PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 07:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

joey100282 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to joey100282
Red face Random question???????

Ok so i have a question that i REALLY could use help getting answered asap. Ok so i had a tp on sprints network but due to some medical difficulties, which caused me to be let go from my job of 3 years, ( thats a whole other story) i was unable to make payments and sprint eventually suspended my acct. i had a whole plethora of issues with them and dont have the money to pay the outstanding balance off. Once i get back to work i will obvioulsy pay them off, but in the mean time i havent had a cell phone for quite sometime. My girlfriend already has a second line on her acct but no phone on it. I'd like to flash my sprint tp to verizons network. My question is will i be able to flash it to vz's network being that it is currently on sprints network, and will verizon give me any crap about doing this? ive searched throughout this great website and found the method in which i am going to do the flash. Any help would be greatly appreciated . thanks eveyrone for looking and i hope someone will be able to lend me a hand

I guess a sidenote/second question. ive unlocked and flashed numerous roms to my tp, is flashing to vz basically the same thing, in terms of difficulty and the steps involved??????
Old 08-27-2009, 08:03 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: Random question???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey100282 View Post
Ok so i have a question that i REALLY could use help getting answered asap. Ok so i had a tp on sprints network but due to some medical difficulties, which caused me to be let go from my job of 3 years, ( thats a whole other story) i was unable to make payments and sprint eventually suspended my acct. i had a whole plethora of issues with them and dont have the money to pay the outstanding balance off. Once i get back to work i will obvioulsy pay them off, but in the mean time i havent had a cell phone for quite sometime. My girlfriend already has a second line on her acct but no phone on it. I'd like to flash my sprint tp to verizons network. My question is will i be able to flash it to vz's network being that it is currently on sprints network, and will verizon give me any crap about doing this? ive searched throughout this great website and found the method in which i am going to do the flash. Any help would be greatly appreciated . thanks eveyrone for looking and i hope someone will be able to lend me a hand

I guess a sidenote/second question. ive unlocked and flashed numerous roms to my tp, is flashing to vz basically the same thing, in terms of difficulty and the steps involved??????
I don't think flashing is required to get your TP on VZWs network. The trick is getting your ESN added into their system. I have heard some ppl say that VZW won't let you do it anymore, but several other ppl say that you can, it's just process. From what I've heard it takes VZW a couple days to get the ESN added into their system. You may run into a problem with that ESN still being set up on a Sprint accout though. You may be able to switch the phone on your Sprint account to an old phone that maybe doesn't even work just to free up the ESN to VZW can add it.

I hope that helps!!!
Old 08-27-2009, 08:12 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the HTC Touch Pro forum!

Old 08-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750

most likely you will have to pay the balance on the sprint account to be able to free up the esn to put on vz network.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:50 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

joey100282 is a n00b

sorry about that rstyoyguy. as for the responses ive received, sprint wont let me put a diff phone on acct if its suspended, ive already tried that lol, but thanks for the thought. id there a tutorial somewheres to walk me through how to do it
Old 08-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
sorry about that rstyoyguy. as for the responses ive received, sprint wont let me put a diff phone on acct if its suspended, ive already tried that lol, but thanks for the thought. id there a tutorial somewheres to walk me through how to do it
Careful...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=68
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
I dont think he was asking for cloning, just the Sprint to VZW...
Old 08-27-2009, 09:10 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

joey100282 is a n00b

yeah honestly I vaguely know what cloning is, just not sure what and why it applies to me lol. I just wanted to get it working on vz
Old 08-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon Pro View Post
I dont think he was asking for cloning, just the Sprint to VZW...
Oh that makes sense now that I read it again...

Quote:
yeah honestly I vaguely know what cloning is, just not sure what and why it applies to me lol. I just wanted to get it working on vz
My fault... I was just tryin to look out for ya, not tryin to imply anything lol...

Back on topic now... Have you called Verizon to see if they can activate it? I've been Googling it and I'm finding mixed reports that non-pay shutoffs can be activated on a different carrier. It seems that's kind of a gray area. No way you could activate it on another Sprint account, but it sounds like it may be possible on a different carrier. Wouldn't hurt to call and check.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
Good job on quoting the rules... It's good to see that... And that is no sarcasm... The Staff appreciates it.. Thanks!

Quote:
Cloning is when you take the ESN (Electronic Serial Number- It's akin to a VIN on a car so to speak) and use it on another phone that has been suspended, blacklisted, etc.

Good luck on getting your phone flashed.. I would call Verizon and ask them to add your ESN to their database.. If they can't/won't do it, then call Sprint and ask them to remove your ESN from their blacklist.. If they can't/won't, then it looks like you will need to pay that balance off..
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro