PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 11:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HERO & TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT -my paycheck-

GODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to GODZSON
Cool Q & A for Touch pro's on TEP (Service and Insurance)

Thought I'd help out with question's in this thread regarding your service and repair benefits, or what steps to take and what's covered. Feel free to ask questions and I will be glad to assist. I would've placed this thread in question link but this is directly to just Total Equipment Plan for Touch Pro.

Hope to be of some assistance,

God Bless

Major Nate and myself would be answering any questions you have

Information for ESRP, ERP, TEP & WARRANTY

ESRP: Equipment Service and Repair
Covers minor issues with you phone- flips, software issue, buttons, lcd screen garbled/discolored or inverted as long as it's not cracked, antennas, front housing or rear housing as long as there's no cracks. If the unit is not in store for a swap then an A.E. (Advanced Exchange will be requestded and will arrive in 3-5 business days.

ERP: Equipment Replacement Program (Insurance) Asurion
Covers lost, stolen. broken beyond repair example cracked lcd screen, dented boards, phone in pieces, and liquid damage.

TEP: Total Equipment Protection
This covers everything but will be informed after inspection of unit if it's a repair in store, A.E. or Insurance claim.

Warranty::
You have a 1 year warranty on any unit if you do not have ESRP,ERP or TEP.. This will only cover minor issues like ESRP does not cover insurance related incidents.

Pricing:
No Service (ESRP) or 1yr Warranty: $119 for PDA phones or $99 for non PDA thorugh service and repair (Not related to Insurance incidents)

Insurance claim (ERP): Deductible $100 for PDA and $50 for non PDA

Contact Info

Asurion (Insurance Claims)
(800 ) 584-3666

Sprint Self Service Phone Replacements
http://www.nextel.com/en/services/se...olutions.shtml

Sprint Tech Support
(888 ) 788-4727

Retensions (Cancellations/ Account Services)
(877 ) 775-4886

Donations (show love for my work)

Last edited by GODZSON; 07-22-2009 at 12:03 PM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Jyounya is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Jyounya Send a message via MSN to Jyounya Send a message via Yahoo to Jyounya
Re: Q & A for Touch pro's on TEP (Service and Insurance)

Iight cuz, I dropped my TP running one day...it scratched it up somewhat but the phone still works. 4 weeks later today my phone has vertical gray lines on the screen that go in and out when I touch the screen. I have the TEP, what can I do?
Old 07-16-2009, 12:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

lilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to lilbitz_1018

okay im sure a couple people are still in the clouds (myself included).
Whats the deal with the deductibles? are they still $50 before Aug 1st or $100?
There are many conflicting stories such as: if you do it online its only 50 but call in and shed out the 100.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:13 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

this has absolutely nothing to do with Touch Pros.... insuance is insurance, doent matter what phone u have....

Advanced Exchange is almost always free for your replacements..

Phoneclaim.com - Ausrion, i paid 50 each for 2 TP replacements juat a month ago, so people say it cost them 100 though..

AE-is always you first and safest bet
Old 07-16-2009, 10:32 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

GODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGODZSON is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Cool Re: Q & A for Touch pro's on TEP (Service and Insurance)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyounya View Post
Iight cuz, I dropped my TP running one day...it scratched it up somewhat but the phone still works. 4 weeks later today my phone has vertical gray lines on the screen that go in and out when I touch the screen. I have the TEP, what can I do?
Ok, if it was only scratches that would be known as cosmetics and it would not be covered under TEP, as you stated the lcd screen now has lines running across the screen. You can take it into a Sprint "Repair" store and have it serviced if the unit does not have dents or loose board then it can be swapped within the store if they have a "Seed Stock" if not then it would need to go through Advance Exchange meaning 3-5 business days till the phone is received at the store.. and you can hold on to yours till they get in in, make sure you back up your phone and take of any custom Roms.

Be Safe and God Bless
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:37 AM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

how come my local sprint store ALL WAYS wants me to use my insurance .

im on my 7 TP 1 NIB 6 refurbs every time they want me to use my insurance and pay the cost ( 140 EACH TIME ) ? EVERY single 1 has been a hardware defect

Tp 1 Rainbow watermark

TP 2 -6 was keyboard failure !

or they want me to drive 80 + miles to a "local repair center"

also im very unhappy with the TP ( is there any way to get a different phone with out paying and just doing a swap out ? )

Last edited by Sporkman; 07-16-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:41 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbitz_1018 View Post
okay im sure a couple people are still in the clouds (myself included).
Whats the deal with the deductibles? are they still $50 before Aug 1st or $100?
There are many conflicting stories such as: if you do it online its only 50 but call in and shed out the 100.
Ok, here is the low down.. This is through Insurance "only" known as Asurion a company that is contracted by Sprint to send out these type of claims and any phone that is not covered in ESRP: Equipment Service and Repair Program (Service) would go through ERP: Equipment Replacement Program (Insurance)

Any Dents, housing cracks, broken screens, Liquid damage ( soda, water, milk, spit, sweat.. umm bodily fluids)

$50 for non PDA (PPC) phones
$100 for PDA (PPC) phones

God Bless
Old 07-16-2009, 10:45 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Cool Re: Q & A for Touch pro's on TEP (Service and Insurance)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
this has absolutely nothing to do with Touch Pros.... insuance is insurance, doent matter what phone u have....

Advanced Exchange is almost always free for your replacements..

Phoneclaim.com - Ausrion, i paid 50 each for 2 TP replacements juat a month ago, so people say it cost them 100 though..

AE-is always you first and safest bet
Um I work for Sprint and if you don't see this useful then no need to reply, it has alot to do with TP's because there are several issues with it and depending on it an Insurance claim or Service would need to be directed for the customer.

A.E. is free if you pay for the service and get it in your account within your first 30days of service through Sprint and it still depends on the issue.

God Bless
Old 07-16-2009, 11:05 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkman View Post
how come my local sprint store ALL WAYS wants me to use my insurance .

im on my 7 TP 1 NIB 6 refurbs every time they want me to use my insurance and pay the cost ( 140 EACH TIME ) ? EVERY single 1 has been a hardware defect

Tp 1 Rainbow watermark

TP 2 -6 was keyboard failure !

or they want me to drive 80 + miles to a "local repair center"

also im very unhappy with the TP ( is there any way to get a different phone with out paying and just doing a swap out ? )

Sorry to hear that sir, Is this a third party store or corporate.. If a corporate non repair store they really may not know what's covered under service or insurance.. You can request your own replacement if it's not Liquid damage on the link in the 1st post. Also if you contact Retensions and inform them the drama you've gone through you may get a different model all depends on the rep you get.. just inform if business use that its hurting your pocket and loosing business do to the constant issues.. and if you like the Iphone OS the Palm Pre would be a thought.. It doesn't have many apps, no SD slot and has 8GB of space in unit, just a heads up
Old 07-16-2009, 11:10 AM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thx for the info !

its a corporate store

ive called retentions 3 times got the run around every time

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro