PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 01:05 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who else hates the Touch Pro 2's keyboard??

Ah sweet, with that last post I just realized I am no longer a sad ol' Lurker. Happy dance

EDIT: Not too sure 'N00b' sounds any better but I'm working on it!

Last edited by CovKid66; 07-12-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by covkid66 View Post
+1 here too. I haven't used it yet either but I just remember going from a 6800 to the TP and finding the keyboard cramped in comparision. I'm looking forward to trying it, but that's only my opinion. Each to their own, and everyone will always have a different need or preference to the next guy. I will end on this note....I find I use the slide out kbd less on the TP than I did on the 6800 for small amounts of typing, and I can only believe that's because the TP keyboard is hit and miss with the cramped non-offset layout.
Agreed, the keyboard on the 6800 was great and so much easier to type on!
Old 07-12-2009, 01:25 PM

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Agreed, the keyboard on the 6800 was great and so much easier to type on!
Believe it or not I was cleaning up my bedside cabinet yesterday (sad but true) and found my 6800. Opened her up and realized what I was missing. Other than the screen resolution and the memory issues, I'd switch back to it in a heart beat! The keyboard, plus the reliable d-pad, and the extra hard keys on the front were the things I really missed when I upgraded to a TP. C'est la vie!
Old 07-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Believe it or not I was cleaning up my bedside cabinet yesterday (sad but true) and found my 6800. Opened her up and realized what I was missing. Other than the screen resolution and the memory issues, I'd switch back to it in a heart beat! The keyboard, plus the reliable d-pad, and the extra hard keys on the front were the things I really missed when I upgraded to a TP. C'est la vie!
All things we won't even get back with the TP2...

Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
Old 07-12-2009, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

difrent7 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to difrent7 Send a message via MSN to difrent7

The keyboard can be amazing but if it has lag issues it is really just pointless.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Talking Re: Who else hates the Touch Pro 2's keyboard??

Quote:
Ah sweet, with that last post I just realized I am no longer a sad ol' Lurker. Happy dance

EDIT: Not too sure 'N00b' sounds any better but I'm working on it!
Lmao seriously I laughed at that post for a good 2mins...the *edit* part did it for me

Back on topic without using the tp2 I think they kb will be better. Using spaced out keyboard on phones before really makes a difference

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 07-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

How much longer when TP2 will be coming to Sprint? I cant wait any longer.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot View Post
Lmao seriously I laughed at that post for a good 2mins...the *edit* part did it for me

Back on topic without using the tp2 I think they kb will be better. Using spaced out keyboard on phones before really makes a difference
From Lurker to N00b to Regular in one day! Told ya I was working on it

Old 07-13-2009, 05:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Raph800 Radio Telus 1.04.05V OS: indagrooves latest
Carrier: Cricket

neurotek is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to neurotek Send a message via MSN to neurotek Send a message via Yahoo to neurotek

I think the TP2 keyboard is way better seeing one of my fingers covers >5 keys on the current TP pretty much. DPAD does suck, it's replaced by a dedicated slider dealio. I just wish the TP2 was capacitive touch. I don't think it is at least. The lack of architecture upgrade is a bummer though. If I could get one CHEAP i would, but my TP1 will have to last for now. (hopefully I can fix the screen, just dropped it today too)
Old 07-13-2009, 05:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
I haven't used it yet, but I think the keyboard looks infinitly better
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot View Post
+1 for that post I'm with you on that. I mean seriously you lose a "few" keys but you get a better more spaced out keyboard. Like the tp keyboard but keys so cramped harder to type but that's just for me
Quote:
+1 here too. I haven't used it yet either but I just remember going from a 6800 to the TP and finding the keyboard cramped in comparision. I'm looking forward to trying it, but that's only my opinion. Each to their own, and everyone will always have a different need or preference to the next guy. I will end on this note....I find I use the slide out kbd less on the TP than I did on the 6800 for small amounts of typing, and I can only believe that's because the TP keyboard is hit and miss with the cramped non-offset layout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neurotek View Post
I think the TP2 keyboard is way better seeing one of my fingers covers >5 keys on the current TP pretty much. DPAD does suck, it's replaced by a dedicated slider dealio. I just wish the TP2 was capacitive touch. I don't think it is at least. The lack of architecture upgrade is a bummer though. If I could get one CHEAP i would, but my TP1 will have to last for now. (hopefully I can fix the screen, just dropped it today too)
Sorry, but I had to laugh at some of these. Especially the comment about how the keyboard "looks" better. Because thats what really matters for a keyboard...how it looks. The only thing that looks matter on are chicks, cars and my *** and not necessarily in that order. Don't flame me, I know that you meant that the keyboard looked like it would be better (for typing on), not just look asthetically better...it just made me laugh. The OP made a good point. With the bigger screen for on-screen typing to handle normal stuff, they could afford to put a more complete/functional keyboard on the device instead of giving me a Rant/Rumor/*enter cheap *** LG/Samsung/etc POS Qwerty device here* keyboard. As mentioned before, missing the top row of numbers is a no go, hated using the Fn keys on the 6700, 6800 etc and will hate it on the TP2. No flash, gimped keyboard, and the only plusses are a bigger screen? I think I will wait until the TP3...or 4. Going back to the TP2 keyboard, I question the helpfulness of it being offset. PC keyboards are offset for ergonomics since you are using, in most cases, both hands and most if not all your fingers. Since I doubt any of you use any more than your thumbs on both hands I do not see the benefit from an offset. However, since the thumb is generally the biggest "finger" on the hand that does make the argument that bigger keys = easier typing, no dispute there. +1 to the OPs post.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro