PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2008, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC VOGUE
Carrier: Bell

Moekind is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Same Problem Involving The Battery!
Its Stuck At 100% Now!!
Old 02-11-2008, 07:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

mr.jcarter is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moekind View Post
Same Problem Involving The Battery!
Its Stuck At 100% Now!!
Is anybody else having this problem? I haven't had any issues with my battery bar freezing.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

Red49er is keeping up the good workRed49er is keeping up the good work
MJC, are you using DogGuy's Kitchen? If so, how did you bake in UC? Otherwise, what kitchen are you using?
Old 02-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

kabal is a n00b
Thank you so much! Finally someone else who sees the light. A ROM should be clean, anything that isn't a OS specific feature, or a device specific feature should be gone.

I love this more especially since there really is only two 3rd party apps I ever install outside what you've already provided. (TouchPal & VistaBatteryBar) Thanks again.. I'm trying out the rom now..
Old 02-11-2008, 08:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD
Carrier: Rogers

pidsw is a n00b
I like this a lot. Question: Does it use the newer OS? 5.2.19.... Most of the 107 derivatives use 5.2.18 along with slightly older HTC apps.
I usually soft reset on first boot to avoid any extra installs. Then I look through the config*.txt to see whats missing - just encase something useful or essential is there. (although it is usually just sprint crap)

If I don't soft reset will it run the config_pt.txt and config_operator.txt (or whatever they are called). These tend to do bad things (especially because I have a Telus Vogue).
Also, what is the difference between ROM memory and program memory? Don't they both reside in the same 256M Flash "ROM" on Vogue? I like to keep things clean, but I have yet to use more than half of my 256 on board Flash. More DDR would be nice.

Thanks!

David
Old 02-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: pre, diamond
Carrier: sprint

kellybrf is becoming a great contributor
hmm, ran this and it hung when installing one of the cabs during customization. im going to check my txt file and try and reload it .

i like the idea of the user customization so we can add what we want, but itd be nice to see resco back in the rom.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: pre, diamond
Carrier: sprint

kellybrf is becoming a great contributor
its still hanging on the cab install of one touch organizer, but everything else worked just fine so im going to assume its something with the cab.

edit...after installing oto manually im almost positive its the cab. when it starts to install there is a pop up window 'this cab was created by...' that has to be ok'ed out of, so im sure thats causing the hang

Last edited by kellybrf; 02-11-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

kabal is a n00b
Just got done doing my install, everything worked great, only extras I added were TouchPal, Vista Battery Guage, and HHC (Htc Home Customizer - I like the yellow clock).

Everything runs so much better, sms is a lot snappier vs my last rom (JD's Fury Rom), but just to keep from comparing roms, I'm sure its simply because this has less running at startup. Exactly what I wanted!

Thanks again!
Old 02-11-2008, 10:35 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabal View Post
Just got done doing my install, everything worked great, only extras I added were TouchPal, Vista Battery Guage, and HHC (Htc Home Customizer - I like the yellow clock).

Everything runs so much better, sms is a lot snappier vs my last rom (JD's Fury Rom), but just to keep from comparing roms, I'm sure its simply because this has less running at startup. Exactly what I wanted!

Thanks again!
GOOD !!! lol
Old 02-11-2008, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

mr.jcarter is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidsw View Post
I like this a lot. Question: Does it use the newer OS? 5.2.19.... Most of the 107 derivatives use 5.2.18 along with slightly older HTC apps.
I usually soft reset on first boot to avoid any extra installs. Then I look through the config*.txt to see whats missing - just encase something useful or essential is there. (although it is usually just sprint crap)

If I don't soft reset will it run the config_pt.txt and config_operator.txt (or whatever they are called). These tend to do bad things (especially because I have a Telus Vogue).
Also, what is the difference between ROM memory and program memory? Don't they both reside in the same 256M Flash "ROM" on Vogue? I like to keep things clean, but I have yet to use more than half of my 256 on board Flash. More DDR would be nice.

Thanks!

David
I'm using the latest OS released by no2chem that I know of. If there is a version newer than his Build 107 then I'll update.

Try letting the entire thing boot including the auto customization. What could it hurt? If it does "do bad things" then simply reflash to your previous ROM and let me know what happened.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development