sprint I ran the unlocker and than when i tried to run the rom it just freezes on the tri color screen and in then procces of tring differnt roms now when my phone is in sleep mode it wont wake up unless i soft reset can anyone help

which unlocker are you using. did you run it, or extract/unzip it?

what os is your computer running, and have you tried doing it on any other computers?

also try resetting both the phone and the computer, changing usb ports, and just trying it again.

KINYA 08-07-2008 05:48 PM

i am using 2.31 and on xp no i have a mogul and never had a problem with it on this computer reset and changed ports still the same thing

KINYA 08-07-2008 05:51 PM

when i run the unlocker it say cannot load vdm ipx/spx support

dette 08-07-2008 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINYA (Post 375300)
i am using 2.31 and on xp no i have a mogul and never had a problem with it on this computer reset and changed ports still the same thing

You have a Mogul?? Your not trying to use this unlocker on the Mogul are you?

KINYA 08-07-2008 07:07 PM

yes but i have a touch to and i am tring to use it on the touch

KINYA 08-07-2008 07:09 PM

it say .41 and when i put 2.31 on it it just freezes at the tri coloer screen the update bar pops up for a second but than goes back to the tri coloer screen

KINYA 08-07-2008 07:11 PM

i got the phone where it wkaes up after sleep mode now but still cant get a rom on the phone a new one

Radiation 08-08-2008 12:17 PM

unlocker error

Hi All.. . Here's where I'm stuck..I do the hard reset and get the 4 color screen on the vogue and I plug in the USB cable and it goes from 'serial' to 'usb' . I run the Unlocker on the PC and on the PC screen it says Your Phone version is (and it's blank' I click on Update, and it says.. Updating from 'blank' to 'Unlocker _2.31' and I click next. I get to a screen where it shows 0% on my pc and on my Vogue and it sits there for about 2 minutes and then gives me an error of 262

"This error occurs during the CE ROM code upgrade process.
Solution: If this happens, you can just soft-reset the device and run RUU again. The update process will then continue.
Note: At this stage, the Wince is destroyed; instead, it is in upgrade mode."

I go through the recovery mode and all is well with the phone.. I can get back into windows. What am I doing wrong?

I've rebooted, unistalled/reinstalled active sync.. I'm going through a USB 2.0 connection and activesync usually works fine when I'm transferring files back and forth.
](*,)

gguruusa 08-08-2008 01:48 PM

Re: unlocker error

When you are in bootloader mode, what version SPL is currently installed?

Radiation 08-09-2008 01:34 AM

Re: unlocker error

Vogu100
Spl-0.36.0000
Cpld-3

jim2561 08-09-2008 02:56 AM

hmm strange...tell us EVERY single tedious step you took. if you simply follow the directions to the letter, it works 100% 100% of the time if conditions are correct.

jim2561 08-09-2008 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dette (Post 375334)
You have a Mogul?? Your not trying to use this unlocker on the Mogul are you?

lol dang wow nice catch. im so tired from work i didnt even notice that.. :S ugh

Radiation 08-09-2008 10:56 AM

Should I be using a different unlocker? What's the difference between the mogul and the Vogue?

1. I reset the phone with the camera/power/soft reset method
2. It shows a 4 color screen with the info above with the word 'Serial' at the bottom. I plug the phone into my computer via a usb 2.0 cable (ones that came with the phone) and the display switches from 'Serial' to 'USB'. Also the PC (Windows XP) makes the 'USB COnnect' sound indicating it detects the device. (However the activesync tray icon still is greyed out and says 'non connected'.
3. I load the Vogue_unlocker_MFG_2.31 software with 'ROMUpdateUtility.exe'
4. I put a check in the box that says I understand the the caution and click 'Next'
5. I put a check in the box indicating I have completed the 4 steps it says to do and click 'Next'
6. It says it's verifying info on my PDA phone and please wait.. After about a minute...
7. it shows results.. 'Image Version' It is blank. I click on the 'Update ' button
8. Then it say.. From: Image Version: >Blank area< To: Image Version: Unlocker_2.31 (At this point my Phone's screen has gone gret with a progress bar at 0%
9. I click the 'Next' button and it tells me I'm ready to upgrade and it will take about 10 minutes and I click 'Next' Again
10. The Computer then shows a progress bar and stays at 0%.. After about 2 minutes.. I get the error from my original message above and it tells me to 'perform a recovery' on the phone which I do and it works and boots up normally.

I'm off to work so I won't be able to reply until late tonight so do take my lack of an immediate response as not wanted to get this figured out. :) thanks again.

KINYA 08-10-2008 06:59 PM

Can anyone tell me how to get the right spl and a custom rom on my phone

jim2561 08-11-2008 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radiation (Post 377203)
Should I be using a different unlocker? What's the difference between the mogul and the Vogue?

2. It shows a 4 color screen with the info above with the word 'Serial' at the bottom. I plug the phone into my computer via a usb 2.0 cable (ones that came with the phone) and the display switches from 'Serial' to 'USB'. Also the PC (Windows XP) makes the 'USB COnnect' sound indicating it detects the device. (However the activesync tray icon still is greyed out and says 'non connected'.
4. I put a check in the box that says I understand the the caution and click 'Next'
5. I put a check in the box indicating I have completed the 4 steps it says to do and click 'Next'
6. It says it's verifying info on my PDA phone and please wait.. After about a minute...
7. it shows results.. 'Image Version' It is blank. I click on the 'Update ' button
8. Then it say.. From: Image Version: >Blank area< To: Image Version: Unlocker_2.31 (At this point my Phone's screen has gone gret with a progress bar at 0%
9. I click the 'Next' button and it tells me I'm ready to upgrade and it will take about 10 minutes and I click 'Next' Again
10. The Computer then shows a progress bar and stays at 0%.. After about 2 minutes.. I get the error from my original message above and it tells me to 'perform a recovery' on the phone which I do and it works and boots up normally.

I'm off to work so I won't be able to reply until late tonight so do take my lack of an immediate response as not wanted to get this figured out. :) thanks again.

alrighty so as your profile says...you do indeed have a cdma touch/vogue correct? and you are trying all this on that device, and not on a mogul/titan correct?
what radio rom and os rom do you have on your device right now? have you ever performed any other modifications concerning flashing or unlocking before? attempted to do so? what spl do you have on the device right now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINYA (Post 378378)
Can anyone tell me how to get the right spl and a custom rom on my phone

the only thing i can say is to follow these directions here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17473

TO THE LETTER. ok? and (if possible) get back to completely stock original rom and radio and everything before starting. im not sure what the problem is.

i would pm imcokeman.

ImCoKeMaN 08-11-2008 09:03 AM

Both of these users appear to be trying to flash the hardSPL from bootloader which cannot be done. The unlocker exe will run the commands that are needed from WM os and it will put a temporary loader on the phone. At this point don't reset, just disconnect and reconnect. Activesync will not reconnect and it doesn't matter, just continue with the directions from the unlocker

Radiation 08-13-2008 08:15 PM

Thanks to user DOAN for helping me out on this one.. Apparently my issue was not with the phone or software but with the cable. I was using the USB to phone/stereo headset adaptor and then attaching the phone to this adaptor.. It works fine with ActiveSync but the bootloader doesnt see the phone with this extra connector in the way.. Once I removed the stereo headset adaptor and plugged the phone directly to the usb, it worked fine.. Using NSRAM's latest rom and loving it. Also thanks to DOAN for the new BELL +GPS Rom.. And to all that tried to help. :) Just thought I would post my results in the event this happens to someone else, we'll have something else to ensure they check.

Daved 08-16-2008 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radiation (Post 377203)

I have EXACTLY the same problem.

I already upgraded the phone with an official ROM from Sprint to enable GPS without any problem but I cannot figure out how to install the 2.31 unlocker.

Any ideas????

Thanks

dette 08-16-2008 05:45 AM

Its looking like I might have to take my Touch in for service and I have not gotten any clear answer what so ever about RE LOCKING FOR WARRANTY COVERAGE.
I would like to know if anyone can tell me if this is how you would re lock ...

-Install .40 SPL over 2.31 SPL
-Install Sprint Official ROM 3.03

Or would there be more steps? I would really like a clear answer especially from ImCokeMan if possible.. I dont want to take it into service without re locking if re locking is possible.. I know Sprint isnt necessarily smart enough to look at my SPL version but still I would like to make sure...

Thanks.

BB1980 08-17-2008 09:59 PM

I can get the 2.00 Coke to display, then disconnect, reconnect, and the RUU starts. Active Sync then goes to disconnected, but the RUU runs. After the RUU is through, the Touch starts to reboot with the standard HTC boot screen, and starts the Windows mobile startup/customization. It never shows the 2.31 bootloader.

I am using an Alltel Touch (model VOGU100) and Desktop PC is on XP.
I flashed to the Alltel RUU_Vogue_4350_ALLTEL_WWE_3.04.671.2_Radio_4350H_3 .37.10_Alltel_NV2.00_PRL30008_0331_Ship_withSpecia lNBH
File first, before doing the unlocker and it worked just fine. What part am I screwing up here?

EDIT: Yeah, found on page twenty something to HOLD reset for 3-4secs, not just poking it. THEN the Bootloader comes up 2.31 Coke.
Mine never would just show the bootloader on its own like the instructions made it sound like, until I did the hard reset.

dette 08-17-2008 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB1980 (Post 385575)
I can get the 2.00 Coke to display, then disconnect, reconnect, and the RUU starts. Active Sync then goes to disconnected, but the RUU runs. After the RUU is through, the Touch starts to reboot with the standard HTC boot screen, and starts the Windows mobile startup/customization. It never shows the 2.31 bootloader.

I am using an Alltel Touch (model VOGU100) and Desktop PC is on XP.
I flashed to the Alltel RUU_Vogue_4350_ALLTEL_WWE_3.04.671.2_Radio_4350H_3 .37.10_Alltel_NV2.00_PRL30008_0331_Ship_withSpecia lNBH
File first, before doing the unlocker and it worked just fine. What part am I screwing up here?

EDIT: Yeah, found on page twenty something to HOLD reset for 3-4secs, not just poking it. THEN the Bootloader comes up 2.31 Coke.
Mine never would just show the bootloader on its own like the instructions made it sound like, until I did the hard reset.

Yeah I guess the instructions do make it seem like that but no it will not just show you the bootloader as you figured out

DeMathaDude 08-18-2008 11:41 AM

Plz anyone help. Everytime i download the unlocker coke 2.31. My phone has the three colors and says coke version 2.00. I followed all the directions and restarted the pc and the phone and it still says 2.00. Error 262 shows everytime for the updater also and i follwed all the recovery directions. PLZ help. I have htc touch.

dette 08-18-2008 03:26 PM

anyone want to answer my question? lol

jim2561 08-18-2008 04:05 PM

wow. this is a LOT of confused people/questions!!

this is imcokeman's thread as you know, but he really doesn't take much time to support it. since i have kind of started getting known for helping noobs and anyone else i can, i jumped in here and (thankful for the unlocker) helped people. but jeez this is a lot for just one guy!....plus imcokeman knows much more/better than i. so moral of the story: sorry if i dont reply too quick, and sorry if my replies dont quite get you out of your jam.

#1: did those of you who are trying to downgrade read both of the threads to which i referred? dharvey's and....someone elses, cant remember? EDIT: ok here are two threads that could be VERY helpful: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26082, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24979

#2: did ALL of you follow EVERY SINGLE LITTLE THING in the directions TO THE LETTER??

#3: are any of you trying to extract anything out of the unlocker? after downloading the unlocker and you are ready to use it, all you do is run the exe...you dont extract anything with winrar or anything.

#4: did you guys try reading say the first 3-4 pages of this thread, and then the last/most recent 5 pages? can be REALLY helpful.

#5: if you are trying to unlock, DO NOT TRY TO DO SO FROM THE BOOTLOADER. you can flash roms from the bl, but apparently flashing the unlocker has to be done while booted up to wm; this because the unlocker needs an activesync connection i believe - just the way it was designed.

#6: @bb1980: just to be sure for clarification purposes, you do know that you have to hold the camera button and the power button for a few seconds even after poking the reset hole correct? you hold both buttons, poke the reset hole (while still holding down both buttons completely, dont let a finger slip - happens a lot), continue holding both buttons until the bootloader shows. dont worry about holding the reset down - just poke it and hold down the camera and power button before and after.

#7: @demathadude: give us more details. what rom/radio/os on pc are you currently running? what have you done to the device previously in terms of flashing/unlocking?

adriancox 08-19-2008 08:14 PM

after new rom installed screen is stuck on the main splash screen. where did i go wrong?

jim2561 08-19-2008 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adriancox (Post 387997)
after new rom installed screen is stuck on the main splash screen. where did i go wrong?

well that has the potential to be from a number of different causes. you may have simply flashed an unbootable rom. which rom did you flash? and which unlocker are you on/using?

adriancox 08-20-2008 05:40 AM

using the 2.31 gps unlocker and a custom rom vogue wm6.1 gps 3.02 20270 selections

adriancox 08-20-2008 06:16 AM

figured out what i did wrong. i didnt change the radio code. works great now.
thanks.

jim2561 08-20-2008 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adriancox (Post 388458)
figured out what i did wrong. i didnt change the radio code. works great now.
thanks.

hey thats awesome, np :) lol

Daved 08-20-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daved (Post 384322)
I have EXACTLY the same problem.

I already upgraded the phone with an official ROM from Sprint to enable GPS without any problem but I cannot figure out how to install the 2.31 unlocker.

Any ideas????

Thanks

I am quoting myself because I figured it out and maybe it will help someone else.

I had to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable when the bootloader screen showed up and run another instance of the RUU utility without closing the first one. The second utility will connect to the phone without any problem... Weird.

jim2561 08-21-2008 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daved (Post 389037)
I am quoting myself because I figured it out and maybe it will help someone else.

I had to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable when the bootloader screen showed up and run another instance of the RUU utility without closing the first one. The second utility will connect to the phone without any problem... Weird.

wow now that is really strange. i will make a mental note of that for others later, thx for telling us how you fixed it.

wudzi 08-21-2008 05:58 PM

Uh oh! I suspect I might have bricked my Vogue. Your warning "If your carrier did not release a rom and you flash an exe of another carrier with the 0.40 unlocker you won't be able to flash ANY rom until unlocking again (this requires booting into WM)" provides a glimmer of hope though - what's involved in 'booting into WM' and is it possible to reunlock the phone through that method. (Phone currently says it's SPL 0.36 and then just sits on 'loading' despite trying numerous NBH files on the microSD card.)
Cheers
WDZ

logik777 08-21-2008 08:53 PM

ok first off .Thanks Cokeman for the unlocker .........well my ? is when i put my phone in the bootloader mode with the 3 color screen it says coke 2.31 now is my phoone unlocked ?Thanks in advance............LGK777

ImCoKeMaN 08-21-2008 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wudzi (Post 390333)
Uh oh! I suspect I might have bricked my Vogue. Your warning "If your carrier did not release a rom and you flash an exe of another carrier with the 0.40 unlocker you won't be able to flash ANY rom until unlocking again (this requires booting into WM)" provides a glimmer of hope though - what's involved in 'booting into WM' and is it possible to reunlock the phone through that method. (Phone currently says it's SPL 0.36 and then just sits on 'loading' despite trying numerous NBH files on the microSD card.)
Cheers
WDZ

Well what rom did you flash last? It should work to do use mtty and do a set 16 0 (or use titanexitbl).

Quote:

Originally Posted by logik777 (Post 390539)
ok first off .Thanks Cokeman for the unlocker .........well my ? is when i put my phone in the bootloader mode with the 3 color screen it says coke 2.31 now is my phoone unlocked ?Thanks in advance............LGK777

Yup, you can flash any GPS rom for the vogue now

logik777 08-21-2008 11:07 PM

thanks for the quick reply Coke.

wudzi 08-22-2008 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN (Post 390625)
Well what rom did you flash last? It should work to do use mtty and do a set 16 0 (or use titanexitbl).

Yup, you can flash any GPS rom for the vogue now

Last flash was RUU_Vogue_SPRINT_WWE_1.12.651.1_2.13.00_SPC_NV133_ Ship.exe and Windows subsequently won't boot.
That flash has changed SPL to 0.36, which is locked so no other ROM will load. Mtty bombs with "USB port can not open" (Activesync has USB unchecked as per instructions) Hence my panic!