PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Juicy 8 vs Energy ROM

I was a die hard Juicy fan, but he hasn't kept up with the development and the recent release chased me away until somethings are fixed.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 08-08-2009, 12:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nealzo is just getting started

Both chefs have totally different goals, why even try to compare? Read their intro's and just try them. Why not state what YOU are looking for in a ROM? Or even better take the time to try them out. Lots of lazy people on these forums.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

Alksion is keeping up the good workAlksion is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Alksion Send a message via Yahoo to Alksion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealzo View Post
Both chefs have totally different goals, why even try to compare? Read their intro's and just try them. Why not state what YOU are looking for in a ROM? Or even better take the time to try them out. Lots of lazy people on these forums.
Who are you? Lazy? I didn't ask these people to make up my mind for me, I asked what they thought about different ROMS. Think before you speak my friend.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

christian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

C'mon now, play nice! Last week, I flashed my phone with Juicy8, Mighty6 and 5, Merdin 5.0, Copper then back to Juicy8. All these guys do great work and if you really like their stuff, please support and donate or the very least hit thanks. In the end, it all comes down to personal preference and for now I would have to say Juicy8.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: TMO

timothydonohue is just getting started

haven't tried juicy, but am tempted. i really dig energy, particularly once i got the weather working for titanium, but will admit that the battery life leaves something to be desired. came off of the stock ROM where i could go a day and a half with moderate usage (lots and lots of texting, some phone, some data), and now have to make sure i'm within 6 hours of plugging it back in or else i'm fresh out of phone
Old 08-08-2009, 12:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

JuMpMaN6235 is keeping up the good workJuMpMaN6235 is keeping up the good work

I have been on a flashing frenzy this whole week... I am very confident in saying the new energy rom (released 8/6) is the best by far. It is just way quicker/smoother/less buggy.. and after installing a few cabs, i now have the simplicity of the Juicy rom i love (OEM HTC look) on the energy rom.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nealzo is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alksion View Post
Who are you? Lazy? I didn't ask these people to make up my mind for me, I asked what they thought about different ROMS. Think before you speak my friend.
I'm sorry do I need 7K posts to comment on here? My opinion was try them out, how much better can you get?

Just an opinion man, no need to get sensitive

Last edited by nealzo; 08-08-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

DiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

+1 Energy! Battery life is great with Lumos installed.

|Sprint 'Evo'|
|Follow me on Twitter @LarkNoVoorhies|
Old 08-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009

Used to run Juicy 8 for a few months but the combination of some bugs I encountered in his last release (probably due to my using SPB Backup and restoring from the earlier release I was running which had a newer 6.5 Build than the latest Juicy iit ended up causing some issues) and his slowing of development i decided to try out a different ROM, ran DCD 2.00 for a while and its great and fast but would randomly freeze and require soft resets and battery life wasnt as good as 1.11 so I decided to try energy. So far its been quick and stable, I see what people are complaining about with battery life but I always turn down the backlight to 20% all the time and my battery life hasnt been horrible but not great. Only problem ive found is after a while the ROM will begin to slow down and require a soft reset but its been a great ROM so far. Both Juicy and Energy are great ROM's, I believe Juicy has better battery life and is less modified, more stock look while Energy has more updated software and a well themed and loaded system which is probably what causes the worse battery life. Both of them are quite stable and run quick with nice extras and useful features. If you want the 'coolest' most updated ROM go with Energy, if you want a more professional ROM go with Juicy. Just my two cents.

Last edited by killerkhatiby009; 08-08-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamynzNPearlz View Post
+1 Energy! Battery life is great with Lumos installed.
I totally disagree, even with Lumos installed the battery life sucks with Energy. That ROM has by far the worst battery life of any 6.5 ROM I have tried (& I've tried them all)

You NEED to install Lumos just to get the most life you can with it (otherwise you're lucky to get six hours out of it), but most other 6.5 ROM's get twice that with no tweaks whatever.

I have three TP's, one has been running NRG for a week or so. I like the ROM, but there is NO WAY I will ever install it in my everyday phone (& that was my original plan). My current SAC ROM or NFSFAN's latest get double the battery life with virtually identical performance........

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro