PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20370)

jim2561 05-22-2008 03:30 AM

Re: Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rexdale_tiger (Post 291050)
wat do i do if i have a bell HTC touch?? can sum1 plz helpp me :)

same way as everyone else :) just be sure to install a bell rom. you can also install the sprint rom if you want the newest radio and such, just dont let the customizations after first boot run, soft reset before they can run.

im also not entirely sure if the newest radio works on bell (though i cant see why it wouldnt), so i would be sure to get a stock rom for bell that contains both the os and the radio before moving forward.

just follow one of the many instructions around here, like the ones i posted just a few posts back, or dharvey4651's great tutorial for example! :)

good luck and let me know if you have any further questions :)

HeyRobi 05-23-2008 11:28 AM

Ok I have the .40 unlocker on my phone right now and the leaked sprint rom. I wanted to use a custom rom so I am trying to install the 2.31 unlocker but I get a [263 error] everytime. Do I need to uninstall the the old unlocker first? If so How?

Edit I did have .40 on my phone now its vogu100

Deathbyfire83 05-25-2008 11:12 PM

need help. i used the vogue 2.31 unlock and the phone locks up after the lcd screen turns off. how do i but the original file back on the phone that the unlocker program wrote over.

thx for the help

jim2561 05-25-2008 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathbyfire83 (Post 295252)
need help. i used the vogue 2.31 unlock and the phone locks up after the lcd screen turns off. how do i but the original file back on the phone that the unlocker program wrote over.

thx for the help

its in the sticky by dharvey. have you tried flashing a new rom onto it? a gps one?

also...what exactly did you do?

Deathbyfire83 05-25-2008 11:24 PM

i ran the 2.31 unlocker and the phone rebooted. went threw the installation (touch screen align, and date and time) that is all that i did. when the phone uses the power saver aka turns off teh lcd scrren. should be able to hit the power button on top and the screen kicks back on. i get nothing on the screen. i get a blinking green light. I have ot soft reset it to get back to the home screen again.

macrd123 05-25-2008 11:34 PM

Is there an unlocker for the xv6800 to enable internal gps?

jim2561 05-25-2008 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macrd123 (Post 295271)
Is there an unlocker for the xv6800 to enable internal gps?

yes there is, try looking in your respective titan forum.

OMJ 05-26-2008 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathbyfire83 (Post 295261)
i ran the 2.31 unlocker and the phone rebooted. went threw the installation (touch screen align, and date and time) that is all that i did. when the phone uses the power saver aka turns off teh lcd scrren. should be able to hit the power button on top and the screen kicks back on. i get nothing on the screen. i get a blinking green light. I have ot soft reset it to get back to the home screen again.

sounds like you are still running the stock 6.0 rom....if so, the 2.31 unlocker is for 3.xx GPS radios/roms only.

you either would need to flash a 3.xx GPS rom or run the 0.40 unlocker which is meant for non-gps roms.

hawtboi 05-27-2008 10:34 PM

Where do I find the version number?

mhrc4 05-29-2008 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathbyfire83 (Post 295261)

Having this same issue.... even updated the phone to a 6.1 ROM, without GPS (as i could not get a GPS build to work)

edit - nevermind, ran the .41 unlocker, resolved the power button issue.

mwfielder 05-29-2008 02:13 PM

Please pardon me if this has been asked, but I have downloaded the 2.31 unlocker (twice), but it doesn't seem to work properly. It extracts and starts the vogue_unlocker.bat . First thing, it says "UNC paths are not supported. Defaulting to the Windows directory". Then some stuff and press any key. So I do, and it gives several lines of info that says " XXXXXX is not recognized as an external or internal command" like sleep4 or cerun.exe, cecopy, etc.... Then it says I should be in 3 color screen showing the soft bootloader, but nothing has happened to my device.

Has anyone seen this, and what I can do to fix it?

My PC is running XP, I am using Active Sync 4.5, and have the Verizon XV6900 (their Touch).

cbus 05-29-2008 05:59 PM

Wow - Ran thru this entire thread and I must be missing something!

I have run the 2.31 unlocker 3 times. Each time I come to the part where I am to disconnect and reconnect - which I do - it gives me error 260.

If I understand correctly, I don't need to be attached to activesync if it says usb at the bottom of screen so I hit exit on the error screen because that is my only option.

I then go to command line and hit the enter button. Goes right to disconnect usb in activesync and then hit enter - which I do - then it says rebooting device.

it reboots with my original rom and when I hit power camera soft reset I get version 0.36.

I have the sprint touch and have the oem rom.

What am I doing wrong? Please help!

mwfielder 05-29-2008 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwfielder (Post 298946)
Please pardon me if this has been asked, but I have downloaded the 2.31 unlocker (twice), but it doesn't seem to work properly. It extracts and starts the vogue_unlocker.bat . First thing, it says "UNC paths are not supported. Defaulting to the Windows directory". Then some stuff and press any key. So I do, and it gives several lines of info that says " XXXXXX is not recognized as an external or internal command" like sleep4 or cerun.exe, cecopy, etc.... Then it says I should be in 3 color screen showing the soft bootloader, but nothing has happened to my device.

Has anyone seen this, and what I can do to fix it?

My PC is running XP, I am using Active Sync 4.5, and have the Verizon XV6900 (their Touch).

Problem was my work PC. Don't know why, but I took everything home to my home PC and it ran perfectly.

hawtboi 05-30-2008 12:04 AM

My phone says this:

SPL-0.36.0000
CPLD-3

Does that mean I can't use 2.31 because it has no GPS?

esoteric 06-01-2008 11:52 PM

I'm having the "standby" problem that at least a couple of other people have had...

HTC Vogue on Bell Mobility that I just picked up last week.

Ran the .31 unlocker and it all went extremely smoothly (no lock-up in the bootloader either).

Everything seemed good until it went into standby mode for the first time, I can't get it out of it and have to soft-reset it.

One thing I noticed is that the green light, which is normally blinking quickly, pauses "on" for a second, then goes back to blinking softly.

I know that one person used .41 and it solved that issue, but I want to use GPS. I guess the only thing is, how do I tell if my phone has it or not? I noticed in one of the special phone codes "##xxxx#" options that it had a GPS option.

Anyways, it's incredibly annoying!

Any help would be great, thanks!

falkor 06-02-2008 11:12 AM

Hi,
I followed the instructions to put the Verizon full custom roms.
the upgrade worked. Then did *228 option 1 and 2, then called Verizon rep who got me back on the network.
My problems are: I still get the roaming triangle and the phone says that I am on "preferred network" (and not VerizonWireless as it used to say), also I can't get data connection (Internet, etc.).

Any ideas? should I call Verizon ?

Thanks for all your great work!

hawtboi 06-02-2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falkor (Post 302302)
Hi,
the upgrade worked. Then did *228 option 1 and 2, then called Verizon rep who got me back on the network.
My problems are: I still get the roaming triangle and the phone says that I am on "preferred network" (and not VerizonWireless as it used to say), also I can't get data connection (Internet, etc.).

You have to do a master reset. I don't know exactly what it does besides reset the phone to defaults and I don't know how to do it. The tech at the VZW store did all the work to reactivate it and get rid of the triangle.

falkor 06-02-2008 02:23 PM

Thanks for the tip , but I tried again to do a Hard reset (talk& End& reset) after that did *228.
I am still roaming with no data service.

bigpimpin i710 06-02-2008 03:08 PM

Thanks

I hit the thanks button, but just wanted to say thanks man. Unlocker works flawlessly!!!!!!:headbang:

DssTrainer 06-04-2008 11:06 PM

Having similar issues.
I have brand new out of box. It has 2.13.00 Radio. I ran the 0.41 unlocker, I got the 3 color screen... then it says "disconnect and reconnect" So I disconnect.. listen for the "di-dung" from windows when you unplug a usb device. Then wait a few secs, plug it back in. I hear the "da-ding" when a usb device is plugged in. But at this point ActiveSync doesn't reconnect. The BL screen says it should be connected to ActiveSync. But I ignore it and try it anyway. Goes thru and says "Replacing current image: <blank> with this image: 0.41. Then says it might take 10 min... takes about 10 secs and then hard reboots and asks me to do the stylus tapping again.

Now ActiveSync doesn't work at all.. and windows makes the triple "da-da-dung" sound when there is a USB error. I tried a diff PC... installed ActiveSync... got the phone back to step one.. repeated the exact process... same result

Now I'm going to try to uninstall and reinstall ActiveSync.

Also tried doing the powerbutton+camera+resetbutton to check the bl... but it just soft resets.

xmovingx 06-04-2008 11:19 PM

will this unlock a locked esn phone? ( htc tocuh? )

mikemogren 06-05-2008 03:27 AM

I have managed to get my Boot Loader Restored to the Original version:
VOGU100
SPL-0.36.0000
CPLD-3

My plan was to reinstall the signed factory ROM.
I have done that several times, the installation goes flawlessly but when it's done the phone still hangs on the HTC logo screen.

I have tried everything in this unbricking thread.

Please Help!
Thanks

EDIT: It shows that there is no radio installed when I power up, but I don't believe I can install one without the unlock??

gp-se 06-12-2008 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemogren (Post 305484)
VOGU100
SPL-0.36.0000
CPLD-3

I have done that several times, the installation goes flawlessly but when it's done the phone still hangs on the HTC logo screen.

Please Help!
Thanks

EDIT: It shows that there is no radio installed when I power up, but I don't believe I can install one without the unlock??

try to install the 0.40 unlocker first, then boot into bootloader and load the factory\signed RUU Rom.
I went from 2.31 unlocker -> 0.40 unlocker -> factory\signed rom no problem

jim2561 06-12-2008 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbus (Post 299196)
Wow - Ran thru this entire thread and I must be missing something!

I have run the 2.31 unlocker 3 times. Each time I come to the part where I am to disconnect and reconnect - which I do - it gives me error 260.

If I understand correctly, I don't need to be attached to activesync if it says usb at the bottom of screen so I hit exit on the error screen because that is my only option.

I then go to command line and hit the enter button. Goes right to disconnect usb in activesync and then hit enter - which I do - then it says rebooting device.

it reboots with my original rom and when I hit power camera soft reset I get version 0.36.

I have the sprint touch and have the oem rom.

What am I doing wrong? Please help!

what os is the pc you are using running? have yuu tried using another?

who's instructions did you follow, and did you follow them 100% to the letter?

Quote:

Originally Posted by falkor (Post 302302)
Hi,

yes, give verizon a call. they should be able to help ya update/change to the correct pri/prl for your area/carrier :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemogren (Post 305484)
VOGU100
SPL-0.36.0000
CPLD-3

Please Help!
Thanks

try what gp-se said :) also...are you positive that it is the official signed factory rom?

and...who is your carrier?

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmovingx (Post 305244)
will this unlock a locked esn phone? ( htc tocuh? )

no, it is an unlocker for custom roms, not anything to do with esn locking/unlocking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esoteric (Post 301999)
I'm having the "standby" problem that at least a couple of other people have had...

HTC Vogue on Bell Mobility that I just picked up last week.

Ran the .31 unlocker and it all went extremely smoothly (no lock-up in the bootloader either).

Everything seemed good until it went into standby mode for the first time, I can't get it out of it and have to soft-reset it.

One thing I noticed is that the green light, which is normally blinking quickly, pauses "on" for a second, then goes back to blinking softly.

I know that one person used .41 and it solved that issue, but I want to use GPS. I guess the only thing is, how do I tell if my phone has it or not? I noticed in one of the special phone codes "##xxxx#" options that it had a GPS option.

Anyways, it's incredibly annoying!

Any help would be great, thanks!

so i take it that when you say ".31 unocker" you mean 2.31 unlocker...?

when you enter the bl, what are all the version #'s?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawtboi (Post 299492)
My phone says this:

SPL-0.36.0000
CPLD-3

Does that mean I can't use 2.31 because it has no GPS?

that means that you cant use gsp...yet. you will need to follow the instructions TO THE LETTER to use gps...thats what the 2.31 unlocker was created for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DssTrainer (Post 305224)
Having similar issues.
I have brand new out of box. It has 2.13.00 Radio. I ran the 0.41 unlocker, I got the 3 color screen... then it says "disconnect and reconnect" So I disconnect.. listen for the "di-dung" from windows when you unplug a usb device. Then wait a few secs, plug it back in. I hear the "da-ding" when a usb device is plugged in. But at this point ActiveSync doesn't reconnect. The BL screen says it should be connected to ActiveSync. But I ignore it and try it anyway. Goes thru and says "Replacing current image: <blank> with this image: 0.41. Then says it might take 10 min... takes about 10 secs and then hard reboots and asks me to do the stylus tapping again.

Now ActiveSync doesn't work at all.. and windows makes the triple "da-da-dung" sound when there is a USB error. I tried a diff PC... installed ActiveSync... got the phone back to step one.. repeated the exact process... same result

Now I'm going to try to uninstall and reinstall ActiveSync.

Also tried doing the powerbutton+camera+resetbutton to check the bl... but it just soft resets.

ok so the fact that it only took about 10 seconds, and that the "replacing current image" thing was blank, and that it asks you to do the stylus tapping again, AND that activesync doesnt connect when you connect it back in...are all 100% normal and everything.

have you tried a hard reset?

when you try to check the bl with the power camera reset..are you HOLDING the power and camera buttons...??

lowpro3210 06-12-2008 09:40 PM

Nevermind, It Worked ... Thanks

TheChampJT 06-17-2008 06:47 AM

Alright, I've been reading and reading, can't find the answer, so hopefully someone can give me a detailed answer.

I ran the unlocker, to flash on OMJ Vogue ROM, with the Rev-A and GPS capabilities. During the process when the HTC ROM updater came on, the device wouldn't reconnect (I tried about 5 times, hard reset and starting from scratch). After waiting at the updater for about 10 minutes, I hit next and this time, as mentioned above, it said it was replacing the ROM image, but was blank. Meanwhile my phone is on the bootloader reading SPL-2.00.CoKe, after the updater went through the process, all of a few seconds, it performed the hard reset.

Now I have entered the bootloader to see SPL-2.31.CoKe, even after two hard resets, one being the auto, and one manual. The phone starts as it should, but once I turn it off, it won't power back on. I believe I saw a fix for this, but can't remember.

My biggest questions are, what can I do now? Is this normal, and I should continue to flash from here?

Congo123 06-21-2008 02:29 AM

I've done a good amount of searching ](*,). I'm confused because I ended up with a refurb phone after my lcd died (no water, no trauma to device). It reads 0.36.0000 when the phone is booting. Is that normal or is it supposed to be 0.36 only without the .0000 on a factory Sprint signed rom?

Thanks in advance,

Congo

stogchris81 06-21-2008 07:41 PM

im have that red green and blue screen on my touch now. now what?

stogchris81 06-21-2008 07:54 PM

what do you do once you get the red green and blue screen?

DssTrainer 06-22-2008 12:03 AM

Run the Unlocker 2.31
Then after it reboots run the RUU

jim2561 06-22-2008 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Congo123 (Post 321050)
I've done a good amount of searching ](*,). I'm confused because I ended up with a refurb phone after my lcd died (no water, no trauma to device). It reads 0.36.0000 when the phone is booting. Is that normal or is it supposed to be 0.36 only without the .0000 on a factory Sprint signed rom?

Thanks in advance,

Congo

well, i dont think its supposed to have all of the 0's on the end there. try flashing either the leaked sprint rom, or the original official sprint rom and tell us what happens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stogchris81 (Post 321491)
what do you do once you get the red green and blue screen?

how are you doing? did you get things working?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheChampJT (Post 317218)
Alright, I've been reading and reading, can't find the answer, so hopefully someone can give me a detailed answer.

I ran the unlocker, to flash on OMJ Vogue ROM, with the Rev-A and GPS capabilities. During the process when the HTC ROM updater came on, the device wouldn't reconnect (I tried about 5 times, hard reset and starting from scratch). After waiting at the updater for about 10 minutes, I hit next and this time, as mentioned above, it said it was replacing the ROM image, but was blank. Meanwhile my phone is on the bootloader reading SPL-2.00.CoKe, after the updater went through the process, all of a few seconds, it performed the hard reset.

Now I have entered the bootloader to see SPL-2.31.CoKe, even after two hard resets, one being the auto, and one manual. The phone starts as it should, but once I turn it off, it won't power back on. I believe I saw a fix for this, but can't remember.

My biggest questions are, what can I do now? Is this normal, and I should continue to flash from here?

yes, all that is completely normal except for the fact that you are unable to get the device to power on again.

sorry to say it, but im not sure what you might do there.

you could flash the sprint leaked rom, then flash the unlocker again, then flash whichever 3.xx rom you wanted again, then hard-reset and test again to see what happens but..hmm idk im not sure sorry.

ImCoKeMaN 06-22-2008 08:05 AM

The unlocker is only compatible with the new roms so once it is installed you must upgrade to a 3.xx, that is why the power off won't come back.

kurupte 06-24-2008 08:33 PM

I've tried to install the unlocker 10 times now. No matter what I do i always get error 262. I've read the readme, followed all the instructions in it as well as the instructions in the program itself and i cant seem to figure it out. Additionally i've read through this entire post. Can anyone give me even more detailed instructions as to what to do? Im started to fell like a complete idiot. thank you in advance

Also are you supposed to always end up in recovery or is the program supposed to complete itself when run without any type of errors.

DssTrainer 06-24-2008 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurupte (Post 324646)
I've tried to install the unlocker 10 times now. No matter what I do i always get error 262. I've read the readme, followed all the instructions in it as well as the instructions in the program itself and i cant seem to figure it out. Additionally i've read through this entire post. Can anyone give me even more detailed instructions as to what to do? Im started to fell like a complete idiot. thank you in advance

Also are you supposed to always end up in recovery or is the program supposed to complete itself when run without any type of errors.

The unlocker has confusing instructions. You don't need to run the Rom Update Utility after the unlocker, even tho it autoloads it.
Try using the steps here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=28462

egriffin 06-26-2008 09:56 AM

Hey guys, I used cokemans unlocker and successfully flashed OMJ's cooked Alltel rom on my Touch. You guys really rock! I did have a couple of questions,

1) if I ever want to flash the OEM or another cooked rom, do I need to unlock the phone again or just hard reset to the boot loader and flash from there?

2) is there a way to get rid of the recurring annoying cannot run xxx.exe error boxes that pop up from time to time?

I searched through the forum for this one but didn't find an answer. Thanks again for all your help.

Ed

DssTrainer 06-26-2008 11:21 AM

1) You only have to unlock once. The unlocker is there to stay. Just dl and flash the new roms at will.

2) Never seen that one

jim2561 06-29-2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurupte (Post 324646)

did you end up gettting things to work ok?

Quote:

Originally Posted by egriffin (Post 326959)
Hey guys, I used cokemans unlocker and successfully flashed OMJ's cooked Alltel rom on my Touch. You guys really rock! I did have a couple of questions,

1) if I ever want to flash the OEM or another cooked rom, do I need to unlock the phone again or just hard reset to the boot loader and flash from there?

2) is there a way to get rid of the recurring annoying cannot run xxx.exe error boxes that pop up from time to time?

I searched through the forum for this one but didn't find an answer. Thanks again for all your help.

Ed

are you referring to things like "cannot execute calnot.exe" or "replog.exe" or "tskschedule.exe"?

if so, i have seen that a few times. the culprit is usually simply the rom. i would definitely try posting in the respective rom thread, just in case (though they prob wont be able to help you out), and i would recommend a hard-reset then testing it again.

good luck!

and like ds said, the unlocker is there to stay, UNTIL you flash with an official/oem/signed rom again, which will automatically re-lock your device (depending upon which unlocker you used)

good luck!

weasel 06-30-2008 04:59 PM

Anyone have an idea of how to get past error [262]?

Thought at first that it was a Windows Vista issue, but the same thing happens on Windows XP. ActiveSync sees my phone and the unlocker reboots my phones and brings me to the 3 color screen, but it stays at 0% and then fails with error [262].

Tried cold booting my phone, re-installing ActiveSync, rebooting my PC, nothing.
My phone is a HTC Touch on Bell Mobility with ROM version 1.17.661 and radio version 1.59.10.

Any help appreciated!

ImCoKeMaN 06-30-2008 05:28 PM

did you disconnect the usb?

weasel 06-30-2008 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN (Post 332323)
did you disconnect the usb?

\
No, why would I disconnect the USB cable? The program clearly states "Please do not remove the USB connection from the PDA Phone or launch any program during the update process."

Is removing the USB cable an undocumented step? When should I pull it out?

Thanks for the reply.

[Edit]: Am I supposed to be running Vogue_unlocker.bat or ROMUpdateUtility.exe ?