PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 03:23 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: FYI: Shady Sprint Sales

Sprint Reps can be tards for sure. I recently had to replace my pro again for the keyboard. Somehow I got a refurb and a NIB sent to my home at the same time. They caught it, but it was too late to stop shipment on the refurb. So they told me to refuse the refurb at the door. I tried to explain that the shipping boxes look the same... How would I know which to refuse. They told me the new phone would have all the accessories with it. The refurb would not. She couldn't understand that the shipping boxes are IDENTICAL. LOL
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 07-23-2009, 05:03 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
Sprint Reps can be tards for sure. I recently had to replace my pro again for the keyboard. Somehow I got a refurb and a NIB sent to my home at the same time. They caught it, but it was too late to stop shipment on the refurb. So they told me to refuse the refurb at the door. I tried to explain that the shipping boxes look the same... How would I know which to refuse. They told me the new phone would have all the accessories with it. The refurb would not. She couldn't understand that the shipping boxes are IDENTICAL. LOL
she wasnt smart enough to tell you that there would be a very noticeable difference in the weight of the package???
Old 07-23-2009, 05:13 PM
The Admin-Ninja

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
she wasnt smart enough to tell you that there would be a very noticeable difference in the weight of the package???
No. LOL

Which I was trying to ask her... What would be the weight of the refurb package. I wasn't guaranteed that they would arrive on the same day. I thought I remembered the NIB being roughly 3lbs... But I wasn't for sure about it.

Luckily they came the same day... So I just opened the heavier of the two.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:41 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
how did u end up getiing a NIB? who did u have to talk to, what did u say. this last time my phone went bad they sent me a refurb and that one had probs so they sent me another and this one has other problems...funny thing is i looked in my closet last night and counted 6 retail tp boxes that my wife and i have gone through, i havent been keeping count on the refurbs, my last refurb lasted quite a while with no problems till the keyboard died...id like to get a new one again but advanced exchange escalations says they cant get me a new one, just another phone but it will be a refurb, what if i wait till the tp2 comes out and ask them to swap to that one? think they will or say no cuz they dont have any refurbs

Old 07-23-2009, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro TWO!

TheAlienElite is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TheAlienElite Send a message via MSN to TheAlienElite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhill2112
iphail
^that's a new one LOL"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyr
how did u end up getiing a NIB? who did u have to talk to, what did u say. this last time my phone went bad they sent me a refurb and that one had probs so they sent me another and this one has other problems...funny thing is i looked in my closet last night and counted 6 retail tp boxes that my wife and i have gone through, i havent been keeping count on the refurbs, my last refurb lasted quite a while with no problems till the keyboard died...id like to get a new one again but advanced exchange escalations says they cant get me a new one, just another phone but it will be a refurb, what if i wait till the tp2 comes out and ask them to swap to that one? think they will or say no cuz they dont have any refurbs
Just out of curiosity, how long do all of these things last? Had mine since June...none of the frequently reported issues thus far*crosses fingers*

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone

Phone History Mogul > Touch Pro > Touch Pro2
Old 07-23-2009, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Threadstarter

Biggnaa20 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Biggnaa20 Send a message via Skype™ to Biggnaa20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlienElite View Post
^that's a new one LOL"

Just out of curiosity, how long do all of these things last? Had mine since June...none of the frequently reported issues thus far*crosses fingers*
My first NIB Touch Pro lasted 2 weeks before the accelerometer crapped out. The Refurb lasted about a month and a half before the keyboard died.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

bjhill2112 is keeping up the good workbjhill2112 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggnaa20 View Post
My first NIB Touch Pro lasted 2 weeks before the accelerometer crapped out. The Refurb lasted about a month and a half before the keyboard died.
Mine went 6 months - then the vibrate went out. Went to the store last Friday (late - around 7:30 pm) and they put in the order for a replacement. The replacement showed up on Monday. I asked the guy if it was a referb and he said yes. Checked the ##786# and it's not - brand new, manufacture's date of 5/22/2009. It feels like better quality than my last one, but we shall see!
Old 07-24-2009, 05:04 PM
The Admin-Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
I do not talk to people on the phone anymore. I only email.

Advanced exchange sent me a refurb at the same time that customer service sent me a NIB. They don't even want my old phone back. I just have to get this refurb back to them since UPS didn't give me the chance to refuse it at the door like Sprint wanted me to.

I think I just got luck, or either they just got tired of me emailing them back.

NIB Touch Pro
Keep broken Pro (my 10 yr old likes this she could care less about the keyboard)
$75 credit on my account
Old 07-24-2009, 07:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

thomaslevi@gmail.com is a n00b

Howdy,

I work for a Sprint indirect dealer and can tell you that the reason we often steer people away from the touch pro is the maintenance the customers require after purchase.

Often people get it because it looks cool and it's expensive..they almost always end up hating it. Sprint then sends them a survey asking about the experience they had in the store and they give us a 1 based on how frustrated they are with the phone. That 1 generally ends up costing the rep about 10% of his paycheck.

I just wanted to point that out to everyone who's so eager to put all of the blame on the rep. Sprint advertises that every customer is going to leave an expert and then implements sales quotas that are impossible to hit if we spent the required time that would take with every customer.

Would be wise to take into account both sides to a story and the external factors effecting it before referring to a whole group of people in a diminutive manor.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:15 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaslevi@gmail.com View Post
Howdy,

I work for a Sprint indirect dealer and can tell you that the reason we often steer people away from the touch pro is the maintenance the customers require after purchase.

Often people get it because it looks cool and it's expensive..they almost always end up hating it. Sprint then sends them a survey asking about the experience they had in the store and they give us a 1 based on how frustrated they are with the phone. That 1 generally ends up costing the rep about 10% of his paycheck.

I just wanted to point that out to everyone who's so eager to put all of the blame on the rep. Sprint advertises that every customer is going to leave an expert and then implements sales quotas that are impossible to hit if we spent the required time that would take with every customer.

Would be wise to take into account both sides to a story and the external factors effecting it before referring to a whole group of people in a diminutive manor.

^^^^^ what ever the rep that sold me my TP told me it was a great phone no troubles at all if the rep was worried about money he would have pointed me to a completely phone know im on my 8th phone

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro