PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 06:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

Sootah is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Sootah Send a message via Skype™ to Sootah
Re: Yay 4 Juggs ROM may have bricked my phone..

Also, since we've obviously established that I have a Verizon phone, are there any steps I need to take in advance of flashing in order to make this work?
Old 08-11-2009, 07:04 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sootah View Post
Also, since we've obviously established that I have a Verizon phone, are there any steps I need to take in advance of flashing in order to make this work?
nope you flash the exact same way as other touch pros, nothing else is needed to be done.
On some roms though i would lower the pagepool to 8-12 though
Old 08-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I may have added to the situation here and if I left the impression that I was chastizing the OP I'm sorry that wasn't my intention....

Maybe if we all followed the rule that if you don't have a potential solution for the poster it is better to not say anything at all these things would not happen!

I would propose a stickied thread in the upgrade forum that a user of a specific carrier would be able to go to and answer the most basic issues they will have with flashing a new rom for their carrier including what the programming codes for their carrier are and other little tidbits (like enabling GPS and pagepool settings)
Old 08-21-2009, 06:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

Sootah is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Sootah Send a message via Skype™ to Sootah

I've played with Demolition ROM for the past several days, and I quite like it. What other slim ROMs are out there that I can play with? With the amount I like Demo, I'll probably stick with it; but I'd be interested to see if there are any others that are even faster..
Old 08-21-2009, 07:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

juddrl is becoming a great contributor

you could have done better by choosing a better subject line. "I bricked my phone, please help me." or "I'm a noob and don't know what I'm doing" or something like that.

by the way, if your phone powers on at all, it's not bricked.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Roms don't brick phones...people do.
especially a great rom like Y4J's.
please edit your thread title.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:23 AM
VIP Member

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sootah View Post
I've played with Demolition ROM for the past several days, and I quite like it. What other slim ROMs are out there that I can play with? With the amount I like Demo, I'll probably stick with it; but I'd be interested to see if there are any others that are even faster..
you can try longhorn, maybe black dragon not sure if his is sprint specfic or not but lol read haha Groove rom is pretty good to

but you might want to change the pagepool on all three its not hard just search pagepool changer or something to that effect it should bring up what your looking for.

Last edited by dodge_longhorn; 08-21-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:26 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman313 View Post
and apologize.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerp View Post
and doing a search and reading could help rather than blasting a good chef
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanborn1979 View Post
We should not post anymore on this thread. It is an insult to Juggs to have this at the top of the forum...

Wow I am shocked at some of you, I guess how we forget when we were new to the flashing and had no clue, yet there was someone who helped us through it. Remember some people may not be as technical savvy as others. He wasn't blaming or insulting anyone here and made a mistake and flashed a Sprint ROM on a Verizon phone. This is a community and we should be helping not bashing. I hope in the future we can treat our new members with a little more respect and do more assisting than insulting. For those who helped =D> I applaude you and thank you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

juddrl is becoming a great contributor

I respectfully disagree. The title of the post implies that YayforJuggs was the reason for the "bricking." It's misleading. I think people are just defending the cook.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:17 AM
VIP Member

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddrl View Post
I respectfully disagree. The title of the post implies that YayforJuggs was the reason for the "bricking." It's misleading. I think people are just defending the cook.
can we just drop this issue already and move on the OP already said he was sorry for wording the tittle like that and some of the people that bashed the op already said they were sorry what is done is done no more re-opening old wounds again

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
bricked, htc touch pro, mightyrom, yay 4 juggs rom