PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 09:13 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: Titanium LCD Font

ok sounds good. i will report back in 5 minutes when im done

Old 07-09-2009, 09:42 AM
The Hibster

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community

Got it! Thanks bro looks great again!
Old 07-09-2009, 09:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

No problem. CPRs aren't that scary at all once you do it for yourself. I have not ventured into changing much on CPR's besides fonts and font sizes, yet...

let's see a screenshot!
Old 07-09-2009, 09:49 AM
The Hibster

Can't I gotta run... maybe later if I remember! Thanks again man!
Old 07-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!
Carrier: Sprint

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

Ok I am having some issues with trying to load my font. I have followed Raid's directions to this point, then I get lost.....
2. edit & replace \windows\titanium480_640.cpr and titanium640_480.cpr with your favorite text editor and replace tahoma with the name of the font you want. I also edited the size of the time caption font so it was bigger. (Optional - Edit your font file to include a degree symbol with a font editor)
Ok I don't understand the whole edit & replace with your favorite text editor part. Could someone explain that to me in idiot proof terms?
What is a good text editor, in fact what is a text editor? I would love to do this myself, but I dont know what this stuff is...

TIA

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Almost a VIP

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 View Post
Ok I am having some issues with trying to load my font. I have followed Raid's directions to this point, then I get lost.....
2. edit & replace \windows\titanium480_640.cpr and titanium640_480.cpr with your favorite text editor and replace tahoma with the name of the font you want. I also edited the size of the time caption font so it was bigger. (Optional - Edit your font file to include a degree symbol with a font editor)
Ok I don't understand the whole edit & replace with your favorite text editor part. Could someone explain that to me in idiot proof terms?
What is a good text editor, in fact what is a text editor? I would love to do this myself, but I dont know what this stuff is...

TIA
Anyone...

Am I all alone on this...?
Old 07-09-2009, 12:40 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

Hey
A text editor comes with windows is notepad. you will need to copy the files from your device onto your pc, right click them and click open with, choose notepad.

to be more complete, once you have the cpr open in notepad (it looks like XML or html - might be, idk) click edit, replace, type in Tahoma in the first box and the name of you rfont in the second box and click ok. that will replace all occurences of the work Tahoma in the file with a word you choose. then save ad exit then copy the edited .cpr files back into \windows on your device with activesync. reboot and you're done.

Last edited by raidzero; 07-09-2009 at 12:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
Hey
A text editor comes with windows is notepad. you will need to copy the files from your device onto your pc, right click them and click open with, choose notepad.

to be more complete, once you have the cpr open in notepad (it looks like XML or html - might be, idk) click edit, replace, type in Tahoma in the first box and the name of you rfont in the second box and click ok. that will replace all occurences of the work Tahoma in the file with a word you choose. then save ad exit then copy the edited .cpr files back into \windows on your device with activesync. reboot and you're done.
Well when I try to open the files (I assume you are talking about the Titaniumn480x640 files etc...) How do I find them on the PC?
I currently have my TP active synced to my PC (vista and i don't have notepad I have OneNote. will this work?) when I look into my Windows Mobile Device Center/File Management/Browse contents of your device, I do not see a windows folder to find the Titanium480 files....? Am I doing it right?
Old 07-09-2009, 12:58 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

ahh.. you will have to first, press alt to drop down the menu for vista (this is done inside my computer) then go to tools, folder options, view, and select show hidden files and folders, below that, uncheck hide extensions for known file types (ok thats not necessary but I like to see them), but the main one is uncheck hide protected operating system files. This will allow the windows folder to show up. Unless you have some weird non stock version of vista, you have notepad. you also have wordpad. either one will work. onenote is a windows mobile app... I have the full office enterprise 2007 on my pc and I do not have onenote. you can also start notepad by pressing the windows key + r and type in notepad. or go to start programs accessories notepad.. from there you can open a file in notepad, make sure you select all files, and then browse to the TP, it will be under computer as HTC Touch Pro (I think thats what it calls it)

Last edited by raidzero; 07-09-2009 at 01:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:05 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Just followed your steps and it worked perfectly. Found a font on dafont.com as well. I didn't edit the size of the font because I didn't know how it would turn out to begin with. Thanks for the tutorial! cab is attached if you want to use this, just hit the thanks button. I installed raidzero's updated cab before editing the files so the panels that are supported in his cab are supported in mine as well. Make sure to install to device memory.

Attached Files
File Type: cab Mark Titanium MUYE.cab (126.3 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by lwrdrchvy2; 07-10-2009 at 02:31 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro