PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 12:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

WhiteWidow is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sold TP with energy ROM. Cant activate?

I just sold a TP to a friend after getting a Hero. He took it to a sprint store and they couldn't activate it. I told him not to take it to the store with the Energy 2.5 manila rom on it but he did anyways. Shouldn't he just be able to call sprint and get it activated with his number?

***EDIT*** Its on Sprint

Last edited by WhiteWidow; 11-13-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Sold TP with energy ROM. Cant activate?

Did you install the DCD carrier cab? If not, then the OTA provisioning might not work and for manual programming, only some of the ## codes work. It wouldn't have mattered for you because you were already provisioned before upgrading to Energy.

http://dcd1182.n715dp.com/index.php?...%2Fcarriers%2F

The cleanest solution (if your friend wants to go to Sprint) though would be to just install the stock Sprint 2.01.651.6 MR ROM.

http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownloa...at=2&dl_id=683

Last edited by sfhub; 11-13-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

spiralspirit is becoming a great contributor

flash to stock, relock, activate, and then flash to whatever he wants.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Threadstarter

WhiteWidow is becoming a great contributor

Okay thanks guys
Old 11-13-2009, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TP_Cutie24F is a n00b

locking isnt necessary.. but yes flash back to stock, activate and flash back.

If j00 c4n r34d 7h1$, j00 $p3nd w4y 2 much 71m3 0nL1n3
Old 11-13-2009, 04:58 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

none of it should be neccessary...
...as long as the ROM has the update profile in settings>system, then go online and do the activation(your friend is already a sprint cust right), come back, update profile and it should be good to go..
Old 11-13-2009, 06:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

for some reason update profile has never worked for me with wm 6.5.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

i dont even think you need update profile in system settings. some roms dont have them since theyre generic. when you update to a new phone online, they give you instructions on how to manually change the phone to your number and all that. involves a ## code and entering your imei and number.

calling in and trying to get them to do it on the custom rom probably will end in a headache. they're trained to handle stock sprint ROMs that have everything in the settings menu. best way is to do it yourself online through your account. just go to upgrade to new phone once youre signed in.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:51 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmug View Post
for some reason update profile has never worked for me with wm 6.5.
i just had to do it.. i reactivated a TP and kept getting the error67 when data would run..everything else worked fine..##3282# wouldnt work because something in the rom would close it soon as it opened..the silence rom i had, didnt even have update profile in it.. i have like 3 or 4 roms all on one SD, so i had to go through em, a demolition rom i had, update profile didnt even do anything, one dom sim rom i had didnt have it, but i had a second don sim rom too and that one had it.. i did it, it worked, then flashed right back to my silence rom, and data worked without the error...

every one of those roms were 6.5 roms
Old 11-14-2009, 03:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
i dont even think you need update profile in system settings. some roms dont have them since theyre generic. when you update to a new phone online, they give you instructions on how to manually change the phone to your number and all that. involves a ## code and entering your imei and number.
That only changes the MSID and MDN. Then they depend on the online provisioning to fill in the data login and other parameters. If you are running a custom ROM, it might not respond to the OTA provisioning, so what you are left with then is a phone that can make and receive calls, but error 67 for data.

If you use a stock ROM though, then everything should work and if not you can manually update the profile and/or perform an EPST reset.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro