PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 01:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro,Mogul,Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

junior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to junior1234
Re: "My Location" and Weather Not Working? Possible cause.

Well I can confirm that my location will only update via wi-fi or with 1x signal , dont have a clue why but thats how it has been since ive been using it.Others report that it works straight out of the box no matter what but my quick gps stays current, and every other gps based program gets quick lock and work fine .I can honestly say Ive watched this closely all over the southeast(nc.sc,va,ga,tn,fl,al,ms) and if i have Ra or EV it wont update but on 1X she works like a champ
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Herman)
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon -> AT&T)

Swin is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior1234 View Post
Well I can confirm that my location will only update via wi-fi or with 1x signal , dont have a clue why but thats how it has been since ive been using it.Others report that it works straight out of the box no matter what but my quick gps stays current, and every other gps based program gets quick lock and work fine .I can honestly say Ive watched this closely all over the southeast(nc.sc,va,ga,tn,fl,al,ms) and if i have Ra or EV it wont update but on 1X she works like a champ
That's an interesting observation. I am on Alltel as well. Out of curiosity could you tell me what radio you're using? If I lock my device in 1X it unfortunately will not update weather (or perform any data based activities, no web or even MMS, just phone calls and SMS).

I'd be interested to know if you can update weather after changing Mode of Operation to 1X (via Settings -> Personal -> Phone -> Services -> Mode of Operation). (Make sure to change it back when you're done. )
Old 12-03-2009, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Plutonium0587 is becoming a great contributor

This happens to me on my Diamond. I am trying to figure out why as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior1234 View Post
Old 01-28-2010, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC DROID INCREDIBLE
Carrier: VZW

jetdavdub is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50301; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

same works with wifi enabled.... wierd...?
Old 01-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 700wx
Carrier: verizon

phreak480 is a n00b

just recently had the no weather updating problem. I could get my current weather in the weather tab (i usually dont have it in the mix, just use the home screen) but not on the home screen with my clock. No matter where i was it showed the weather for "New York" , I tried the solutions here and other places. After some digging i found the solution that worked for me. Go into your clock settings and check that your current time zone is set as "my location" mine was set as "New York" . Once i made the change instantly it updated to my current weather on the home page.

Hopefully this can help some people.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro,Mogul,Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

junior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to junior1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak480 View Post
just recently had the no weather updating problem. I could get my current weather in the weather tab (i usually dont have it in the mix, just use the home screen) but not on the home screen with my clock. No matter where i was it showed the weather for "New York" , I tried the solutions here and other places. After some digging i found the solution that worked for me. Go into your clock settings and check that your current time zone is set as "my location" mine was set as "New York" . Once i made the change instantly it updated to my current weather on the home page.

Hopefully this can help some people.
Unfortunately ,it still holds true for me that as long as ive got EV or Ra signal, the weather and location will not update.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro