PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 11:41 AM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PLEASE HELP! I am getting charged by Sprint! International Texts and Calls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafy0003 View Post
You can log into Sprint.com then go to the Digital Lounge and block specific texts, Or you can only allow certain number's to come through, You cannot block numbers, The system is not that advanced at all, There is alot of stuff we cant do, or you can install one of these caller Id block's and block Area codes or International codes, Forgot the name though, get back to you later on this.
the only issue i see with this is that he is in real estate and could have anyone anywhere calling him.. not to mention that he cannot tell they are international calls. They are masking it from NY, NJ, or whatever. It would appear to be counter productive, depending on how national he is with his contracting.

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
Old 08-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003

Yea I figured that and Sprint dont have a International only plan, You can try Magicall, Google it, search whatever or attached is Call Firewall, IDK it's up to you, It would be hard to get credited for this because we cant verify that you did not know didnt know where these came from, I personally wouldnt, Id think you were making it up.
Attached Files
File Type: cab CallFirewall_V_1_4.CAB (351.0 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-27-2009, 11:52 AM
Flat-Out-Addicted

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafy0003 View Post
Yea I figured that and Sprint dont have a International only plan, You can try Magicall, Google it, search whatever or attached is Call Firewall, IDK it's up to you, It would be hard to get credited for this because we cant verify that you did not know didnt know where these came from, I personally wouldnt, Id think you were making it up.
ya know what ruined everything? that stupid phrase "the customer is always right"... It got to the point where customers would lie their teeth out of their mouths and get what they want, to the point where companies no longer will put up with that bullsh and barely give out anything anymore! That phrase ruined a great customer service experience..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:29 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Have you tried getting a google number? maybe that would be something that might help you!

Old 08-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint hero
Carrier: sprint

98classic is keeping up the good work98classic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to 98classic

hmmm i thought they could block international calls or txt, maybe thats only outgoing though. only thing would be getting a google voice number.

about the business phone, is it a land line or a cellphone? beaing a realtor maybe you would cary two cell phones, i'm in trucking and i carry two as i dont want customers calling my personal line. nextel phones used to be able to carry two lines per phone, ahh those were the days

hero on AOSP 1.6 + googlebits.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
Have you tried getting a google number? maybe that would be something that might help you!

aaahhh yes... the google voice has come to the rescue on multiple occasions...

here's something off topic about GV: I went to school to buy my books and the book store is in the basement with no reception whatsoever.. told my gf i'd be right back, but the line was sooo loooong, i was waiting for over 40 mins! So i hopped on the schools wifi and texted my gf from google voice... that service is real useful for even the littlest things
Old 08-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch PRo
Threadstarter

loren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good work

I friggin hate sprint. I call and I asked them. I need to block all international text messages and calls. They told me they'd block all my texts. WHAT? I need my texts. I pay extra for this service every month. Why would I pay if I want it all blocked? I just want international. They said I would have to provide a number for it. I told them I have over several thousand texts. There is no way i can find it. I asked them for anything they can do. They said they can only block specific numbers and I would have to call every month after I get charged to block that number.

So, I'd get charged every month as they call from numerous different lines. This is garbage.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by loren646 View Post
I friggin hate sprint. I call and I asked them. I need to block all international text messages and calls. They told me they'd block all my texts. WHAT? I need my texts. I pay extra for this service every month. Why would I pay if I want it all blocked? I just want international. They said I would have to provide a number for it. I told them I have over several thousand texts. There is no way i can find it. I asked them for anything they can do. They said they can only block specific numbers and I would have to call every month after I get charged to block that number.

So, I'd get charged every month as they call from numerous different lines. This is garbage.

read this carefully:

you must call sprint and have them notate this on your account! Make sure they have it written down exactly the way you want it and get that reps name, every time! Make sure they have it notated that you get international calls from MANY different numbers and if you, yourself never calls internationally, this will help with no outgoing international calls.

MAKE SURE THEY NOTE IT ON THE ACCOUNT AND THE REP READS IT BACK TO YOU!

Sprint promised my dad something, and wrote down something completely different and full of Sh*t... I wouldn't want the same to happen to you.

good luck.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Bell

the92playboy is just getting started

Someone mentioned googlevoice, and I think that's a great idea. AFAIK, googlevoice does not work here in Canada, so when someone from outside the US would try to call you, it just simply wouldn't work. Your regular American customers would be put right through though.

You could set up the google voice account, post that googlevoice number online in place of your actual cell number, and then just forward the googlevoice number to your cell.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

There is an island in the Caribbean that I heard about a couple of years ago, that is dialable using our standard area code +number, in other words, no 011. It looks like a US number. However, they are able to see up there phone numbers like the 900 numbers in the US, where you pay a large fee per minute to call them. They scam people to call or text them back. Perhaps that is what is happening

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro