PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 07:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: MetroPCS

Mmaureenn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMmaureenn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMmaureenn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMmaureenn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Font CABs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinazn View Post
When I originally installed the font, I installed the font .cab and then the weather fix. After I installed the font .cab I still got the white box. Installed the weather fix 2nd and I got the same thing. I have attached the manila file you requested.
Okay, so I could've been clearer...

I need the original manila file - the one that correctly shows the sun and moon on your device. The one you uploaded is already modified to fix the font size of the temp, so it's probably not the original manila file from your device. I can't change my file to work with your device, but I can change your file to display the temp properly.

Sorry for the confusion, but the good news is, once its done you'll be able to use it with any font. I'm not sure what the difference is except that yours is stock and mine's from MightyRom 4.16. It would be good to post a modified stock version for those who need it.

xoxo
Old 09-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmaureenn View Post
Okay, so I could've been clearer...

I need the original manila file - the one that correctly shows the sun and moon on your device. The one you uploaded is already modified to fix the font size of the temp, so it's probably not the original manila file from your device. I can't change my file to work with your device, but I can change your file to display the temp properly.

Sorry for the confusion, but the good news is, once its done you'll be able to use it with any font. I'm not sure what the difference is except that yours is stock and mine's from MightyRom 4.16. It would be good to post a modified stock version for those who need it.

xoxo
Thank you for clarifying and your help but I'm afraid it doesn't matter. It breaks picture mail for me and that is a deal breaker. I've already uninstalled =/ Ah well..
Old 09-13-2009, 01:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon

Link9228 is keeping up the good workLink9228 is keeping up the good work

I went ahead and made a cab for the monako font. You can see a preview of it below. The file itself is attached to this post.

http://www.urbanfonts.com/fonts/Monako.htm
Attached Files
File Type: cab Monako.cab (63.2 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-22-2009, 02:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

herbster is becoming a great contributor

I used a Kliptik font and now freezes when I go to weather or settings. Nothing in settings? Weather empty too? I deleted all the files and still lost it. Any help?
Old 09-22-2009, 04:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Locked up my weather tab and now in a total lock up state. Any help would be greatly appreciated as my device is useless and a hard reset would be a last resort.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Mmaureenn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMmaureenn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMmaureenn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMmaureenn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinazn View Post
Thank you for clarifying and your help but I'm afraid it doesn't matter. It breaks picture mail for me and that is a deal breaker. I've already uninstalled =/ Ah well..
Can you point me to the thread that addresses this issue? I am aware that the personalizer cab which changes the operator logo breaks Sprint Picturemail, but have not seen anything about custom fonts being a problem in that regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbster View Post
I used a Kliptik font and now freezes when I go to weather or settings. Nothing in settings? Weather empty too? I deleted all the files and still lost it. Any help?
Quote:
Locked up my weather tab and now in a total lock up state. Any help would be greatly appreciated as my device is useless and a hard reset would be a last resort.
The Kliptik font cabs (last I checked) contain several font files as well as the manila file for the Weather tab, which is not the same as the Weather Fix cab that I have posted separately; and both manila files have been known to cause issues. To my knowledge, they do not contain anything that would address the Settings tab.

You stated that you "deleted all the files"... if you meant that literally, then you should go into Remove Programs and uninstall the font cab. This will not only delete the font files, but the Weather manila file, as well, which may be the cause of your Weather tab issue and, possibly, your lock up. And remember, if at first you don't succeed, reset, reset again.

Changing to a custom font is merely cosmetic. Other than some minor display issues if the font is too large, the device should not behave differently just because the lettering looks different. But I have been wrong before...

I hope you fix it without a hard reset.

xoxo
Old 09-22-2009, 10:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

So by deleting the Kliptik file I deleted part of the weather manila? Any ideas on what part so I may get it back? I had weather setup for specific cities and maybe that had something to do with this? No hard reset I will figure this out with some help from ppcgeeks.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I am not sure if you meant deleted the font files? I only deleted kliptik and now I notice when I go to remove programs it states that all of the file cannot be removed? I remember there was a program to remove all of a specific cab along time ago? I looked in total commander but cant find anything with the name kiptik? Maybe I should try putting the cab back in again?
Old 09-22-2009, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Update...I tried memmaid and removed all of kliptik but same result. Then I decided to reinstall the font specifically trojan pro and now weather is working as before. My assumption is by removing kliptik trojan pro it removes something in weather on tf3d. Now I am stuck with that font and not sure if safe to try another font but at least I am up.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Update...I tried memmaid and removed all of kliptik but same result. Then I decided to reinstall the font specifically trojan pro and now weather is working as before. My assumption is by removing kliptik trojan pro it removes something in weather on tf3d. Now I am stuck with that font and not sure if safe to try another font but at least I am up.
I'm so confused! LOL Yay you for hanging in there... that's how we learn.

I think it should be way easier. If you have reinstalled the cab, then I suggest you do the following:

Go to Settings/Remove Programs and remove the Kliptik font. If it says it can't completely remove it, choose to keep it in the programs list, and soft reset. Do not physically delete any files. Now, try to reinstall the same cab file. You should get a message saying that it must first remove the previous version, blah, blah... let it. Then soft reset and check to see if that fixes the problem. Sometimes, when a cab won't uninstall, reinstalling it over itself will remove the last traces of it.

Don't manually delete the files, I think that will just wreak havoc. I had a similar problem, which is what led me to modify the weather manila from my own ROM. The fonts themselves are not the problem... it's the manila file packaged with these fonts that is causing your problem, IMHO. When it happened to me, I was almost in tears with the prospect of having to hard reset... so I understand your frustration.

I think the best advice I've ever read, and I don't remember where I read it... someone's sig, I think, went something like this: If it doesn't work the first time, keep trying because it's a Windows Mobile device and eventually it will work. Just keep trying to uninstall it and soft resetting until it's back to normal.

I think that the font files should be cabbed by themselves. The way the font displays in the weather tab should be addressed seperately, since that manila file isn't going to be the same for everyone.

Let me know which font you really want. I will be happy to cab it up for you without the weather file (with Kliptik's permission, of course). Then, if the weather tab is not displaying the current temp properly, you can upload the weather file that is working on your device and I will modify your file to display properly. Being a girl, I understand the importance of accesorizing.

xoxo
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
font, system font, tf3d font, titanium font