mr.jcarter
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mr.jcarter is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidsw View Post
I like this a lot. Question: Does it use the newer OS? 5.2.19.... Most of the 107 derivatives use 5.2.18 along with slightly older HTC apps.
I usually soft reset on first boot to avoid any extra installs. Then I look through the config*.txt to see whats missing - just encase something useful or essential is there. (although it is usually just sprint crap)

If I don't soft reset will it run the config_pt.txt and config_operator.txt (or whatever they are called). These tend to do bad things (especially because I have a Telus Vogue).
Also, what is the difference between ROM memory and program memory? Don't they both reside in the same 256M Flash "ROM" on Vogue? I like to keep things clean, but I have yet to use more than half of my 256 on board Flash. More DDR would be nice.

Thanks!

David
I'm using the latest OS released by no2chem that I know of. If there is a version newer than his Build 107 then I'll update.

Try letting the entire thing boot including the auto customization. What could it hurt? If it does "do bad things" then simply reflash to your previous ROM and let me know what happened.