PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose
Re: A suggestion for Builders

Quote:
Originally Posted by psooky View Post
You can't be serious. Some threads have over 5000 replies. I wish I had that kind of spare time.

Simple suggestion by TC, and as stated, some chefs do so.

Yes I am dead serious...most of the post in a rom thread are people asking for a fix to a problem that had they read 1 or 2 pages back could have been prevented as the fix was given 1000000 times... I'm gonna assume you flash a rom and have followed the thread.. how many times do you get tied of answering the same question over and over cause some one did have the time to read 1 or 2 damn pages of the thread?..........Read the damn thread and it cuts out multiple usless post keeping the thread to 100 pages not 5000 lol
Old 06-16-2009, 04:15 PM
VIP Member
Carrier: Sprint

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouMayLose View Post
Yes I am dead serious...most of the post in a rom thread are people asking for a fix to a problem that had they read 1 or 2 pages back could have been prevented as the fix was given 1000000 times... I'm gonna assume you flash a rom and have followed the thread.. how many times do you get tied of answering the same question over and over cause some one did have the time to read 1 or 2 damn pages of the thread?..........Read the damn thread and it cuts out multiple usless post keeping the thread to 100 pages not 5000 lol
well if the person already asked the question does it hurt you so much to answer it if you already know the question i mean come on if your going to put effort to tell the guy to search the forum you can at least answer the question adn tell them to next time go through it.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge_longhorn View Post
well if the person already asked the question does it hurt you so much to answer it if you already know the question i mean come on if your going to put effort to tell the guy to search the forum you can at least answer the question adn tell them to next time go through it.
I never tell any to use the search button..i tell them the answer is 1 page back... the a cpl post later..the same question I tell them the answer is 2 pages back...lol
Old 06-16-2009, 04:45 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouMayLose View Post
Too true. You don't know how many times I've had to answer questions that already have the answer clearly posted in post 1 of the thread. RTFM!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 04:46 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge_longhorn View Post
When you answer the same question like 20 times, it gets annoying.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:13 PM
j_j
PPCGeeks Regular

j_j is keeping up the good workj_j is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
When you answer the same question like 20 times, it gets annoying.
True but what would this site be with out the unknowing endusers, even if they do ask the same questions 20 times. You don't just role up in a forum and start telling everyone how to run their threads though.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hmmm and the person asking the same question for the 21st time was going to donate more money than anyone else has, but got pissed at the answer "Search the forum" and decided to go elsewhere. Or is like me, I searched and searched, found 1,000's of answers to my question. But regrettably did not understand any of them to make me feel comfortable enough to risk bricking my TP in an attempt to upgrade to 6.5 or anything else. I just decided to stay where I am, at 6.1 on my US Cellular phone.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:49 PM
VIP Member

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oditius View Post
Hmmm and the person asking the same question for the 21st time was going to donate more money than anyone else has, but got pissed at the answer "Search the forum" and decided to go elsewhere. Or is like me, I searched and searched, found 1,000's of answers to my question. But regrettably did not understand any of them to make me feel comfortable enough to risk bricking my TP in an attempt to upgrade to 6.5 or anything else. I just decided to stay where I am, at 6.1 on my US Cellular phone.
eww 6.1 you should upgrade to 6.5 so much better
Old 06-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

that is the problem. I don't know how, and most instructions are written for different carriers. Most I have heard is to use any CDMA but copy something about MMS and some other file. Sinxe this would be my first, generic instructions won't work for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro