PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 11:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

tallblazer124 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Manual Activation, SERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffH70 View Post
You can get phone from BB for your sero account, as long as you are out of your 2 year contract or at least 22 months into it. That was how I got my TP from BB last Oct. Their snap system can verify that you can upgrade, however, their system can not see your account detail due to the sero. What they will do is to call Sprint to activate the phone manually to the system (ESN) and then it will provision itself automatically. Of course do not tell BB you have sero, just say you are in the corp account will do.

I am a little confused. I am on a Sero plan and my contract will expire on November. 2 questions if i wanted to get a new phone they wont extend my sero plan that i currently have 30 dollars a month 500 minutes unlimited everything. 2nd if i let my contract expire will they still charge me at the rate that i am currently paying after being out of contract?
Old 08-18-2009, 11:59 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by srsizzy View Post
Also, sidenote: when your contract ends, does your plan just continue (theoretically) indefinitely? And I could just upgrade my phone manually like this whenever I feel like it?

Thanks for the help.
Our contracted ended and we rode it month to month for like 6 months lol until we got our PPC's, but it was just the normal plans not SERO....Sorry I don't know if those do, but ours seemed to
Old 08-19-2009, 01:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint Sero

MinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good work

Your sero will go month to month after your contract is up.

You can buy a phone off of craigslist/ebay if you would like and you should meet them at a Sprint store to activate it like stated in a previous post. If the phone is being shipped to you, you can activate on your sprint account webpage also. I didnt go that route because I prefer to buy expensive electronics at a corporate store in case something is wrong with the product and I feel more secure buying expensive electronics and instantly having them in my hands with a reciept of my purchase. But its up to you.

You can use your upgrade just like anyone else on sprint but you wont be able to get a phone at a sprint corp store. Most likely you wont be able to upgrade at what I would call 2nd party sprint branded stores. In MN we have a companyies like world of wireless, shock city wireless, mobile phone co besides many others.

You can upgrade your phone with a Sero plan at Best buy, Radioshack, everything plus website (http://delivery.sprint.com/m/p/sprin...epclanding.asp) ran by Sprint, and through Sprint telesales 99% of the time. To gain access to the website you will have to google Russ McGuire + sprint sero to get sprint employee email addy plus the 3 digit CID code. At Best Buy or Radioshack if your told that they cannot upgrade your phone because Sero then try a different store location. If while your talking with telesales and try to state you need to upgrade your plan then simply state that you'll call back and basically call back 5 minutes later to get a different rep. Most likely you wont encounter any problems on the everything plus website posted above. If you go through Sprint telesales/everythingplus, you will have to deal with rebates. From what I have read it is also more likely the Sprint rep may mess up your sero plan.

I suggest and many others suggest at various forum boards that using your upgrade at Best Buy or Radioshack is the best route. If you decide on Best Buy or Radioshack DO NOT MENTION SERO. The store will still recieve compesation for the sale regardless but you may either confuse the cell salesmen or they may not want to do a tiny bit more of work that they"ll have to do with a Sero upgrade. Let them figure it out, act stupid and just tell them you have a 500 minute plan if your asked. They will be able to see you have an upgrade through their electronic system and then they will start the process. If they cannot see it electronically the rep most likely will call Sprint to verify your upgrade eligibility. Most likely you will have to sign a paper copy for contract renewal rather than electronically which makes no difference to you. I highly recomend Best Buy to do the renewal because no mail in rebates (telesales will have mail in rebates), normally Best Buy is cheaper than Radioshack, and unlike Sprint telesales, Bestbuy/Radioshack most likely wont touch or suggest to you to change from your sero plan.

You will not be able to upgrade to a Instinct (any model), or a Pre. Blackberries are a pain in the butt to get on Sero but it can be done.
If any Bestbuy or Radioshack employee tells you that you need a data plan for the phone tell them that data is already included on your plan.

I have used my upgrade at Best Buy for my Touch Pro (5 months ago) and my girlfriends HTC Snap (2 weeks ago) with no problems whatsoever. I walked in to Best Buy started looking at phones, the saleswomen came and greeted me, I then stated my line was eligible for an upgrade and I wanted this phone, she had me sit down at the sales booth and she started her work on my upgrade. I sat and just watched and answered the basic questions she asked. I talked about the weather or how well they liked working at Best Buy. Each time they couldn't electronically have me sign an extension so they did it manually by calling Sprint and then having me sign a paper contract extension, 20 minutes later had phone in hand, activated on account

Most of what I learned was from the FAQ and from posters at HOFO...HOFO is also how I learned about PPCGeeks...Best bet is to read the sero forum on howard forums direct link-> http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=355 to learn more about your nice plan

Good Luck

Last edited by MinLo; 08-19-2009 at 02:35 AM. Reason: ADDED LINKS
Old 08-19-2009, 01:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

tallblazer124 is becoming a great contributor

Thanks for the information. Sounds like I will Just upgrade over the phone with Tele sales. I might not even have to upgrade therotically speaking because i started this plan with a mogul and now i am on a touch pro due to replacing my mogul so many times. I have replace my touch pro 5 times already so by the time the Touch pro 2 comes out i will probably going back to the store for a keyboard issues and i will have a brand new TP2 without extending my contract and keeping sero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinLo View Post
Your sero will go month to month after your contract is up.

You can buy a phone off of craigslist/ebay if you would like and you should meet them at a Sprint store to activate it like stated in a previous post. If the phone is being shipped to you, you can activate on your sprint account webpage also. I didnt go that route because I prefer to buy expensive electronics at a corporate store in case something is wrong with the product and I feel more secure buying expensive electronics and instantly having them in my hands with a reciept of my purchase. But its up to you.

You can use your upgrade just like anyone else on sprint but you wont be able to get a phone at a sprint corp store. Most likely you wont be able to upgrade at what I would call 2nd party sprint branded stores. In MN we have a companyies like world of wireless, shock city wireless, mobile phone co besides many others.

You can upgrade your phone with a Sero plan at Best buy, Radioshack, everything plus website (http://delivery.sprint.com/m/p/sprin...epclanding.asp) ran by Sprint, and through Sprint telesales 99% of the time. To gain access to the website you will have to google Russ McGuire + sprint sero to get sprint employee email addy plus the 3 digit CID code. At Best Buy or Radioshack if your told that they cannot upgrade your phone because Sero then try a different store location. If while your talking with telesales and try to state you need to upgrade your plan then simply state that you'll call back and basically call back 5 minutes later to get a different rep. Most likely you wont encounter any problems on the everything plus website posted above. If you go through Sprint telesales/everythingplus, you will have to deal with rebates. From what I have read it is also more likely the Sprint rep may mess up your sero plan.

I suggest and many others suggest at various forum boards that using your upgrade at Best Buy or Radioshack is the best route. If you decide on Best Buy or Radioshack DO NOT MENTION SERO. The store will still recieve compesation for the sale regardless but you may either confuse the cell salesmen or they may not want to do a tiny bit more of work that they"ll have to do with a Sero upgrade. Let them figure it out, act stupid and just tell them you have a 500 minute plan if your asked. They will be able to see you have an upgrade through their electronic system and then they will start the process. If they cannot see it electronically the rep most likely will call Sprint to verify your upgrade eligibility. Most likely you will have to sign a paper copy for contract renewal rather than electronically which makes no difference to you. I highly recomend Best Buy to do the renewal because no mail in rebates (telesales will have mail in rebates), normally Best Buy is cheaper than Radioshack, and unlike Sprint telesales, Bestbuy/Radioshack most likely wont touch or suggest to you to change from your sero plan.

You will not be able to upgrade to a Instinct (any model), or a Pre. Blackberries are a pain in the butt to get on Sero but it can be done.
If any Bestbuy or Radioshack employee tells you that you need a data plan for the phone tell them that data is already included on your plan.

I have used my upgrade at Best Buy for my Touch Pro (5 months ago) and my girlfriends HTC Snap (2 weeks ago) with no problems whatsoever. I walked in to Best Buy started looking at phones, the saleswomen came and greeted me, I then stated my line was eligible for an upgrade and I wanted this phone, she had me sit down at the sales booth and she started her work on my upgrade. I sat and just watched and answered the basic questions she asked. I talked about the weather or how well they liked working at Best Buy. Each time they couldn't electronically have me sign an extension so they did it manually by calling Sprint and then having me sign a paper contract extension, 20 minutes later had phone in hand, activated on account

Most of what I learned was from the FAQ and from posters at HOFO...HOFO is also how I learned about PPCGeeks...Best bet is to read the sero forum on howard forums direct link-> http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=355 to learn more about your nice plan

Good Luck

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro