PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro on Alltel
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

rev800x is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Dumb ? but here goes....

Yeah I didn't think before I spoke on that one. It's Friday and my mind must be elsewhere. I now see after actually thinking about this for a bit that it does fall into the fraud category. I promise never to try and scam anyone or any business out of such a silly thing as a phone! Ha ha!
Anyways, I have contacted HTC and am awaiting their response. What do these phones have on them as far as a manufacturers warranty anyways? Phone did not come with any manual and I can't find anything online about the warranty.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

I just looked at my manual, it says 12 months warranty.

I hope it works out for you.

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)
Old 11-13-2009, 03:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro on Alltel
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

rev800x is becoming a great contributor

Man. date on phone says 12/08/2008 so with any luck.....
Old 11-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev800x View Post
Man. date on phone says 12/08/2008 so with any luck.....
You should be able to replace it then. Your best bet might be calling though.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:16 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i think the OPs question is legit... itd be like having a spint TP on VZW... if it messes up VZW wont help you either...

all it would take is him giving someone the phone, esn swap it onto your account, do the claim(which if the issues r genuine, and u get someone whos good with haggling with their carrier and youll get it replace through advanced exchange and itll be free anyways).. then get the new device, activate it, esn swap back to Your original device(these arent new contracts, so it doesnt matter if your swapping right away, theres no penalty to worry about, etc) and its all good to go...

first, you might have issues getting the device back onto Alltel.. just like some vzw users, who have been bumped out for whatever reason and cant get the sprint device back onto vwz... so thats something to think about..

second, this would take time if u cant find someone close to you that u can meet up with.. otherwise you talking about mailing your tp out, them making the claim and getting the device, then sending it back to you... thats alot of shipping in there...

and lastly, id make someone pay me to do it for em honestly... not our fault you dont have your carrier version of the TP, its a risk you knew you were taking when u did it.. u knew isurance wouldnt be an option.. we pay $7 a month to be able to have protection.. and what if your device does need to have 100 deductable to claim it, u prepared to pay that? what if they get you into a TP2 for your TP1, id make someone pay me for that? if they said they wont, youd just get one of my TP1s back in the mail, and id prob mess it up really good too lol..

but yeah, long post i guess kinda... i still dont think hes not askng for anything woorth flamming him over... i just think he should be offering to hook someone up for the trouble.. i dunno, maybe offering to pay people out in the open for it, may look bad lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro