PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 07:36 PM
uʍop ǝpısdn ɯ,ı ʞooן
Pocket PC: 3rd GALAXY from the SUNG
Carrier: Sprint

rdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Replacement Woes

copy this portion of your post

Rep 1: Transferred me to Asurion even though I insisted I did not do this through them

Rep 2 (Asurion): Said I was right, transferred me back to Sprint

System: Hung up on me

Rep 3: Said he can't do it form customer service, transferred me to tech

Rep 4: Said tech can't do another replacement even though she says technically the phone they sent me is defective as well. Told me to go to a Sprint store.

then write an email to sprint customer support via their website (https://support.sprintpcs.com/) detailing the condition of the phone when you recieved it, and then the run around you were given during your attempts to resolve the issue over the phone. the more you let them know how inconvenienced you were the better.

this may take longer but it is more effective than being transferred to different departments and "accidentally" being disconnected for a few days.

(obviously ive done this a few times with sprint)

good luck

rdd

(ps sauman i cant see your name or any info of yours anymore its just little boxes.... only reason i know its you is your avatar.)
Old 09-21-2009, 07:45 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

can see Sau info ok in IE,
Old 09-21-2009, 07:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

xgirlxy is a n00b

One thing that I've started doing is first up get the name of the person that you are talking to. I've found that when I get full names of people on tech support, I have fewer problems because if what they tell me is wrong... I just tell the next person that .. JOHN DOE was the tech handler and this was what they told me. However I always find it better that when I go to make a complaint (which I'm apt to do) I k now exactly who to make the complaint about and can give names.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:00 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

yea, after my mogul fiasco im terrified to try to bring my phone in, but when I called sprint they said you can only get a replacement in store at a repair center now... the closest repair center to me is at least 20 minutes one way and its not even corporate... thats one thing I miss about verizon, they may have had less stores but any store could handle a tech issue.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

And it gets better!

Sprint store: "Oh wow that's gross! *takes it back to tech* The lady used rubbing alcohol and a pressurized duster they use when repairing phones and gave it back to me. At that point, I had that weird feeling that I don't wanna use the keyboard EVER, but whatever. Here's where it gets better...

Me: "How much would it cost me to upgrade to a TP2?"
Rep: "Lets see... what's your number? *checks the system* It looks like you're not eligible for any discounts."
Me: "Wait... my contract is up this coming January. I should at least have the MIR and $75 credit"
Rep: "Hmm... no, it says your contract was renewed November of last year?"
Me: *blank stare* "Excuse me?"
Rep: "Yes, it says you'll be eligible October of 2010"

-At this point, I was incredibly confused. Then it all came together... November was when Sprint replaced my Mogul with a TP. This was because I was having so many issues with my Mogul and they agreed to give me a discount on the TP. It turns out, they actually renewed my account in the process. I never authorized them to renew it! If I wanted to upgrade my damn phone, I would've waited another week until the contract was up instead of complaining for hours on end to get a new phone!
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So the rep tells me to call retentions. I did. Just got off the phone with them.

Retentions: "Well, it looks like your contract was renewed when you got the TP discount."
Me: "No one authorized anything like that. The rep said she would give me a TP for $130"
Retentions: "You got a discount on that phone and it looks like she gave you a mail in rebate too. When we give you something, you have to give us something in return."
Me: "This was not a new purchase... this was supposed to be through TEP because my phone was defective"
Retentions: "Asurion would've handled it then"
Me: "No, Asurion handles the claims for lost/stolen phones. This was because of technical issues."

-go back and forth *politely, I might add*

Retentions: "I can escalate this if you'd like and see if anyone can do anything."
Me: "Alright, might as well"

*on hold*

Retentions: "My supervisor just stepped out. I'll have him call you back after he's reviewed your account."

-Note: I got his rep ID so... This better play out.

My blood pressure is dangerously high right now... My head hurts like a mofo, and I have a Calculus exam tomorrow.

I have to say... F M L in it's fullest sense!
Old 09-21-2009, 09:07 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Sau, work this to your advantage. Stay cool, deal with TP after your exam. Good luck.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Automaton is keeping up the good workAutomaton is keeping up the good work
Re: Sprint replacing for TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automaton View Post
Try this link

http://www.nextel.com/en/services/se...olutions.shtml

It's how I got my TP in place of my Mogul. One of the last steps will show you what you are sending in and what they will send you back. If it isn't a TP2, then you can cancel the transaction and try again later.
For those being referred to a local service center... Put in 95932 when it asks for your zip code. You just need to pick a zip code where there isn't a service center nearby.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Medic is keeping up the good workMedic is keeping up the good workMedic is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automaton View Post
For those being referred to a local service center... Put in 95932 when it asks for your zip code. You just need to pick a zip code where there isn't a service center nearby.
Finally it worked. My local sprint center down played the oil smudge issue under the screen and basically told me it didn't affect the phone so I was SOL.

This replacement will be my 4th TP, 2 for dead keyboards and 1 for a dead screen.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Automaton is keeping up the good workAutomaton is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic View Post
Finally it worked. My local sprint center down played the oil smudge issue under the screen and basically told me it didn't affect the phone so I was SOL.

This replacement will be my 4th TP, 2 for dead keyboards and 1 for a dead screen.
Glad it worked for you. Screw those customer disservice reps
Old 09-22-2009, 03:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

MinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ott View Post
I would really like to say some harsh comments about your reply to my message, but for the sake of the forums, I will hold them in. In your example with the navigation going out on a Lexus, they will fix the issue, just like HTC is pushing out replacement keyboards for the defective ones. You don't need a whole new phone when a simple piece goes out. Are they really going to compensate you that much, or fix the issue? Their not going to give you a new upgraded model when they can fix your issue. And why should Sprint, or HTC give you a TP2 due to a keyboard defect? I never said that people are bricking their phones and want a TP2 due to flashing, I'm saying 90% of the reason people have gone through so many is because they bricked it multiple times with flashing, this is your own fault, if you have had multiple devices due to hardware failure, such as the keyboard, which HTC has addressed and can fix, then let them fix it. Nothing is perfect. If you have the nerve to complain and go through all the hassle just to save money when everyone else works hard 40+ hours a week and pays for their actual phone. Stop whining and just buy the dang phone!!!
What harsh comments can you say and not look ignorant???
Where did you get your 90% data from???
Bricking your TP is nearly impossible which has been stated many times over by the Top chefs/contributors here at PPC...
BESIDES the issues people have had with the TP time and time again had to do with hardware failures which was stated already....
I read a couple of newer flashers thought they bricked their phones but it wasn't actually bricked....
I never flashed before my Tp and never bricked my phone....
I don't think I even read any post on PPCGeeks that a poster 100% bricked their phone from flashing....
For the most part since April, I've read the forums on a daily basis....
Do you know what bricking is btw?.....LOL
Bricking isn't where the phone kills itself or its hardware due to the way it was built and designed.....FYI...../sarcasm

HTC isnt pushing out replacement kb's, your kb fails and you have to push your gas pedal and drive to a Sprint store and have them repair it....

Simple pieces? hmmm.....
If the KB and screen are simple pieces to fix, then why have so many been defective?

I didn't expect the TP to e perfect when I purchased it but after paying $300 for it, I'd aleast expect to use it for more than 3 months before it broke....LOL

My story now....LOL
Bought TP in April 2009
KB failure in June 2009, had them repair it....
Screen failure 2 days ago, Went to Sprint at 3:00pm, waited 45 minutes in line to start process, I was told I would get a call in a about an hour to find out what they determined...After three hours I gave Sprint a call and was told it will be replaced.....
Today picked up refurb at 4:00pm, 10:00pm KB failure...
Barely touched the phone within the 6 hours, I didn't flash it either....
Manufacture date was May 31st, 2009, the refurb date was Sept 2nd.....
So if the KB is an easy fix then why did it happen to this already refurbed phone????
Since I do have a job, a pregnant wife, two kids, besides other errands, now I have to find time to start the process again....

I will slightly agree that posters are sounding a teeny tiny bit greedy for wanting the free upgrade but most of the posters have already went through 3 times as many phones as I have....If Sprint didn't upgrade me for free but rather asked if I pay the $50 difference for the TP2, I might be a little hesitant to invest more money into the phone.....
I feel bad for those who have normal plans and/or are paying $99/month for the unlimited everything and have went through 3+phones due to hardware failure....

At this moment I just want a phone that will work with all the features I thought I was receiving when I purchased it for $300 and signed a two year contract....I love my TP and hope I can find a non defective one but 5 months and three repairs....it starting to look like a lemon product to me.....Luckily for Sprint and myself I have Sero....

As for the car navigation analogy, comparing the two is apples and oranges....
But for the sake of discussion lets say the navigation system went out 4 times in 9 months on the car, wouldn't their be some kind of recourse? I'm not sure that's why I ask as a question....LOL

If you were to compare the TP to a car, the screen and kb failure would be more equivalent to the car having engine failure or the steering wheel falling off and you quickly reattaching the steering wheel to fix it...

The navigation system doesn't limit the car from functioning as a whole
To me the navy system is more of an accessory rather than something that is necessary to drive the car....

If your TP screen fails, you really cant make a phone call or do much of anything with the phone....If your kb fails, sure you can still use your phone but makes landscape pretty much worthless and besides it defies the whole purpose of buying a qwerty hardware kb phone...If the consumer didnt want the KB they could've bought the diamond and saved $100 but obviously the purchaser felt the KB was needed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoiden View Post
hey bro it seems your taking it too personel
do you work for sprint?
When I picked up the refurb today the rep stated he had seen many TP's come back to be repaired or to be replaced since day one launch.....
He also said the TP is an awesome phone but HTC obviously didn't make them how they should have....
Their was another one in repair while I was at the store....LOL

IDK if Ott is a sprint worker or what but when any phone dies it doesn't matter much to sprint because the cost of replacing or repairing falls onto the manufacturer of the phone not the phone carrier...
The carrier just has to deal with the grief of dissatisfaction from customers because the phone.....

Sorry for the long post....ha ha

Last edited by MinLo; 09-22-2009 at 11:19 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
dead, keyboard, phone, touch pro, tp