PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro on Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

rev800x is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dumb ? but here goes....

I have a Sprint TP that I'm using on Alltel. The thing is falling apart, chrome is cracking like crazy, have the nice oil looking spot on the screen and the slide part of the phone is all loose. What are the chances (slim at best, I know) of having someone who has Sprint and a TEP plan get my phone replaced? Is that even a possibility since the phone wasn't purchase through Sprint?
Old 11-13-2009, 11:12 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker
Re: Dumb ? but here goes....

Not likely, and the mods do not like people posting insurance scaming posts. Try ebay or craigs list and make sure the esn is clear before you buy. Have a good one.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 11-13-2009, 11:17 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

+1 on post 2, and you still have to get verizon to add the esn to their network. or just get a sprint account, you might get it for free just for leaving big red.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I don't see how it's really a scam. Yeah I didn't get it from Sprint but I did buy it brand new and it is a Sprint phone with the usual TP issues. I'll probably just keep using it till it dies but I was just curious. One more thing, Sprint sucks around here. And I'm actually still with Alltel. Not sure when VZW is gonna take over my area.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Akshay00 is a n00b

Every TEP account is linked to an ESN. If the ESN does not match the ESN on the TEP contract, the replacement will be declined. Hence, trying to trick TEP into repalcing a phone that is not covered is a scam. You might try to have it replaced under manufacturer warranty. Typically Sprint supports warranty repairs for its customers but I am not sure how it would work with you not being a Sprint customer. You might just have to contact HTC directly.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

Of course it's fraud...you don't have insurance on it and you'd like someone who has insurance to somehow get your phone replaced. How could that NOT be an insurance scam?

In any case, I doubt that would even be worth the trouble. If you make an insurance claim, it would cost you $100 already.

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)
Old 11-13-2009, 01:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

DrUnKeN_TiGeR is keeping up the good workDrUnKeN_TiGeR is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to DrUnKeN_TiGeR Send a message via MSN to DrUnKeN_TiGeR Send a message via Yahoo to DrUnKeN_TiGeR

wow and i thought i was shady lol

Old 11-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUnKeN_TiGeR View Post
wow and i thought i was shady lol
are you just looking for ways to flame people? You can send the phone directly to HTC, as they have a warrenty. Call them and see if it still qualifies.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Yup. Just call me stupid. I get it. Soooo many helpful ones on here. I'm just trying to get the best of my POS phone that I spent over $300 on like 6 months ago. Wasn't trying to "scam" anyone. Just wanted to simply know, without thinking about the whole scam thing, if it was possible. And thank you bikeanddestroyx for the information regarding contacting HTC. I have sent them an email and will have to wait and see what their response is.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Poor guy. The OP is probably a young man who is trying to figure out a way for the system to work in his favor. Rev... I have 4 sons. I will phrase it the way I tell them.
Be careful. Ignorance does not excuse the crime. If you commit insurance fraud and get busted... The judge wont give you a break cuz you didn't know.
These guys are right. It is fraud.
However, bikeandestroyx has a good point. Go through HTC... Then try the other options. Heck... You might find a buyer on ebay or craigs list and with a few more bucks you can upgrade.
Sorry. I know I'm not your pops but i really felt bad for your little bro.
Wow. I assumed you are really young. lol.
I appologize if you are an older guy like me. In that case you should know better and you need to quit being so shady. lol.
p.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro