PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 11:00 AM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SMS Lag Fix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ott View Post
I might look into trying to tweak it a lil where it keeps the count but only counts when you stop typing for say 2 seconds or so
Its not really possible without a complete overhaul of the html design.

I did modify it so that it would not display any count, but would still display "(2 Messages)" when you pass 160 characters. However, this still causes the update-after-each-character behavior that creates lag.

I am going with no count and leaving it at that. Thanks for this find.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:48 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i count my keystrokes now
Good find lol. Texting is almost up to speed with my typing
Old 06-30-2009, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

skilledone is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
i count my keystrokes now
Good find lol. Texting is almost up to speed with my typing

lucky you, sadly this didn't work for me . Sprint stock ROM here.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:30 AM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyonly View Post
I tried using Might ROM 4 and when I removed count it didn't really break anything. I think someone might be removing more than just count? I can break it if I remove some of the other stuff... maybe you have two spaces between the arguments?
I removed count per the instructions and did not have any spaces where they shouldn't be.

I even tried the two files that were attached earlier in the thread.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Threadstarter

bradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Since others with the stock sprint ROM have tried it with success maybe there's something in that htm on your phone need specifically. Could you post the htm that you have? (to make it easier to read put it in a code tag.)
Old 07-01-2009, 11:49 AM
The GrooGrux King

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Since others with the stock sprint ROM have tried it with success maybe there's something in that htm on your phone need specifically. Could you post the htm that you have? (to make it easier to read put it in a code tag.)

Here you go:

Code:
<html XMLNS:Inbox>

<head>
  <object id="HTMLFormFactory" CLASSID="clsid:29d48cf7-ed6a-4a9d-a17a-ae9115c07a90" />
  <?IMPORT NAMESPACE="Inbox" IMPLEMENTATION="#HTMLFormFactory" />
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="file://\windows\thread_style.css" type="text/css" />
 </head>

<body>
  <Inbox:ThreadIFrame>
   <Inbox:content id="THREADIFRAME" links />
  </Inbox:ThreadIFrame>

<div id="threadbottom">
   <hr class="divider" size="1" />
   <Inbox:ComposeBodyCount>
    <Inbox:content ID="COMPOSEBODYCOUNT" format="%1!d!/%2!d!%4 (%3!d! messages)" title />
   </Inbox:ComposeBodyCount>
   <Inbox:ComposeSubject class="sms">
    <Inbox:content id="COMPOSESUBJECT" width="98%" height=50 spell focus count links noclearonbackpresshold limit=0 autocap inserttab scroll />
   </Inbox:ComposeSubject>
  </div>

</body>

</html>
Old 07-01-2009, 03:00 PM
N00b
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Threadstarter

bradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yours is a little different than mine. All I can really say it try to recopy the htm file in my first post. I had it just break now when I flashed to GrooveROM. All I did was go into my storage card, copy the file using ctrl+c, go to the windows folder and hit ctrl+v. Make sure you use Total Commander to copy and paste it because File Explorer doesn't have full permission to do it. Other than that I'm not sure what else you could try. Maybe restarting the phone, copying the file and then restarting again right after? I did put off restarting it the first time I did it because I was installing and then I forgot.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:17 PM
The GrooGrux King

Quote:
Yours is a little different than mine. All I can really say it try to recopy the htm file in my first post. I had it just break now when I flashed to GrooveROM. All I did was go into my storage card, copy the file using ctrl+c, go to the windows folder and hit ctrl+v. Make sure you use Total Commander to copy and paste it because File Explorer doesn't have full permission to do it. Other than that I'm not sure what else you could try. Maybe restarting the phone, copying the file and then restarting again right after? I did put off restarting it the first time I did it because I was installing and then I forgot.
I'll try the one in your OP. I tried the one half way through the thread when my edit didn't work.

I'll do a diff on them to see the difference as well.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:11 PM
N00b

hittingsmoke is just getting started

Just tried this on the latest 6.5 Mighty Rom and it works great.

Still have a very tiny bit of lag but it lags in groups of characters and catches up before I have a chance to press send so it doesn't effect my texting speed.

I had tried to registry tweaks for keyboard lag before with no effect.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

coreyoli is keeping up the good workcoreyoli is keeping up the good work

This worked like a charm in my newly cooked ROM.

Thanks!!

-Corey

(yup, I clicked the little green button)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro